Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 04-05-2016, 09:01 PM   #121
foots
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopCultureShock View Post
The He-Man / BC combo sold out, but sales of the individual pieces didnt do well.

Combine that with factory costs coming in way higher than expected and a lot of other MOTU pieces being released, and I just dont feel confident about Skeletor and Panthor selling at the price they would need to be.

It doesn't matter that two "other" (more expensive) Skeletors are being made for every one "other" He-Man?
foots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 09:30 PM   #122
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopCultureShock View Post
The He-Man / BC combo sold out, but sales of the individual pieces didnt do well.

Combine that with factory costs coming in way higher than expected and a lot of other MOTU pieces being released, and I just dont feel confident about Skeletor and Panthor selling at the price they would need to be.
I understand. You gotta follow YOUR mind and YOUR heart when it comes to YOUR business.

We're just here trying to get what we want and let you know what we think we would do.

Your realistic line came at a bad time, Sideshow stepped on your toes a bit, the PO was delayed so the hype cooled before the order, Sideshow has woke up showing 3 statues and talking of a line and Prime 1 is announcing 1/3s and people's favorite licenses like it was a checklist.

We all wanted a Battle-Cat and to get a He-Man that would match a lot of people went for the combo. Now there is nothing wrong or incorrect about PCS's realistic He-Man but I would not have bought him on his own. Just wasn't a He-Man rendition for me. People that just wanted Battle-Cat held off hoping for a Filmation especially at the combo price.

Point here IS the final product would determine the sales especially for this not the usual character popularity. People loved Sideshow's look for Skeletor so from my perspective this would have to evoke a similar response. No matter who here says what it being Skeletor and Panthor isn't enough to get the sales you want. It would really have to light up people's imaginations.

I guess some kind of work has been done on this. Maybe post the design sketches and see what kind of reaction you get? I know you probably don't want to do something like that but I dunno maybe it would help one way or another?
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 09:55 PM   #123
Ranz
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

I'd love to see design sketches
Ranz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 09:57 PM   #124
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Please Jerry a filmation battle cat! He will do well for sure because he's most popular by far. If anyone collects that line they will need this for he man.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 10:44 PM   #125
BDoggWhite
Birdman

Maybe sell Skeletor and Panthor as a combo only?
BDoggWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 02:03 AM   #126
bObA_fEtt_Ox
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDoggWhite View Post
Maybe sell Skeletor and Panthor as a combo only?
I think it is the best way to sell them.
Since Jerry said the combo has been sold well but individually not.
Maybe making a few less, increasing the price a bit and only sell them as a combo would be the best way.

But that way I am sure it will sell very very well !
bObA_fEtt_Ox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 04:27 AM   #127
Juanxo82
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Jerry, skeletor mixed is possible ???
Juanxo82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 06:17 AM   #128
bObA_fEtt_Ox
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by foots View Post
It doesn't matter that two "other" (more expensive) Skeletors are being made for every one "other" He-Man?
I am not sure to understand what you are saying buddy because actually they actually made one Filmation He-man and one Filmation skeletor, one life size He-man bust and one life size Skeletor bust.
To be complete the Skeletor panthor combo is missing.
Old 04-06-2016, 07:35 AM   #129
bonedaddy77
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

There has to be some way to get this green lighted to be made. I'm ready to put down a deposit.
bonedaddy77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 08:06 AM   #130
bObA_fEtt_Ox
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonedaddy77 View Post
There has to be some way to get this green lighted to be made. I'm ready to put down a deposit.
same here !
Even readty to pay in full !