Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Blizzard / Weta

Old 12-18-2022, 08:42 PM   #211
Saulutations
Fantastic Four

In a sense, you did deface it. One of your Superman statues are now the colors seen in the Knightmare scenes.

I ordered the WETA Knightmare Batman so I could pair them next to each other. I'm a big Batman fan and love ZSJL so I wanted a decent size representation of each of these two characters. I am tempted of getting the black suit repainted, after seeing how well your black suit turned out, so it can look more film accurate and have the silver parts pop out a bit. First, I want to see how it looks next the Batman statue before I do so. I'm not sure if I would want a glossy Superman next to a flat Batman. I guess it would technically still work because the Knightmare scenes all look grainy.

After looking at the various statues out, I was awed by how the Superman's cape was engineered to make it look like he's floating. I really got lucky that so many people bailed on this statue because I purchased it after having seen the bad pictures that leaked. I had full intentions of getting a professional to repaint the main portrait. When it arrived I was extremely pleased when I saw it in person. The eyes even have a gloss to them that make them look wet, which don't come across any of the pictures I've seen yet. I may take high resolution pictures in the future.

If you still have that broken/pieced back together Wonder Woman statue, you can have it repainted to look like marble. That way the breaks and cracks look intentional and are sort of reminiscent of old greek statues. Which, for Wonder Woman, is fitting.

If you do get the eyes on one repainted, please share your pictures. I would really be interested in seeing how it would turn out.
Saulutations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2022, 04:47 AM   #212
T1OOO
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

I don't think they would have seen it that way lol. I just drew other it with a marker pen. It is in the Knightmare, it's the BvS suit, that's why I had it done. I have the MoS suit and the ZSJL and now (soon) I have BvS too.

I ended up going for the Queen Studios Knightmare Batman. I can put the black suit statue by some of my other statues to compare if it helps. Most of the Sideshow pieces are fairly flat looking by comparison. I do wonder how the Blue/Red suit is going to look with the rest. They are in my living room and the lighting is very subdued though, I will see

I do think the sculpt is still slightly too thin and not broad enough but in person, it looks great and it's definitely Cavill.

That's a clever idea with the marble. Unfortunately, I only have so much room plus I threw it in the skip at work lol.

Will do. I'm still waiting on the black suit coming back which should be tomorrow and the Blue/Red is in the box until Christmas day as its a gift from the wife.
T1OOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2022, 12:55 PM   #213
Saulutations
Fantastic Four

That's pretty awesome that you have all three versions now. I'd love to see a picture of them together/side-by-side if you ever get a chance to take one. Your wife is ace in my book for covering the cost of repaint on that piece.

Congratulations on that Knightmare Batman. I saw that Queen Studios' Knightmare Batman and thought it was spot on. I'm looking forward to seeing pictures of it in people's collections. After seeing how great it looked I started thinking to kind of recreating a smaller version of it. I have the Hot Toys 2 pack with Knightmare Batman and Black Suit Superman. It threw me off how Knightmare Batman came with a Flying Fox ramp stand, but understood why they did it. I then saw that they are releasing a Special Edition Tactical Suit Batman with a Parademon stand and thought that the Knightmare Batman would look great on that. I'm wondering if their nameplates are the same size and easy to switch out if I were to ever pull the plug on that. Maybe someone will sell the Parademon stand by itself on eBay in the future because I'm not really interested in the figure, just the stand. Here is a picture of it:

Old 12-19-2022, 03:37 PM   #214
T1OOO

I will do, probably next week. I think the MoS one may pale by comparison now though.

That Parademon base also came with deluxe version of standard JL Batman (MMS456). I have it, I was going to do the same as you but now I have a few Knightmare characters and it doesn't really fit. The plate can't be changed but you could get a custom plate for it. It does only say 'Batman' so it still works.

Here's one on eBay:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/185041200202
Old 12-19-2022, 04:42 PM   #215
Saulutations
Fantastic Four

Thank you for the heads up and the link because I really had no idea that base was reused. I thought it was a new piece. This set is the first, and most likely the only, Hot Toys that I've ever purchased. I just found one of those Parademon bases for a decent price on eBay and placed an order.

I don't mind the plate saying Batman and will keep it as is. i just did not want to end up with a Tactical Suit Batman displayed on a Flying Fox ramp that read "Knightmare Batman". Now I don't have to worry about that. Again, thank you for the heads up.
Old 12-19-2022, 05:53 PM   #216
T1OOO

No worries. I prefer statues but most of my collection is 1/6 scale as there are more options for the characters.
Old 12-26-2022, 06:25 AM   #217
T1OOO

Some more pics of the red and blue now he's on display.

Old 12-27-2022, 04:31 AM   #218
Saulutations
Fantastic Four

That pairing with the Armored Batman looks great, T1000! Nicely done. I'm sure that you get compliments on your setup when people see it in person.
Old 01-11-2023, 07:12 AM   #219
obotobon
Fantastic Four

GameFly has this statue for $499 with $3 US shipping. Also get an additional 5% off using code GAMEFLY05. There may also be cashback rebate using Ebates/Rakuten if you have an account.

https://www.gamefly.com/game/weta-wo...statue/5033743

They also have the Weta Snyderverse Darkseid and Joker at deep discount as well (over 40% off).
obotobon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2023, 07:24 AM   #220
T1OOO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saulutations View Post
That pairing with the Armored Batman looks great, T1000! Nicely done. I'm sure that you get compliments on your setup when people see it in person.
I thought I had responded to this. Thank you! Unfortunately, most that see this stuff wonder why the hell I spend my money on it lol.
I'm getting the red on Superman redone.