Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedDog View Post

ah..
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2022, 10:35 AM   #82
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

Ill probably see this...debating on seeing it in theatres or D+, but overall im still not that hyped based on the latest trailer. Thor just gets more goofy all the time in the MCU, I wish they'd make him more serious especially with everything hes gone through
Quicksilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2022, 10:48 AM   #83
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicksilver View Post
Ill probably see this...debating on seeing it in theatres or D+, but overall im still not that hyped based on the latest trailer. Thor just gets more goofy all the time in the MCU, I wish they'd make him more serious especially with everything hes gone through
His scene with Rocket in Infinity War is still my favorite Thor moment. The character seems to exist in two worlds, one of whacky hijinks and the other of devastating loss.

*Gorr skewers Zeus with the Necro Sword*

Korg: "Ouch, that's gonna leave a mark!"

*Cue laugh track and then Metallica's "Fade to Black" as the screen desaturates as Gorr butchers Apollo, Ares, Athena, and the rest of the Greeks*

I'm joking, but part of me wouldn't be overly surprised if something similar happens.
Augen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2022, 11:12 AM   #84
SONICobra
Batman

still dont love the look of gorr, maybe they were afraid of him looking too much like voldemort. i just hope he is a true evil force of nature
SONICobra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2022, 04:17 PM   #85
ParisDean
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
His scene with Rocket in Infinity War is still my favorite Thor moment. The character seems to exist in two worlds, one of whacky hijinks and the other of devastating loss.
I agree, that was a wonderfully written scene.
ParisDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2022, 02:23 PM   #86
Demona
Martian Manhunter

I’m going to see this in theatres to keep my original MCU viewings intact, but I really have a bad feeling about it. I hope I’m wrong, but I didn’t love Ragnarok either. I love Blanchett but hated the forced Hulk comedy crap.
Demona is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2022, 02:32 PM   #87
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
I?m going to see this in theatres to keep my original MCU viewings intact, but I really have a bad feeling about it. I hope I?m wrong, but I didn?t love Ragnarok either. I love Blanchett but hated the forced Hulk comedy crap.
Old 07-05-2022, 02:34 PM   #88
generalzodlives
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

From the little I've read about it, it sounds like the forced comedy is still a big part of the film like Ragnarok--which is unfortunate because I'm not a fan of Thor being a comedic character.
generalzodlives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2022, 02:37 PM   #89
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

I must agree with Demona, i have a really bad feeling about the film as well. I liked Thor Ragnerok though. Even if i don't remember most of the film... HA HA ! Marvel films... After like 30 films, and most of them are just copy past of each other, i don't know what i remember from them... I don't remember the Thor & Rocket scenes in Infinity War. There isn't much worth remebering about Marvel Films anyway. Just eat your popcorn while super heroes brainlessly punch each other in the action flick. That is all there is to Marvel Films.
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2022, 03:04 PM   #90
SONICobra
Batman

to be honest marvel has not been in my favor lately, the marvel formula and use of green screen has become incredibly static to me. after seeing top gun i thought about dr strange and liked it even less than i already did. disney is playing to the mainstream audience right now and what they think they want, its getting pretty damn boring if im honest. that goes double for their disney+ shows as well, falcon and winter soldier was decent but every other entry has felt pretty watered down imo