Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > eFX, HCG & CM

Old 04-27-2015, 04:00 PM   #651
azurepred
Zot

oh really? So basically when they get something in stock, unless the item says it's in stock, it's basically already sold out? That's a weird way of doing that. It seems like they made a lot less than 500 Lycans. I have only seen a small amount of ppl get one over 3 forums.
azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 05:35 PM   #652
Ricky Bobby
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

That's pretty much what I was told,because he specifically asked me if i was on the waitlist,of course i said no,and asked if i could get on it...but no luck.I feel a little upset for missing this,so my heart goes out to those on the waitlist who wont be getting one,would of sucked to order this a while ago and miss it.I searched high and dry over the weekend to make my decision to go for one,but like you said i did not see that many online,one or two here or there,along with a half dozen video reviews,i thought for sure there was a decent opportunity to still get one...but i guess production was cut short.Congrats to everyone who has one,there are only 300 made
Ricky Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 05:45 PM   #653
Vader
Ghost

Ricky, I expect they will be available online (ebay) for a little while. Retailers sometimes pick them up and resell them (at least they did with the reaper). So did lose hope for getting it for close to retail.
Vader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 06:01 PM   #654
Ricky Bobby

Cool I will take a look
Old 04-27-2015, 06:09 PM   #655
Viper245
Crime Syndicate

Good luck Ricky on securing a Lycan bust. There is no doubt it's a great looking bust.

It looks like the Rosenberg bust is close to selling out now. It's listed as Limited Stock on Cinemaquette's website. I doubt they are producing all 500 busts.
Viper245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 06:23 PM   #656
azurepred
Zot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky Bobby View Post
That's pretty much what I was told,because he specifically asked me if i was on the waitlist,of course i said no,and asked if i could get on it...but no luck.I feel a little upset for missing this,so my heart goes out to those on the waitlist who wont be getting one,would of sucked to order this a while ago and miss it.I searched high and dry over the weekend to make my decision to go for one,but like you said i did not see that many online,one or two here or there,along with a half dozen video reviews,i thought for sure there was a decent opportunity to still get one...but i guess production was cut short.Congrats to everyone who has one,i guess there are not that many out there
yea, I guess we have learned that if it's a character you really like, even if your not sure you can afford it, put in your order anyways since there is no penalty to cancel cause if you wait until it's close to shipping, it will be too late. In this case, you didn't know anything about the character, but now we all know a little bit better how they work.
Old 04-27-2015, 06:27 PM   #657
Ricky Bobby

Thanks Viper
Old 04-27-2015, 06:33 PM   #658
Ricky Bobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by azurepred View Post
yea, I guess we have learned that if it's a character you really like, even if your not sure you can afford it, put in your order anyways since there is no penalty to cancel cause if you wait until it's close to shipping, it will be too late. In this case, you didn't know anything about the character, but now we all know a little bit better how they work.

Them not having any NRD,or penalties just makes it an easier decision to place an order and go from there
Old 04-27-2015, 07:35 PM   #659
azurepred
Zot

at least you can transfer order with them and make a profit on a lot of them. Because I have a big project in the works, if Marcus comes flawless, my 1/3 Shin Akuma, SZ and Scorpion may have to hit the road.
Old 04-27-2015, 07:59 PM   #660
Vader
Ghost

I was told that they open the item to orders up to a certain date. The number of orders determines the edition size. Once that number is determined, they close the edition with the expectation that certain people will not follow through with their orders. Then when the item is in stock, the pricing on the edition is raised, and any orders not completed are sold at the increased price until the edition is sold out. Typically the edition sizes are very low given that the initial price they are sold at is high. For example, even though the edition of the reaper was set to a maximum number of 500, initial orders could only justify an edition of 300. So the edition was only produced at that number. CM pieces and elite pieces are produced to be sold only to the "elite" collectors. Essentially, those that can and will drop this kind of money on pieces of this nature. It's not catering to the masses but justifies the production on exclusivity and high price. Essentially, the Lamborghini's of statues.
Vader is offline   Reply With Quote