Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 07-14-2016, 08:59 AM   #2981
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseydevil View Post
All all of the new statue recipients wait list folks who converted?
I hope not. I ordered the second the PO became available and still don't have mine yet. I hope mine doesn't have those paint smudges but I wouldn't be surprised if after all this time it will.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 09:41 AM   #2982
yeek
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Mine was from my regularly scheduled flex pay from a day 1 preorder. I just happened to do the multiple payments and never bothered to pay the balance off early.
yeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 10:08 AM   #2983
aa909
The Green Hornet

Quote:
I've been on the waitlist for 3 months, but after seeing that the new batches were still coming in with paint smudges I canceled my WL and decided to hunt down a piece I could inspect before buying. If you're patient you can find a regular or EX for sale at a reasonable price and confirm condition is acceptable before buying.

IMO, given all these various defects, buying factory sealed has little value and I rather have a piece that's been opened and inspected. Just my 2 cents
aa909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 11:39 AM   #2984
vorpoll
Shadowhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by aa909 View Post
I've been on the waitlist for 3 months, but after seeing that the new batches were still coming in with paint smudges I canceled my WL and decided to hunt down a piece I could inspect before buying. If you're patient you can find a regular or EX for sale at a reasonable price and confirm condition is acceptable before buying.

IMO, given all these various defects, buying factory sealed has little value and I rather have a piece that's been opened and inspected. Just my 2 cents
Imo that's the only way you should buy it. Why deal with opening up the box and finding damage where the seller can claim it's on you because he never opened it.
vorpoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 01:01 PM   #2985
Razman
Doh!

I just got mine in today, luckily paint is good.

But I found another issue with the piece. When I slide the steel piece into the base, it doesn't really stay tightly in place. You can still nudge it a little. I doubt this is normal.. Can folks please confirm whether this is an issue?
Razman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 01:23 PM   #2986
aa909
The Green Hornet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razman View Post

But I found another issue with the piece. When I slide the steel piece into the base, it doesn't really stay tightly in place. You can still nudge it a little. I doubt this is normal.. Can folks please confirm whether this is an issue?
It should be very tight. Make sure you have pushed it all the way in
Old 07-14-2016, 01:38 PM   #2987
aa909
The Green Hornet

Quote:
Originally Posted by vorpoll View Post
Imo that's the only way you should buy it. Why deal with opening up the box and finding damage where the seller can claim it's on you because he never opened it.
believe it or not that is what one eBay seller told me. He said "it's factory sealed so I don't care if it's got paint defects, that's not my problem after I sell it"... paasssss!

but hey, gotta give him credit for his honesty
Old 07-14-2016, 01:55 PM   #2988
lucifixion
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

And good luck to him in that thinking because he will lose any dispute over the flaws, and then he will no longer have a factory sealed statue to pretend he doesn't have to worry about.
lucifixion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 03:26 PM   #2989
yeek
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razman View Post

The first time I put it in it was backwards so it wiggled a little bit. I tried the other way and it was tight. Maybe you did the same thing?
yeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 08:11 PM   #2990
Razman
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeek View Post
The first time I put it in it was backwards so it wiggled a little bit. I tried the other way and it was tight. Maybe you did the same thing?
I'm pretty sure it's the right direction..

Unfortunately seems like I got a dud.

Going to contact sideshow about this.
Razman is offline   Reply With Quote