Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 07-09-2022, 11:04 PM   #111
Gruson
Suicide Squad

Loved Thor 1 and Dark World. Ragnarok was too much IMO forced comedy that was annoying to me. I like serious Thor not comedian Thor so guess I?ll wait on this one?.didn?t expect I would hear good things.
Gruson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2022, 05:38 AM   #112
Vracula
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gruson View Post
Loved Thor 1 and Dark World. Ragnarok was too much IMO forced comedy that was annoying to me. I like serious Thor not comedian Thor so guess I?ll wait on this one?.didn?t expect I would hear good things.
Dude if u did not like Ragnarok this will make u puke.
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2022, 05:46 AM   #113
Vracula
Jedi Order

Trash movie 5/10

There is a thin line between a Comedy and a Parody . This was parody , they created a Parody of the character and the universe . I kinda liked Ragnarok but knew what to expect with Taika , but he let me down with this one . I love Kiwi Humor and love all of Taika?s movies but this was just grade A trash . I think this might be the worst Marvel to date in my book. No matter how bad a marvel movie got I didn?t feel like walking out but this movie definitely got me there . Can?t believe Christian Bale would be too proud of this turd. I knew when they didn?t go with Gorrs look they wouldn?t be taking this movie too seriously. I am so pissed I loved the god butcher Graphic novel . They had the opportunity to create the best villian since Thanos but you can?t do that when every scene includes a awkward dry joke.
Old 07-10-2022, 01:58 PM   #114
SONICobra
Batman

Yeah I didn’t like this movie at all. Didn’t do service to either of the stories they adapted and overall felt very rushed. This isn’t a funny comic book character movie, it’s a movie that makes fun of comic characters. Marvel can keep this sh_t if that’s how they want to make movies going forward

3/10 for me, I liked the goats
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2022, 05:54 PM   #115
Vracula
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
This isn?t a funny comic book character movie, it?s a movie that makes fun of comic characters.
Perfectly described.
Old 07-10-2022, 08:18 PM   #116
Sonic Boom
The Green Hornet

MCU is really going downhill. I really only enjoyed the recent Spiderman. Thor lost his home world and just about everyone he's known, but let's make him a clown. Feel sorry for Scarlet Witch because she had fake kids with a robot.
Sonic Boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2022, 04:33 AM   #117
damienjakk
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

As someone who really liked Ragnarok I have to say this was pretty damn awful. I feel bad for Chris Hemsworth and Christian Bale as not even their combined likeability and intimidation factors were enough to elevate it this to be tolerable for a second viewing.

2/10

If you already have Disney+ and are a completionist watch it there in a few weeks, otherwise don't bother.
damienjakk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2022, 06:20 AM   #118
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
Yeah I didn?t like this movie at all. Didn?t do service to either of the stories they adapted and overall felt very rushed. This isn?t a funny comic book character movie, it?s a movie that makes fun of comic characters. Marvel can keep this sh_t if that?s how they want to make movies going forward

3/10 for me, I liked the goats
I don't think this is how it will be going forward, but more of an aberration.

This is the first film in phase 4 where i had to ask, why was this made? It literally brought nothing new to the character of Thor or the MCU.

Spoiler

Black widow - Closes out Natasha's story and brings Yelena into the MCU as the new Black Widow.

Eternals - Gives a grander scope to the cosmic MCU with Celestials moving forward and introduces both the Eternals and Black Knight to the MCU.

Spider-man No Way Home - Resets Peter's situation and has him realize that sometimes he will need to lose the ones he loves to protect them, and opens up the multiverse even further.

Dr. Strange and TMOM - Moves Stephen on from Christine, Introduces the greater multiverse, introduces America Chavez, Introduces Incursions, moves Wanda off the board (for now), Sets up Stephen to travel even more of the Multiverse with a newly introduced Clea.

Thor Love and Thunder - ...Introduces Hercules in a cameo. Kills Jane Foster.

It just contains very little movement as far as the character of Thor is concerned or the overall universe is concerned.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2022, 09:25 AM   #119
SONICobra
Batman

i think the only thing it really does aside from wasting everyones time is introduces thors new sidekick and answers the question "wheres jane?"
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2022, 10:54 AM   #120
Big Hulk
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

I liked it. You have to keep in mind these movies have mainstream appeal. A lot of it was for laughs which is what mainstream want. But come on, if you didn't laugh at that opening where Thor helped the Guardians you aren't a human
Big Hulk is offline   Reply With Quote