Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 06-11-2015, 11:26 AM   #121
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
The reason Superior Spider-man worked was Peter Parker was still there.
Fact or opinion? So there's no way it worked because it's just a good story that people liked? Is that not possible? If you've never read it you don't know. Sales are hard to judge by since comic readers will support a book they hate just because they like the character or don't want a hole in their precious runs, but enduring characters have critical acclaim. That's why after Superior Spider-Man was over that character had a large role in Spider-Verse, because people wanted more of that version of the character (Spider-Verse is also regarded as a good story). That's why Miles Morales is joining the regular Marvel Universe during Secret Wars. The Ultimate Universe is dead so they certainly had an out with him, but people actually like Miles so Marvel is sparing him. Despite vocal people who never read those stories, those characters have built up fans by having good stories. In Miles' case, you're only going to see more of him so get used to it.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 11:48 AM   #122
Bmutha
I like to make what's yours mine.

I haven't read all of the previous posts, but I saw mention of superior spider-man...all I have to say is that superior Spidey was BOSS!
Bmutha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 11:50 AM   #123
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

I guess its a fact since infact Peter Parker was still involved in the story that was Superior Spider-man. I have not read Ultimate Spider-man so i have no comment on Miles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
Fact or opinion? So there's no way it worked because it's just a good story that people liked? Is that not possible? If you've never read it you don't know. Sales are hard to judge by since comic readers will support a book they hate just because they like the character or don't want a hole in their precious runs, but enduring characters have critical acclaim. That's why after Superior Spider-Man was over that character had a large role in Spider-Verse, because people wanted more of that version of the character (Spider-Verse is also regarded as a good story). That's why Miles Morales is joining the regular Marvel Universe during Secret Wars. The Ultimate Universe is dead so they certainly had an out with him, but people actually like Miles so Marvel is sparing him. Despite vocal people who never read those stories, those characters have built up fans by having good stories. In Miles' case, you're only going to see more of him so get used to it.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 11:51 AM   #124
adee
Green Arrow

I think the Symbiote just appeals to a larger audience than Superior.
adee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 11:52 AM   #125
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Symbiote is linked to the whole Venom Saga so have a long time following. Given time I think Superior will fall into the same bracket. I certainly would not mind a Superior Spider-man 1/4 scale.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 04:47 PM   #126
Dragoncurry
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
I guess its a fact since infact Peter Parker was still involved in the story that was Superior Spider-man. I have not read Ultimate Spider-man so i have no comment on Miles.
He was really minor for so much of it though that I doubt he could have made the story enjoyable lol.
Dragoncurry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 12:13 AM   #127
Mike_Fun_Spot
Frackin!

Is this something that won't be available for a while? I know I can pre order the classic costume for this pf, but how long of a wait is something like this usually from when the original comes out?
Mike_Fun_Spot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 12:39 PM   #128
XGAMER
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

XGAMER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 12:55 PM   #129
Mr. Nice Guy
New Republic

I liked the Superior Spider-Man. I would have liked to see that continue for longer. My favourite arcs always seem to be when I get more insight into the villains such as Dark Avengers (best!), thunderbolts, forever evil, etc..

I stopped with the ultimate series when Peter got taken down and on reflection some of the story lines seem a little bit juvenile.

I find rebooting a reboot with an all new Spider-Man is exhausting and frankly made me feel like I had wasted my time and money on the series.
Mr. Nice Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 12:56 PM   #130
AlbertR213
Sailor Moon

It shouldn't be too long since it's officially coming soon now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_Fun_Spot View Post
Is this something that won't be available for a while? I know I can pre order the classic costume for this pf, but how long of a wait is something like this usually from when the original comes out?
AlbertR213 is offline   Reply With Quote