Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 01-22-2019, 12:33 AM   #1931
darren1228
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackestNight View Post
Your are assuming the choosen rod will flex. If the chosen rod running through the structure is strong enough, which it easily can be, there will be no breaking.
Makes sense but if you look at Sideshow’s previous leaning statues you can’t be blamed for having doubts.

1. She-Hulk who had both feet planted leaned
2. Dark Rider of Mordor. Horse with both hind limbs planted cracked
3. Mortinghull Lsf both feet planted leaned

This Rogue is way more complicated than all those above so we shall see how it goes.
darren1228 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 07:21 AM   #1932
Frayhor
Sinister Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren1228 View Post
Makes sense but if you look at Sideshow’s previous leaning statues you can’t be blamed for having doubts.

1. She-Hulk who had both feet planted leaned
2. Dark Rider of Mordor. Horse with both hind limbs planted cracked
3. Mortinghull Lsf both feet planted leaned

This Rogue is way more complicated than all those above so we shall see how it goes.
I will try to be the devil's advocate in here, but all the statues you are mentioning here were "simple" from a visiual aspect, you told it yourself, all had both legs planted so no apparent complexities here, no one even expected leaning issues.

The case of Rogue is the exact opposite, it is more like the recent Magneto maquette and we see that Sideshow puts extra care with it (giant peg, solid magnets...) to make it solid and having no leaning issues in the future anyway it looks like it, so let's hope for it !

Now i'm far from knowing every piece Sideshow has ever released so my theory may be proven wrong. Please feel free to enlighten me if that's the case.
Frayhor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 08:36 AM   #1933
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by savage.CAP View Post
Watching the sideshow live with IGO and this piece again. “Cajun or Russian” was mentioned. Was it just a huge tease, or do you guys think we should expect Gambit and Colossus?
Colossus would be on my radar. Not a big Gambit fan. Personally, I'm hoping they get around to the German guy. He's long overdue.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 09:15 AM   #1934
IzeroI
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by savage.CAP View Post
Watching the sideshow live with IGO and this piece again. “Cajun or Russian” was mentioned. Was it just a huge tease, or do you guys think we should expect Gambit and Colossus?
100% Gambit for me.

I've been on the fence about this Rogue due to the portrait (Love everything else about the statue), but if a good Gambit came out with a matching danger room base then that would be enough for me to pull trigger on her. Can't have Gambit without Rogue.
IzeroI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 10:04 AM   #1935
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by IzeroI View Post
100% Gambit for me.

I've been on the fence about this Rogue due to the portrait (Love everything else about the statue), but if a good Gambit came out with a matching danger room base then that would be enough for me to pull trigger on her. Can't have Gambit without Rogue.
LOL watch them give Gambit a pink energy base like Psylocke.
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 10:22 AM   #1936
IzeroI
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
LOL watch them give Gambit a pink energy base like Psylocke.
Haha don't give them any ideas. I know they're reading this.
Old 01-22-2019, 01:37 PM   #1937
ukshaun
Hercules

It occurred to me, maybe Rogue failing to appear due to breakage, presumed by failure of the hand to base connection might have been caused my something else. (see pic) Sideshow appear to use pieces of polystyrene to raise statues to achieve various heights. This is normally covered up by fabric.

ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 01:52 PM   #1938
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by IzeroI View Post
100% Gambit for me.

i think gambit was implied / teased by a SS employee at sdcc as well
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 02:20 PM   #1939
IzeroI

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
That's right I forgot about that.

Also during 12 days RT said they thought Gambit was going to be shown/teased. I know SS lets them announce new things sometimes so maybe that was a sign as well (or not).
Old 01-22-2019, 03:13 PM   #1940
savage.CAP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
Happen to remember how brother? Was it a video or just someone at the show mentioned it in a comment?
savage.CAP is offline   Reply With Quote