Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 07-25-2007, 09:23 PM   #1
Daredevil
Man Without Fear

The Watchmen movie has finished its major castings!!

From Newsrama:
"According to both of today’s Hollywood trades, the long-awaited big-screen adaptation of Alan Moore and Dave Gibbons Watchman has the first additions to its cast, and they are Patrick Wilson, Jackie Earle Haley, Matthew Goode, Billy Crudup, Jeffrey Dean Morgan, and Malin Akerman. Zack Snyder 300 directs.

According to the Hollywood Reporter, "Set in an alternate America, 'Watchmen' follows costumed hero Rorschach, who is living a vigilante lifestyle because most masked heroes have retired or been outlawed. While investigating a murder, Rorschach learns that a former masked-hero colleague has been killed, prompting him to begin investigating a possible conspiracy."

Haley - best known for this roles as a teen in Breaking Away and The Bad News Bears before mounting a comeback with his Oscar-nominated role in Little Children will play Walter Kovacs, aka Rorschach, "who ignores the ban on costumed vigilantes."

Crudup (Almost Famous, long-time voice of the Mastercard “Priceless” commercials) will play Dr. Manhattan, "a superpowered being with godlike powers and temperament."

Akerman will play Laurie Juspeczyk/the Silk Spectre, "who is involved with Dr. Manhattan -- but that relationship begins to fall apart as he becomes more disconnected from humanity."

Goode will play Adrian Veidt/Ozymandias, "a costumed adventurer who retired voluntarily, disclosed his identity and built a large fortune. He hatches a plot to avert a global catastrophe he believes will be caused by Dr. Manhattan."

Wilson will play the Nite-Owl, "a crime-fighter who uses technical wizardry and has an owl-shaped flying vehicle."

Morgan will play the Comedian, "a cigar-chomping, gun-toting vigilante-turned-paramilitary agent."

Shooting is set to start this fall in Vancouver, with Snyder reportedly employing many of the filming techniques he used for his adaptation of 300."
Daredevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 09:23 PM   #2
Daredevil
Man Without Fear

I shall leave it up to you guys to come up with each actor's pictures along with the their "alteregos"
Daredevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 09:29 PM   #3
Babytoxie
Ghost

Haley as Rorschach - good choice, I can see it.
Babytoxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 10:37 PM   #4
Ink
My Better Is Better Than Your Better

sweet
Ink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 12:37 PM   #5
whd
Suicide Squad

I don't recognize most of these names, with the exception of Billy Crudup from Almost Famous and Big Fish, and Jeffrey Dean Morgan who I believe plays the dad in Supernatural.

I'm both dreading and anticipating this movie at the same time. I want to see it, but it will never be as good as I desperately want it to be.
whd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 12:54 PM   #6
cma3
Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change

Quote:
Originally Posted by whd View Post
I don't recognize most of these names, with the exception of Billy Crudup from Almost Famous and Big Fish, and Jeffrey Dean Morgan who I believe plays the dad in Supernatural.

I'm both dreading and anticipating this movie at the same time.
I want to see it, but it will never be as good as I desperately want it to be.
me too. but it is very interesting. ive got my feelers out for the screenplay/script. i am a bit torn about this being made into a movie, only because it is so hard to translate into film. nevertheless, i like the cast, so far, and i have faith in Snyder.
cma3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 01:07 PM   #7
tarim69
Sailor Moon

Im really worried with some of that casting. Its been a long time since I read Watchmen, but Ackerman looks in her early 20s, Spectre should be in late 30s.. no? Nite Owl in 40s,Comedian in his 50s?, They look to be casting too young.
tarim69 is offline   Reply With Quote