Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 07-22-2007, 10:10 AM   #11
rilynil
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by biglebowski9999 View Post
Do not get your hopes about this movie. Jane left because he had no choice. I ran across an interview w/ him when it happened and you could honestly tell that it depressed him to have to leave. He talked about how he has always loved the character, how he has been working out constantly for the last year and eating nothing but tuna to make sure he was in perfect shape. The reason he left? The script that came back for the 2nd movie was THAT bad. There was a script review somewhere, too, and they basically said it was the worst thing they had ever read.

Lionsgate has to get this movie out or the rights will revert back to Marvel. They don't want that to happen so they are going to put out a piece of trash. I have NEVER bad-mouthed a Marvel movie before seeing it, but mark my words...this will be the worst comic book movie since Elektra & Cat Woman.
Yikes. I've never seen a Punisher movie, and it doesn't sound like I'm going to be seeing this next one either.
rilynil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 10:12 AM   #12
patrickwm68
The Flash

Man if it's worse than the first one then it must really be bad.
patrickwm68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 11:08 AM   #13
protector2814
Phoenix

Rome was just a great series. Ray Stevenson had an intensity as a soldier and gladiator that was really somethinig to watch. Trust me, this guy can and will pull off Frank Castle. He's gotta thick british accent that he'll have to work on but other than that I'm psyched for the choice. I liked Tom Jane but he wasn't big enough.
protector2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 11:14 AM   #14
P1X4R
Producer

yeah, too bad. i also liked the Jane Punisher. well, we'll see..
P1X4R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 11:19 AM   #15
cma3
Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change

Quote:
Originally Posted by protector2814 View Post
Rome was just a great series. Ray Stevenson had an intensity as a soldier and gladiator that was really somethinig to watch. Trust me, this guy can and will pull off Frank Castle. He's gotta thick british accent that he'll have to work on but other than that I'm psyched for the choice. I liked Tom Jane but he wasn't big enough.
no doubt. the movie might suck, but Stevenson can act. any doubts can be easily eliminated by watching any episode of Rome. he's arguably the most solid actor in that series.
cma3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 11:21 AM   #16
VaultMan
Advanced Tweet Mechanic
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
Jane chose for it himself to leave.
Thomas Jane just decided not to do it?!? What, does he have like offers pouring in that he can turn down work?
VaultMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 11:22 AM   #17
VaultMan
Advanced Tweet Mechanic
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by biglebowski9999 View Post
Do not get your hopes about this movie. Jane left because he had no choice. I ran across an interview w/ him when it happened and you could honestly tell that it depressed him to have to leave. He talked about how he has always loved the character, how he has been working out constantly for the last year and eating nothing but tuna to make sure he was in perfect shape. The reason he left? The script that came back for the 2nd movie was THAT bad. There was a script review somewhere, too, and they basically said it was the worst thing they had ever read.

Lionsgate has to get this movie out or the rights will revert back to Marvel. They don't want that to happen so they are going to put out a piece of trash. I have NEVER bad-mouthed a Marvel movie before seeing it, but mark my words...this will be the worst comic book movie since Elektra & Cat Woman.
Ooooh, now I get it.
VaultMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 11:22 AM   #18
cma3
Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaultMan View Post
Thomas Jane just decided not to do it?!? What, does he have like offers pouring in that he can turn down work?
yeah thought the same thing. like he of all people could be picky. but AICN released this a while ago, a supposed Jane quote:

"Im writing to tell you that I regretfully and painfully had to pull out of P2. I cant tell you how completely broken up I am about it. What I won't do is spend months of my life sweating over a movie that I just don't believe in. Ive always loved the Marvel guys, and wish them well. Meanwhile, Ill continue to search for a film that one day might stand with all those films that the fans have asked me to watch."
cma3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 12:08 PM   #19
thecallahan
THE HUGGERNAUT!!!

I can't believe no ones done it it!

13!!!!!!!!

thecallahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 12:43 PM   #20
bat_collector
Galactus

come on the first one was pretty bad
bat_collector is offline   Reply With Quote