Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > eFX, HCG & CM

Old 04-23-2015, 04:55 AM   #611
Max Shreck
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

I love that setup on Nick's pictures! Wow, amazing pieces! Marcus looks beautiful as well!
Max Shreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 04:27 PM   #612
FROBAY
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vader View Post
the interior part of the head on the Rosenberg bust looks a bit small.
The bust looks very small.
FROBAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 04:48 PM   #613
Ricky Bobby
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

It just looks smaller because its next to the Lycan bust
Ricky Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 05:33 PM   #614
azurepred
Zot

well the Reaper is based off a human, and looking at the two, the MIB even looks small compared to that one, even with the 2in riser. It still looks cool, but I'm glad I didn't get my order in for it. It just doesn't look like it's worth the dough to me.
azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 06:01 PM   #615
Vader
Ghost

marcus looks better to me. When you look at the images of the original prop, the bust seems to be missing some of the levers and the interior gears look a little different.
Vader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 06:05 PM   #616
Viper245
Crime Syndicate

I think people are assuming size is the main factor that determines the cost of these busts. The Rosenberg bust does look a bit on the smallish side when comparing it to the Lycan and Reaper bust but consider these points:

> The cockpit of the Rosenberg bust is highly detailed which reqires a lot of tooling and casting at the factory with each individual part painted and assembled inside the cockpit. There is also a light up feature included in the cockpit

> The face of each Rosenbrg bust is constructed of translucent resin and each bust has glass eyes and a hand tied mustache and custom made hair. Plus the suit and ties are all hand made.
(None of these features are present on the Lycan or Reaper bust.)

> There is also engineering expertise and time that went into implementing the hinge and opening face feature on the Rosenberg bust that the other busts don't have.

Based on just these points alone, I think the price of the Rosenberg bust is justified. It's a much more complex bust to engineer and produce than either the Lycan or Reaper busts.
Viper245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 06:29 PM   #617
Vader
Ghost

True. But the Lycan has hair, more size, and more intricate paint.
Old 04-23-2015, 06:31 PM   #618
Vader
Ghost

Isn't the close encounters bust translucent resin?
Old 04-23-2015, 06:36 PM   #619
azurepred
Zot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper245 View Post
I think people are assuming size is the main factor that determines the cost of these busts. The Rosenberg bust does look a bit on the smallish side when comparing it to the Lycan and Reaper bust but consider these points:

> The cockpit of the Rosenberg bust is highly detailed which reqires a lot of tooling and casting at the factory with each individual part painted and assembled inside the cockpit. There is also a light up feature included in the cockpit

> The face of each Rosenbrg bust is constructed of translucent resin and each bust has glass eyes and a hand tied mustache and custom made hair. Plus the suit and ties are all hand made.
(None of these features are present on the Lycan or Reaper bust.)

> There is also engineering expertise and time that went into implementing the hinge and opening face feature on the Rosenberg bust that the other busts don't have.

Based on just these points alone, I think the price of the Rosenberg bust is justified. It's a much more complex bust to engineer and produce than either the Lycan or Reaper busts.
nobody is assuming size = price, but for me, it's simply not worth the price for my own reasons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vader View Post
Isn't the close encounters bust translucent resin?
yes
azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 06:53 PM   #620
Viper245
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by azurepred View Post
nobody is assuming size = price, but for me, it's simply not worth the price for my own reasons.
Based on your post below it seemed like you saying it was too small for the price but apparently I was reading too much into it. Doesn't really matter since everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by azurepred View Post
well the Reaper is based off a human, and looking at the two, the MIB even looks small compared to that one, even with the 2in riser. It still looks cool, but I'm glad I didn't get my order in for it. It just doesn't look like it's worth the dough to me.
Viper245 is offline   Reply With Quote