Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > eFX, HCG & CM

Old 07-22-2022, 10:35 AM   #41
VickPS
Blue Falcon

As if i wasn't already over the moon about this piece.

And as if my respect for Mr. Wang could possibly grow even more.

This is it guys, this is going to be the ultimate JP Rex statue.

VickPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2022, 11:05 AM   #42
chalback
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VickPS View Post
As if i wasn't already over the moon about this piece.

And as if my respect for Mr. Wang could possibly grow even more.

chalback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2022, 11:17 AM   #43
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chalback View Post
wow, really cool! good work guys.

do the Chronicle, Prime 1, Iron Studios JP TRex statues sport the SWS logo as this one appears to have?

I'm asking because i have no clue. That logo for me is a big deal.

Doesn't look like the 1:5 bust has the SWS logo, but i guess it doesn't really matter as the bust and the full 1:5 statue are the real deal.

The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2022, 11:39 AM   #44
Blade3327
Nightwing

YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! That's great news. Also explains why he hasn't shared it on his own profile despite showing off other ECC displays.

Guess this one's due for more time in the oven.
Blade3327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2022, 11:43 AM   #45
VickPS
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by chalback View Post
Jurassic Corner also confirmed the piece in person is as big, if not even bigger, than the Prime 1 1:8.

Grail in the making.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The SHOGUN View Post
do the Chronicle, Prime 1, Iron Studios JP TRex statues sport the SWS logo as this one appears to have?
None do.

But the COA of the Chronicle full 1:5 Rex states the following:

"This is an accurate Tyrannosaurus Rex, recreated using original Stan Winston Studios assets from Jurassic Park."

This ECC is supposed to be a full collaboration with the studio (Legacy? Matt Winston? Former members?), and this is probably the reason for the logo.
Old 07-22-2022, 11:46 AM   #46
Blade3327
Nightwing

Quote:
Jurassic Corner also confirmed the piece is person is as big, if not even bigger, than the Prime 1 1:8.
As in bigger than their Rotunda Rex? Hard to judge scales on Rexes that weren't made from the Winston molds. The 1/5 is surely 1/5, but everything else is gravy as far as I'm concerned. I just need it to be big without being impossible to display, so anything between 1/18 and 1/9 is a win.

Also wondering if ECC and their partners having the Jurassic Park license means we'll get other dinos...
Blade3327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2022, 12:27 PM   #47
VickPS
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade3327 View Post
As in bigger than their Rotunda Rex?

Hard to judge scales on Rexes that weren't made from the Winston molds. The 1/5 is surely 1/5, but everything else is gravy as far as I'm concerned. I just need it to be big without being impossible to display, so anything between 1/18 and 1/9 is a win.
This is what he said:

"Definitely much bigger than the 1/15 P1 rexes and in line with the 1/8 rotunda. So someone?s scale is definitely off. Hard to tell exactly because the rotunda is curled up and this one is extended. But head size seems the same if not even bigger on this ECC one"

Personally, after recently seeing Stan in person, in this pose:

I feel the full 1:5 is the only one worthy of being called "T. rex statue", and i totally get why SWS went for this scale. Every other Rex piece i have feels like a micro miniature of the animal, with the P1 Rotunda sort of in the middle.

T. rex is ----ing HUGE, unreasonably big. Much bigger than one would think it is. It really deserves "huge" statues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade3327 View Post
Also wondering if ECC and their partners having the Jurassic Park license means we'll get other dinos...
I think it's fair to say that's a given. And busts as well.
Old 07-22-2022, 12:28 PM   #48
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Jurassic Corner also confirmed the piece is person is as big, if not even bigger, than the Prime 1 1:8.

Grail in the making.

None do.

But the COA of the Chronicle full 1:5 Rex states the following:

"This is an accurate Tyrannosaurus Rex, recreated using original Stan Winston Studios assets from Jurassic Park."

This ECC is supposed to be a full collaboration with the studio (Legacy? Matt Winston? Former members?), and this is probably the reason for the logo.
nice.

and in regards to the scale, that Jurassic Corner dude knows what he's talking about.

this piece is quickly becoming VERY interesting to me.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ECC T-Rex.jpg
Views:	365
Size:	1.35 MB
ID:	152034  
The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2022, 03:59 PM   #49
takuGuy
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
This is what he said:

"Definitely much bigger than the 1/15 P1 rexes and in line with the 1/8 rotunda. So someone?s scale is definitely off. Hard to tell exactly because the rotunda is curled up and this one is extended. But head size seems the same if not even bigger on this ECC one"

Personally, after recently seeing Stan in person, in this pose:

I feel the full 1:5 is the only one worthy of being called "T. rex statue", and i totally get why SWS went for this scale. Every other Rex piece i have feels like a micro miniature of the animal, with the P1 Rotunda sort of in the middle.

T. rex is ----ing HUGE, unreasonably big. Much bigger than you think it is. It really deserves "huge" statues.

I think it's fair to say that's a given. And busts as well.
Yeah, the Rex skeleton is huge in person, but have you ever seen the Spinosaurus skeleton in person? That thing is absolutely massive. From nose to tail, and then the sail on its back, it?s crazy big.
takuGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2022, 05:25 PM   #50
VickPS
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by takuGuy View Post
Yeah, the Rex skeleton is huge in person, but have you ever seen the Spinosaurus skeleton in person? That thing is absolutely massive. From nose to tail, and then the sail on its back, it?s crazy big.
Under that Rex skeleton, right under it, there's a real Spinosaurus snout kept in those glass displays. Honestly felt so tiny and fragile in comparison to the Rex. No picture, nor movie, nor IMAX screen can do justice to that Stan piece in person, i was in awe and wonder for hours.
Even the "tiny" arms are massive and scary in person, bigger than human arms, and seeing them in front of me made me immediately think "those things were 100% STRONG as ----".
And the detail, man, mindblowing how a cast can be so insanely perfect and stunning in terms of microdetail, i've never seen anything remotely close to it.