Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 12-19-2017, 02:13 PM   #501
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
But that's how it should be! One of Star Wars's core components is mystery. It's natural to want everything explained but good stories spur more questions than they answer.

Darth Maul was an awesome silent assassin and could have been awesome stalking Anakin into the 2nd movie, even meeting the same demise BUT no amount of exposition or speech was going to be as satisfying as his appearance.

Boba Fett's backstory feels like a forced acquiescence to fan interest. At least Lucas had a great story for Vader's past.

I still say Rey and Kylo could be siblings with Leia and Han as Kylo's parents from a certain point of view.

(that's my agreement by the way, I think Kylo was lying or at least didn't actually know the truth)
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 02:17 PM   #502
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-a-tron View Post

(that's my agreement by the way, I think Kylo was lying or at least didn't actually know the truth)
I don't think he knows either. If they are siblings, hopefully the next movie shatters his entire view of self importance but if so some should brace for the possibility that we will not learn of their true parents, at least from this trilogy.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 02:23 PM   #503
johnclone
The Enchantress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
I'll agree with that sentiment but the shock of how he went out was the highlight of the film for me and one of the most surprising events in the entire Saga. I don't think I'd trade that amazing sequence to have him back as much as I liked him. In a way it's fitting how he met his end. SW is full of amazing characters that meet their demise before being fleshed out.
Greedo, Boba Fett, Jabba, Grievous, ... Dooku... Darth Maul...
johnclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 02:30 PM   #504
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
I don't think he knows either. If they are siblings, hopefully the next movie shatters his entire view of self importance but if so some should brace for the possibility that we will not learn of their true parents, at least from this trilogy.
Well Han and Leia did split at some point...and Rey may be a little younger than Kylo....love child perhaps? There are a ton of different ways they can go about it, including that Rey's parents were actually nobodies but perhaps their lineage was of one of the Jedi's that were slaughtered in the purge.

Tons of ways, makes me excited for the up coming film because it's really wide open.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 02:41 PM   #505
Mister H
Gen 13

Leia and Greedo are Rey's parents. Calling it!
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 02:50 PM   #506
Demona
Martian Manhunter

I don't think Kylo knows Rey's parentage. He was feeding into Rey's fears and inner struggle to make her more likely to join his side.

That being said -- I do NOT want Kylo and Rey related. That would be played out and not a shock. And as far as I can tell, Rian aint all about telling the same-old SW story.

My dream story for Rey is that she is a clone of Anakin that was created by the Empire back in the day. Then Snoke's crew didn't "grow" her until later on. However, before Snoke could manipulate Rey she was stolen and hidden by Luke and whomever was in the grave on Ahch-To. Flash forward to why she has visions and is naturally force strong.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 02:51 PM   #507
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
While I don't necessarily think they're siblings I do think their link can be explained pretty easily as they're both children of The Force. Where there is darkness, there is light and so with Kylo Ren comes Rey to create the balance. I like the idea of Rey coming from nobody of significance. It shows The Force works how it wants too and isn't necessarily tied to lineage. This has already been established with Shmi Skywalker who was the epitome of nobody special before she gave birth to the Chosen One.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnclone View Post
Greedo, Boba Fett, Jabba, Grievous, ... Dooku... Darth Maul...
Exactly. You can look at it two different ways. Lots of missed opportunities or the characters are just so rich you want to see more of them fleshed out. I prefer to see it as the latter and it's one of the biggest reasons I love the SW Universe. Cool thing about the Anthology films is it's an opportunity to revisit some of them in a limited or expansive capacity.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 02:54 PM   #508
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
I'll agree with that sentiment but the shock of how he went out was the highlight of the film for me and one of the most surprising events in the entire Saga. I don't think I'd trade that amazing sequence to have him back as much as I liked him. In a way it's fitting how he met his end. SW is full of amazing characters that meet their demise before being fleshed out.
Completely agree. One of the best parts of the movie and I wouldn't trade it for more exposition of his character. I will always remember the surprising moment of his death. The payoff simply wouldn't be anywhere near as enjoyable if he had been around longer just to get to know him better. Especially when the time came to wrap up the trilogy and he is expected to meet his end.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 03:31 PM   #509
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
I don't think Kylo knows Rey's parentage. He was feeding into Rey's fears and inner struggle to make her more likely to join his side.

That being said -- I do NOT want Kylo and Rey related. That would be played out and not a shock. And as far as I can tell, Rian aint all about telling the same-old SW story.

My dream story for Rey is that she is a clone of Anakin that was created by the Empire back in the day. Then Snoke's crew didn't "grow" her until later on. However, before Snoke could manipulate Rey she was stolen and hidden by Luke and whomever was in the grave on Ahch-To. Flash forward to why she has visions and is naturally force strong.

Well the next movie isn't so much up to Johnson and it is a similar SW story in that it has parenting issues no matter the final outcome.

Quote:
While I don't necessarily think they're siblings I do think their link can be explained pretty easily as they're both children of The Force. Where there is darkness, there is light and so with Kylo Ren comes Rey to create the balance. I like the idea of Rey coming from nobody of significance. It shows The Force works how it wants too and isn't necessarily tied to lineage. This has already been established with Shmi Skywalker who was the epitome of nobody special before she gave birth to the Chosen One.
I think it would be a fitting twist if neither of them came from anyone of significance or at least as of yet unknown significance. Star Wars is always about a special hero but it's nice to be reminded that yes you're special but no more so than anyone else.

I believe the midichlorians are a cornerstone of Star Wars and that they get a bad rap as they're always interpreted more as a cause than an effect which really highlights the endless dichotomy of science and myth that Star Wars is built upon.

People had no problem with a Skywalker bloodline dictating force predisposition but as soon as an scientific explanation was offered there was total backlash that the force wasn't equally available to anyone and everyone. The Last Jedi shows this to be more of an audience assumption than Lucas's intention.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 04:31 PM   #510
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

guys, I think its clear what they are going to do in ep9

Finn is Leia and Lando's love child
Rey is Leia and Luke's love child
Quicksilver is offline   Reply With Quote