Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 07-05-2022, 03:13 PM   #91
Augen
The Hulk

The oddest part is reading complaints about this that sound like it is more Ragnarok where I felt like the odd one out not enjoying that.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2022, 03:51 PM   #92
The Dark Knight
Hellfire Club

Whatever we say about Marvel Films. There is one thing that they achived. They made reading comics cool in the general audiance's eyes. Before Marvel Films, reading comics considered incredibly lame by the general audiance.
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2022, 03:59 PM   #93
SONICobra
Batman

I don’t think any of us should care if other people think reading comics is cool. Its nice more people are aware of what’s out there at least and these characters are household names now
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2022, 04:08 PM   #94
The Dark Knight
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
I don?t think any of us should care if other people think reading comics is cool. Its nice more people are aware of what?s out there at least and these characters are household names now
I was reading secretly. lol I never forget, Some local publisher was publishing Ultimate X-Men monthly when i was at high school. I started to collect them, after reading some Sandman, i was like comics is the real deal. There was this chemistry teacher woman who i studied with as my private tutor. I showed her my Ultimate X-Men collection someday and as soon as she saw the comics, she was in a state of terror... She treated me like i was somekind of serial killer maniac. I was so ashemed, ever since then i read comics secretly. I am glad now, it is cool to read comics thanks to Marvel Films.
Old 07-05-2022, 05:43 PM   #95
SONICobra
Batman

well she sounds like a closed minded b_tch, but im glad you get to feel more comfortable now
Old 07-07-2022, 07:18 AM   #96
Demona
Martian Manhunter

I’m happy to see I’m not the only tentative viewer. I’m also thinking it’s not good news that rotten tomatoes has nothing.

Dark Knight - sorry for your judgmental experience. No shame in the comic game here. I remember at first being shy to go into my LCBS because it was the early 90s and I was the only girl. Eventually I just decided I didn’t care and it was cool by me.

Sidenote to your story that I too had all the Ultimate XMen!! Still do actually I loved the art. Look at those issues with Mark Brooks art and see how much his style has changed! Those comics are also where I fell in love with David Finch’s art. I wish I could get a page from his run.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2022, 09:41 AM   #97
The Dark Knight
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
I?m happy to see I?m not the only tentative viewer. I?m also thinking it?s not good news that rotten tomatoes has nothing.

Dark Knight - sorry for your judgmental experience. No shame in the comic game here. I remember at first being shy to go into my LCBS because it was the early 90s and I was the only girl. Eventually I just decided I didn?t care and it was cool by me.

Sidenote to your story that I too had all the Ultimate XMen!! Still do actually I loved the art. Look at those issues with Mark Brooks art and see how much his style has changed! Those comics are also where I fell in love with David Finch?s art. I wish I could get a page from his run.
Many of us probably had their bad experience with being a comics reader before Marvel Films made it cool to read comics. Unfortunatly, i don't have all the Ultimate X-Men issues Demona... The title got canceled with issue 16 or something in Turkiye, probably because of lack of sales. I got whatever the local publisher printed as singles though. (: I really liked those 16 issues that i read except Sabertooth having 4 Adamantium claws each hand... That was dumb. It was my first X-Men comics experience after the 90s cartoon. (: I look forward to The Ultimate X-Men Omnibus that Marvel will print soon to finish reading the run years later.
Old 07-07-2022, 03:41 PM   #98
ParisDean
Captain Marvel

Why are people here unsure about this movie? Of course it's going to be goofy like Ragnarok. Wasn't that obvious from the trailers? And that it's by the same director, Taika Waititi?

And reviews are available on Rotten Tomatoes--70% fresh which isn't much different from the 74% fresh rating of Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness. In other words, this will be another typical MCU film that aims to please the masses.
ParisDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2022, 03:56 PM   #99
The Dark Knight
Hellfire Club

It is just a bad feeling i can't shake off about Love and Thunder... i don't particulerly put my finger on anything about the film about why i have a bad feeling. But it will probably be long gone once i saw the film in theathers tomorrow. I actually even liked the first two Thor Films as well. Thor 1 is the only Marvel film, which i saw in theather two times. xD
Old 07-07-2022, 05:32 PM   #100
SONICobra
Batman

watched a review by 3C films and sadly i think this is exactly how im probably going to feel... these marvel movies are getting old now and i HATE saying that