Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Action Figures / Toys / Trading Cards

Old 01-11-2008, 11:00 PM   #131
ALEX23
The Avengers

I received the last card I needed to finish the MM95 set yesterday! Now I just need to finish the chase cards.
ALEX23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 12:27 AM   #132
Tattoo-S
Mrs. Wookie~'Venger's Girl~GORE Princess~Silly Sister~Beast Lover

Also looking seriously for the following cards. 1995 emotion cards..... I am in need of a few 2, 3, 18, 20, 61, 110, 116, or 134 Thanks
Tattoo-S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 10:56 AM   #133
CompEng1
Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change

Hey S! I hope everything is going great with you and X. I might have some of those emotion cards. I'll check out my collection and let you know.
CompEng1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 11:01 AM   #134
CompEng1
Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change

With regards to the MM 08 set. I have to say that it's starting to look like the 90's were the highlight of the card industry. I haven't seen anything that has come close to the the MM sets or the Fleer Flair 94 and 95. One can hope.
CompEng1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 12:33 PM   #135
HalJordanFan
Ultimates

Quote:
Originally Posted by CompEng1 View Post
With regards to the MM 08 set. I have to say that it's starting to look like the 90's were the highlight of the card industry. I haven't seen anything that has come close to the the MM sets or the Fleer Flair 94 and 95. One can hope.

And you never will again! The 90's were the best time for cards.
HalJordanFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 12:47 PM   #136
Perna
Budda Budda Bamfer!
Artist

It's all about money nowadays.
Perna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 10:34 AM   #137
HalJordanFan
Ultimates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perna View Post
It's all about money nowadays.

I understand that as much as the next guy, but it's a shame the quality had to be lost in the process.
Old 01-14-2008, 11:01 AM   #138
Perna
Budda Budda Bamfer!
Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalJordanFan View Post
I understand that as much as the next guy, but it's a shame the quality had to be lost in the process.
You also have to blame it on the buyers. As long as products like this keep selling out, Upper Deck will keep producing them.
Perna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 05:23 PM   #139
Tattoo-S
Mrs. Wookie~'Venger's Girl~GORE Princess~Silly Sister~Beast Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perna View Post
You also have to blame it on the buyers. As long as products like this keep selling out, Upper Deck will keep producing them.
Yeah, the blame falls on everyone. It's agrivating to see experienced and knowledgeable companies taking advantage of the artist's and consumers to create a frenzie of chaos that will be short lived leaving confusion in it's wake.

It's sad that they think so little of us that we (consumers) can't figure out on our own that these Companies....(Rittenhouse, Inkworks, Fleer, Skybox, and Upper Deck) are purposely creating monitarily minimally produced sets using primarily recycled art, soliciting early, then short printing. Paying a few Big names (Ross/Adams/Texiera/Jusko) to get some chase worthy cards in there, and then taking advantage of the up and coming artists who really want/need to get their names known and recognized in the market. Like we can't figure out on our own that eventually the market will be flooded anyhow, and eventually the frenzie will die down. Anyone who did anything with cards in the 90's is totally haveing DejaVu. Only this time it is not the principal of the companies trying to stay alive, now it is more of a hit and run kind of thing that will ultimately leave most collectors scratching their heads.

The marketing stragedy is really genious if you think about it. I am all for a great set of cards, and most collectors will not even realize that the art they are getting is better than what we have seen in recent years, still not the quality of the "original" Masterpieces. Gamers will not care, they only want the game cards, they are not collecting for the art or artist, they are buying for the playing aspect. True collectors are ultimately disappointed cause lots of the same art is being seen in various places. Why would I continue to buy cases or even multiple boxes of the same stuff through out a run Worse yet, what makes the Co. think I would.

I understand there are serious sketch card collectors who are going after this stuff cause that is the "thrill" for them. Pulling an elusive sketch, but for the most part, I am very disapppointed. Feeling very underestimated, and basically played a fool.
Tattoo-S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 06:06 PM   #140
HalJordanFan
Ultimates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tattoo-S View Post
Yeah, the blame falls on everyone. It's agrivating to see experienced and knowledgeable companies taking advantage of the artist's and consumers to create a frenzie of chaos that will be short lived leaving confusion in it's wake.

It's sad that they think so little of us that we (consumers) can't figure out on our own that these Companies....(Rittenhouse, Inkworks, Fleer, Skybox, and Upper Deck) are purposely creating monitarily minimally produced sets using primarily recycled art, soliciting early, then short printing. Paying a few Big names (Ross/Adams/Texiera/Jusko) to get some chase worthy cards in there, and then taking advantage of the up and coming artists who really want/need to get their names known and recognized in the market. Like we can't figure out on our own that eventually the market will be flooded anyhow, and eventually the frenzie will die down. Anyone who did anything with cards in the 90's is totally haveing DejaVu. Only this time it is not the principal of the companies trying to stay alive, now it is more of a hit and run kind of thing that will ultimately leave most collectors scratching their heads.

The marketing stragedy is really genious if you think about it. I am all for a great set of cards, and most collectors will not even realize that the art they are getting is better than what we have seen in recent years, still not the quality of the "original" Masterpieces. Gamers will not care, they only want the game cards, they are not collecting for the art or artist, they are buying for the playing aspect. True collectors are ultimately disappointed cause lots of the same art is being seen in various places. Why would I continue to buy cases or even multiple boxes of the same stuff throught a run Worse yet, what makes the Co. think I would.

I understand there are serious sketch card collectors who are going after this stuff cause that is the "thrill" for them. Pulling an elusive sketch, but for the most part, I am very disapppointed. Feeling very underestimated, and basically played a fool.

Nicely said.