Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 07-30-2019, 11:46 AM   #341
Silicon Man
Frackin!

If P1 strikes a deal with Disney for Star Wars/Marvel, do you think that SS will be in serious trouble?

I think that SS would have to lower its prices or do something to dramatically improve its quality

Is SS capable of significantly improving its quality to compete with P1? It seems like they try their best with most pieces. I know that it's largely marketing, but they claim to have "dream teams" on statues. I'm not convinced that they would know how to compete with P1 as far as quality goes
Silicon Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 01:57 PM   #342
Augen
Metal Men

I don't see any of these companies lowering their prices anytime soon.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 02:48 PM   #343
Nugchompa
Captain Marvel

I feel that missing "Prime 1" on the GoT piece was very telling.
Nugchompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 04:05 PM   #344
tenyasha
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silicon Man View Post
If P1 strikes a deal with Disney for Star Wars/Marvel, do you think that SS will be in serious trouble?

I think that SS would have to lower its prices or do something to dramatically improve its quality

Is SS capable of significantly improving its quality to compete with P1? It seems like they try their best with most pieces. I know that it's largely marketing, but they claim to have "dream teams" on statues. I'm not convinced that they would know how to compete with P1 as far as quality goes
Never going to happen sideshow is an american company they have more money. Prime 1 just like Xm are small companies still.
tenyasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 04:08 PM   #345
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

So there was a falling out? SS will no longer carry Prime 1?
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 04:26 PM   #346
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenyasha View Post
Never going to happen sideshow is an american company they have more money. Prime 1 just like Xm are small companies still.

Prime 1 are way bigger than XM already. They are pumping out awesome products at a silly rate. But what they really need to do is step back from that a little and sort out their infrastructure. If they can secure decent shipping rates for more of the world, and set up a decent customer service team. They will no doubt become one of the main players in no time.
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 04:47 PM   #347
GaryTonge
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
Prime 1 are way bigger than XM already. They are pumping out awesome products at a silly rate. But what they really need to do is step back from that a little and sort out their infrastructure. If they can secure decent shipping rates for more of the world, and set up a decent customer service team. They will no doubt become one of the main players in no time.
God, I wish they had the Star Wars license.
GaryTonge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 05:07 PM   #348
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by The General View Post
So there was a falling out? SS will no longer carry Prime 1?
no new P1 products have been put up on SS' site for months, they still have some pieces in stock / on order from before the falling out. no one knows what happened, both companies say their relationship "hasnt changed" which is obviously bs

P1 eventually started offering an economy shipping option for people who would have ordered through SS at a shipping rate about 1/3 of what it would be through them normally

some pieces are still not available to the US though due to licensing restrictions because theyre not being distributed through SS anymore like their transformer pieces. and from what i gather their economy shipping is pretty hit or miss, sometimes you get it in a week sometimes months and their communication seems to leave something to be desired
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 05:10 PM   #349
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
no new P1 products have been put up on SS' site for months, they still have some pieces in stock / on order from before the falling out. no one knows what happened, both companies say their relationship "hasnt changed" which is obviously bs

P1 eventually started offering an economy shipping option for people who would have ordered through SS at a shipping rate about 1/3 of what it would be through them normally

some pieces are still not available to the US though due to licensing restrictions because theyre not being distributed through SS anymore like their transformer pieces. and from what i gather their economy shipping is pretty hit or miss, sometimes you get it in a week sometimes months and their communication seems to leave something to be desired
Well that sucks. So P1's shipping sucks?
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 05:15 PM   #350
SONICobra
Batman

i cant speak from experience but i know nearmint ordered something and didnt hear anything for weeks so he ended up canceling i believe. i watched a review for DKR batman that was shipped economy and the reviewer said he got it in less than a week i think so its a mixed bag
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote