Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 12-14-2018, 09:37 PM   #31
Colossal
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

Stunning (both visually and conceptually), surprisingly emotional in a fair few parts, beautiful and once you let go of nostalgia, it may be one of the best Spider-man/superhero movies ever made - the hype is real, just as long as you can accept this is a Spider-man story and not a Peter Parker story!
Colossal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2018, 12:09 AM   #32
Meteor Man
Imperial Guardsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
I think I might see this next weekend bc I want to see the animated on the big screen. My giant 4K TV just isn’t enough lol
I'll definitely be seeing it in the theatre. I love seeing movies on the big screen!
Meteor Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 06:05 PM   #33
Gruson
Suicide Squad

I was wrong. Saw it today and it was fantastic! Much better than previews. Lot of fun and action. Loved it.
Gruson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 01:51 AM   #34
ParisDean
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colossal View Post
Stunning (both visually and conceptually), surprisingly emotional in a fair few parts, beautiful and once you let go of nostalgia, it may be one of the best Spider-man/superhero movies ever made - the hype is real, just as long as you can accept this is a Spider-man story and not a Peter Parker story!
I agree with everything you said. Based on the trailers and even the extended preview at the end of Venom, I wasn’t excited to see this movie. But the animation is exceptional—Academy award nominated for sure. I was also surprised at how emotionally taxing it was for me. There were many heartfelt scenes that left me teary. Finally, the post-credits scene was hilarious. Best Spider-Man film to date.
ParisDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 07:33 PM   #35
Meteor Man
Imperial Guardsman

This movie was a lot of fun! My son and I really enjoyed it! It's obviously multi-verse stuff, but it was handled with an exceptional hand. More spoiler discussion when that starts being allowed for this one, but it was excellent on the big screen and is definitely blu ray worthy in my opinion.
Meteor Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2018, 08:25 PM   #36
statman
Baron Zemo

OK, so I saw this movie today and thought it was really good. My only gripe was with the animation. I know most people say they loved the animation style, and I didn't hate it, but there were a few style choices that I'm not to fond of. I didn't care for the "comic dot" texture prevalent throughout the film, and I really didn't like the weird cyan & magenta, almost 3D (sans glasses) artifacts throughout. I get what they were trying to do with the dots, but the other thing was just odd. At times, I felt like I was watching the 3D version of the movie without the glasses. I just wish the CG animation was a little more traditional, like a Pixar movie.

Oh, and I hated the character design of the Kingpin.

Spoiler

I thought "Liv" Octavius' design was great though!
statman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2018, 08:46 PM   #37
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnclone View Post
Worst idea ever for a Spiderman film?
People love this movie, btw.
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 07:14 AM   #38
johnclone
The Enchantress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothamite View Post
People love this movie, btw.
I'm glad that a lot of the people that went to see it liked it. I'm sure that I like things that some of you would not, no harm in having different opinions.
johnclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 12:08 AM   #39
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Just saw this and thought it was tons of fun. Not my Spider-Man, but that’s okay. Fast paced, emotional, funny, engaging. Just lots of fun!
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 12:10 AM   #40
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by wktf View Post
Just saw this and thought it was tons of fun. Not my Spider-Man, but that’s okay. Fast paced, emotional, funny, engaging. Just lots of fun!
Remember this post?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wktf View Post
The fact that it originated in comics doesn’t mean it’s still not a terrible idea for a film, or for comics for that matter.
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote