Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 09-08-2018, 12:18 PM   #41
haljordan99
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
To be honest I would rather seem him on a street surface then running on the treadmill....
Same. I’m not a huge fan of the Rebirth costume either. I’ll wait for Tweeterhead’s.
haljordan99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2018, 12:37 PM   #42
Master Pizza
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by haljordan99 View Post
Same. I’m not a huge fan of the Rebirth costume either. I’ll wait for Tweeterhead’s.
Good idea.
Master Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2018, 01:40 PM   #43
built2shred
Phoenix

I also think they need to paint the lighting coming off his body more like a bright white or something, lighting isn't gold...

I get they want use the treadmill as a story piece saying the Flash is time traveling but a Desert road with some cactus on the side that are bending in the directing he's running would work better for a statue IMO.. maybe a little humor with a road runner being blown off his feet on the side of the road...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2018, 10:42 PM   #44
pdenham
Teen Titans

Love the colors, and even the concept- but also not a fan of the rebirth costume.

Still, it has more than enough impact to make it desirable to me.

If it were a classic silver/bronze age costume, I would probably shove other stuff aside to get it next year.

I won't be passing on it because of Tweeterhead though. TBH, I'm not all that impressed with their conceptual work.
A whole lot of it is, frankly, pretty low rent.
Batman with one knee up on another gargoyle.
Superman is a direct swipe from the SS PF complete with the Donner style Fortress base.
Robin is simply the same exact Batman pose, cocked arm and all, mirrored.

They are simple and comparatively affordable- both of which can be assets. But in terms of eye catching creativity, the XM stuff is blowing them out of the water.
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 04:01 PM   #45
Dred17
Frackin!

Thats why I'm looking at these with more interest as other brands just have basic boring bases.
Dred17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 04:19 PM   #46
Commander0Zero
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdenham View Post
Love the colors, and even the concept- but also not a fan of the rebirth costume.

Still, it has more than enough impact to make it desirable to me.

If it were a classic silver/bronze age costume, I would probably shove other stuff aside to get it next year.

I won't be passing on it because of Tweeterhead though. TBH, I'm not all that impressed with their conceptual work.
A whole lot of it is, frankly, pretty low rent.
Batman with one knee up on another gargoyle.
Superman is a direct swipe from the SS PF complete with the Donner style Fortress base.
Robin is simply the same exact Batman pose, cocked arm and all, mirrored.

They are simple and comparatively affordable- both of which can be assets. But in terms of eye catching creativity, the XM stuff is blowing them out of the water.
While you certainly are entitled to your own opinion, "low rent" is far from whats going on over at Tweeterhead. I own the Harley Quinn and their original Lynda Carter Wonder Women. Both are exceptional pieces. And what I laid my eyes on at SDCC in no way whatsoever comes off as inferior to these XM DC products. My opinion on it is they just offer something different that can co-exsist in any collection. That said this weekend cooled me a bit to the 1/6th XM DC line whereas SDCC 2018 showing of Tweeterhead had me more excited than ever to pick every piece up in that collection.
Commander0Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 05:22 PM   #47
built2shred
Phoenix

Ultimately it comes down to preference, XM's are more up to date with the Rebirth where as Tweeterhead is focusing on the 80's cartoon/comics

I actually like both... Although I do lean more towards XM's more realistic take on the characters... but that's just personal preference..

IF SS WW comes out looking fairly close to the prototype then I'll be buying that one also... can't wait to see in hand pictures of it..
Old 09-09-2018, 05:28 PM   #48
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander0Zero View Post
That said this weekend cooled me a bit to the 1/6th XM DC line whereas SDCC 2018 showing of Tweeterhead had me more excited than ever to pick every piece up in that collection.
I’m in the same boat, and it’s the XM portraits that I find disappointing. Wonder Woman looks pouty, and both Superman and Aquaman (short hair) are expressionless.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 05:57 PM   #49
Master Pizza
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
I’m in the same boat, and it’s the XM portraits that I find disappointing. Wonder Woman looks pouty, and both Superman and Aquaman (short hair) are expressionless.
Master Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 01:54 AM   #50
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
If you look at SS WW it's pretty much expressionless also... it's just she has a really cute face but that kind of has a double edge sword as it makes her look less Amazonian... I picture Amazonians looking fierce, I really don't see that in SS new WW (I saw it in the old PF).. What I see in this new WW PF is a lot of sexy...