Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Just The Facts... > Collection Corner

Old 10-26-2019, 03:29 AM   #321
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by punisher2000 View Post
AWESOME ... I like the option to display 11 together. If possible you can install another light line in the top and background of the display box? would help to get more light into the second line and will pop up the second line. Do you plan to cover the background with textile ( black or white or... ) so the background of the display is looking nicer?

Anyway... nice collection and good work on custom display!

Happy you found time to unbox the nice statues!!
Thanks..
Adding more lights would be difficult, but possible. In person, the display looks brighter than the photo's suggest.
Since i play video-games and watch movies in this room, i didn't want it to be too bright.

I'm still thinking the background over. Mirrors might add depth. I don't want black, white is an option or maybe silver? ..one thing is for sure, my white cloth backdrop did work quite as planned. There is always the option of changing the backgroud cloth, as it hangs on a poll. Maybe black could be an option after all?
ukshaun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2019, 03:34 AM   #322
punisher2000
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

if possible use mirrors to get a more 360 view at the statues!!!!
punisher2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2019, 03:41 AM   #323
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by punisher2000 View Post
if possible use mirrors to get a more 360 view at the statues!!!!
There is that.
There might be internal reflections happening. The result might end up looking like the effect when you place 2 mirror's opposite one another
Dark mirrors might look cool

One thing that is bothering me are the 2 horizontal (cloth covered) bars.
These can be removed. I put them there as i had a spare shelf, and i had thoughts they might come in handy to hang art-prints on. This failed to happen, and i found a way to hang an art print off of the upper shelf using a metal ceiling clip.

Perspex mirrors might be the way to go, as they are light-weight compared to glass, lower cost.

Picture taken on 25th October 2019
The cinema seat no.4 originates from the Odeon Leicester Square, London
Old 10-26-2019, 04:19 AM   #324
House
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
Finally, yesterday I found the time and energy required to un_box 22 statues.
(i un_boxed 25 statues, 3 failed to make it into the display due to lack of space)

Two shelves, eleven statues per shelf. It wasn’t the first time the statues had been unboxed. They were boxed up while I sorted out the metal shelves pictured (see page 28 of this thread if you are interested in that sort of thing).
22 Statues unboxed and arranged in 1 day! Sounds like a lot of work. Arranging and setting things up things the way you want them.. To me feels rewarding. Your work setting up the shelves is paying off

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
There is that.
There might be internal reflections happening. The result might end up looking like the effect when you place 2 mirror's opposite one another
Dark mirrors might look cool

One thing that is bothering me are the 2 horizontal (cloth covered) bars.
These can be removed. I put them there as i had a spare shelf, and i had thoughts they might come in handy to hang art-prints on. This failed to happen, and i found a way to hang an art print off of the upper shelf using a metal ceiling clip.

Perspex mirrors might be the way to go, as they are light-weight compared to glass, lower cost.
A Mirrored back might look good, i have been debating using something to make the backs of my cases mirrored. However, I am wondering how much the light would "bounce" back. Making things even brighter. For now i opted on some to use powered rotating lazy susans.
House is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2019, 05:48 AM   #325
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by House View Post
22 Statues unboxed and arranged in 1 day! Sounds like a lot of work. Arranging and setting things up things the way you want them.. To me feels rewarding. Your work setting up the shelves is paying off

A Mirrored back might look good, i have been debating using something to make the backs of my cases mirrored. However, I am wondering how much the light would "bounce" back. Making things even brighter. For now i opted on some to use powered rotating lazy susans.
I was limited to 1 day, as i needed to get the boxes stored away, as space is tight. I had the advantage of knowing how the pieces went together.

Powered rotating lazy Susan's sounds good. They don't come cheap and my arrangement is mm tight, and few pieces, if any could rotate without hitting the sides or another piece.
Old 10-28-2019, 01:36 PM   #326
ukshaun
Hercules

Display Update..

Sideshow - Rogue Maquette

Fixed Rogue's belt, which was undone. If it comes undone again, i'll have to looking into using glue.

Sideshow - Aspen PF

Re positioned Aspen's waist belt, so that the shell's hang on her left hip.

XM Studios - Ms. Marvel + Sideshow - Captain Marvel EX PF

I found away to Squeeze Ms. Marvel next to Captain Marvel, taking the upper shelf count to 12 pieces.

Captain Marvel comic issue #

Gone is the metal hanger, which looked too wide. I used 2x 'S' clips to hang an Issue of Captain Marvel on.

Note: Ignore the darkness of some photo's as this happens when zooming in. In reality, the display looks brighter.
Old 10-28-2019, 02:13 PM   #327
ukshaun
Hercules

Weta - Ghost In The Shell - The Major

Today i set up the Major from Ghost in the Shell by Weta
Ideally i need to obtain a perspex cover to keep the dust out.

Behind the Major hangs an original IMAX mini promo poster.

Note: The 5th shot has had some Photoshop work applied to it.

On the same wall as the Major hangs an oil painting of Harely Quinn by painter Peter Humphreys

Further along hangs a face cast of Anne Hatherway/Catwoman, made during the making of The Dark Knight Rises (this is a copy taken from the original).
I wanted to add a pair of Catwoman goggles, but i could only find one pair of decent looking goggles,
and these have long sold out. In the meantime i opted for a leather eye mask based on the goggle design.
Old 10-29-2019, 07:37 AM   #328
ukshaun
Hercules

Neca Cult Classics - House of a 1000 Corpses - Captain Spaulding 7" Figure (Series 1)

R.I.P.
Today i discovered actor Sid Haig, who played Captain Spaulding in Rob Zombie's House of 1000
Corpses, passed away last month on Saturday September 21st aged 80. Sad sad news..

Many years ago i picked up a 7" figure of Captain Spaulding sporting a Hot Dog T-shirt. I never
kept the box, and possibly have the accessories stored somewhere?
Needless to say, i was blissfully unaware of the existence of 1/4 statues.

Wouldn't it be great if Sideshow Collectibles released a 1/4 scale Captain Spaulding
Old 10-30-2019, 09:38 AM   #329
jkno4u
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

I like that GITS statue, congrats! I know there are people who didn't like the movie, but I do.
jkno4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2019, 10:05 AM   #330
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkno4u View Post
I like that GITS statue, congrats! I know there are people who didn't like the movie, but I do.
Weta did good

I liked the live action movie. Story-wise it offered nothing new, although it made the story simpler to understand, compared to the animated Manga. GITS was never going to appeal to the masses.