Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 01-17-2013, 10:15 PM   #1891
s_paulik87
Green Lantern Corps

Jerry, with the new business motto are you going to make it like the SOTA site?

I noticed SOTA doesn't sell through Sideshow either. Funny that SOTA (your old company) and PCS are my favorites in the business right now! Going back through the PCS street fighter series right now and trying to get some of my favorites and it is really exciting.

I wasn't even into collecting statues until I saw the Sagat statue, and for that I have to thank you Jerry and PCS for introducing this hobby into my life, you got yourself a lifetime customer here. I wish nothing but MAJOR SUCCESS to PCS as a company and to you Jerry.
s_paulik87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 10:19 PM   #1892
OuttaSight
Savage Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by s_paulik87 View Post
Jerry, with the new business motto are you going to make it like the SOTA site? I noticed SOTA doesn't sell through Sideshow either. Funny that SOTA (your old company) and PCS are my favorites in the business right now!
I havent looked at the SOTA site in ages...have no idea what they are doing now.

So they only sell direct off their website ?
OuttaSight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 10:23 PM   #1893
s_paulik87
Green Lantern Corps

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopCultureShock View Post
I havent looked at the SOTA site in ages...have no idea what they are doing now.

So they only sell direct off their website ?
Not sure if they only sell direct, but I know when I bought the Oni statue from them it was not on Sideshow whatsoever. They might do sideshow exclusives with certain lines but I couldn't tell you which ones. Do you still talk/know any of the guys over at Sota? Sorry if it is a sensitive subject I do not know much of the history behind it, just from Mark's video interviews and I'm not trying to offend anyone =)
s_paulik87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 10:34 PM   #1894
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Not sure if they only sell direct, but I know when I bought the Oni statue from them it was not on Sideshow whatsoever. They might do sideshow exclusives with certain lines but I couldn't tell you which ones. Do you still talk/know any of the guys over at Sota? Sorry if it is a sensitive subject I do not know much of the history behind it, just from Mark's video interviews and I'm not trying to offend anyone =)
They probably go through retailers, Sideshow is not the end all. They're like a distributor as opposed to a retailer :<
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 10:40 PM   #1895
OuttaSight
Savage Dragon

Quote:
Not a sore subject but without getting too far into contractual things , now that Im not selling through Sideshow you may see more SOTA there.

I dont know anyone there. When i sold the company it was all handled by lawyers. I met the new owners once for like 20 minutes.

They were kind of rude to me in a later interview but whatever.
Old 01-17-2013, 10:58 PM   #1896
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopCultureShock View Post
Not a sore subject but without getting too far into contractual things , now that Im not selling through Sideshow you may see more SOTA there.

I dont know anyone there. When i sold the company it was all handled by lawyers. I met the new owners once for like 20 minutes.

They were kind of rude to me in a later interview but whatever.

What's sota?
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 11:15 PM   #1897
dao2
Cyclops

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=sota+statues
Old 01-17-2013, 11:19 PM   #1898
OuttaSight
Savage Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by dao2 View Post
I hadnt looked at that wiki in years....funny they had all reference to me deleted.
Old 01-17-2013, 11:22 PM   #1899
dao2
Cyclops

Harsh >< But it's been a while right? Was there bad blood or something?
Old 01-18-2013, 04:53 AM   #1900
SARFARAZ
I like Chicken Wings
Super Moderator

Let them delete your name. Who cares. At least they'll never be able to take your name of the back of the round 1-4 street fighter (sota's greatest work) blisters, ey Jerry?