Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 05-27-2020, 01:24 AM   #771
built2shred
Phoenix

I don't know what's up with Photobucket, every time I post a picture it says it's unavailable.... ugh!!!!

I had the issue with the hair, it kept popping up even after I removed the felt inside, I ended up putting a few small magnets in the back of his head so it would push the hair down in front. Now it looks great… The pictures were before I put the magnets in... I'll post some new ones tomorrow
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Xmen03.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	310.6 KB
ID:	130652  
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 02:33 AM   #772
built2shred
Phoenix

Here is a picture with the fixed hair
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Cyclops.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	290.1 KB
ID:	130655  
Old 05-27-2020, 05:10 AM   #773
Mooste
The Avengers

-nvm-
Mooste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 06:55 AM   #774
Armored_Berserk
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post

I don't know what's up with Photobucket, every time I post a picture it says it's unavailable.... ugh!!!!

I had the issue with the hair, it kept popping up even after I removed the felt inside, I ended up putting a few small magnets in the back of his head so it would push the hair down in front. Now it looks great… The pictures were before I put the magnets in... I'll post some new ones tomorrow
Yeah photobcuket has become a pain in the ass, slow and pics are missing... I unsubscribe.

Can you show where did you put the magnets (and where did you buy them) please?
Armored_Berserk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 08:45 AM   #775
Tempest
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkilledButton View Post
LR44

I grabbed a bunch of them on Amazon super cheap, came in a day after ordering.
Thanks!
Tempest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 11:03 AM   #776
moyiori
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:

That's a sweet display man, congrats ! Everything seems to be flowing nicely. Do you have enough room for everyone else there ?
moyiori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 11:21 AM   #777
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armored_Berserk View Post
Yeah photobcuket has become a pain in the ass, slow and pics are missing... I unsubscribe.

Can you show where did you put the magnets (and where did you buy them) please?
The hair goes on the head with a small magnet in the back of his head, I just added a few small magnets on top of that one so it would push the hair down in front. I'll post some pictures later tonight.

I bought the magnets a long time ago on eBay, I just happen to find them in my drawer when I was looking for the scissors...

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyiori View Post
That's a sweet display man, congrats ! Everything seems to be flowing nicely. Do you have enough room for everyone else there ?
I have enough room for 2 more if their bases are small enough... I was going to try to squeeze colossus in there but I'm not 100% sure he will fit, his base looks pretty big... I have two more shelves below the one the X-Men are on now, so I have plenty of room to expend that way...
Old 05-28-2020, 07:08 AM   #778
SkilledButton
Nightwing

Quote:
I have enough room for 2 more if their bases are small enough... I was going to try to squeeze colossus in there but I'm not 100% sure he will fit, his base looks pretty big... I have two more shelves below the one the X-Men are on now, so I have plenty of room to expend that way...
Which case is that you are using, if you don't mind me asking I'm looking into getting some nice cases for my collection, something that will hopefully fit at least a few of my soon-to-purchase statues without having to upgrade or buy another very quickly down the road.

Great lineup btw, really love the pieces you collected here. Looks great!
SkilledButton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 11:01 AM   #779
Mepaphoros
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Quote:
The hair goes on the head with a small magnet in the back of his head, I just added a few small magnets on top of that one so it would push the hair down in front. I'll post some pictures later tonight.

I bought the magnets a long time ago on eBay, I just happen to find them in my drawer when I was looking for the scissors...

Looks great man! Just take X-23 out for Colossus and you have the best X-Men display out there.
Mepaphoros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 11:01 AM   #780
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkilledButton View Post
Which case is that you are using, if you don't mind me asking I'm looking into getting some nice cases for my collection, something that will hopefully fit at least a few of my soon-to-purchase statues without having to upgrade or buy another very quickly down the road.

Great lineup btw, really love the pieces you collected here. Looks great!
It was a custom-made case I had made for my guest room.. This is an old picture of it...