Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Infinity Studios / Gantaku / Queen Studios

Old 04-09-2021, 01:15 PM   #201
pdenham
Teen Titans

I foolishly thought this might be in the $600-700 range after the Gadot portrait was shown. The last month or so I was steeling myself up to ordering it, despite my problems with that one aspect.
Also despite the fact I'm already well over my storage space limits with the stuff I already have coming.

One thing I do like about it is the diagonal thrust/composition when seen from the front. I have a few things where characters are lunging forward, but this would have been unique.
That aspect was appealing enough that I would have been motivated to find a way to justify the rest of the pose to my satisfaction.

If I was as smitten with all of it as much as I was the portrait I think I would have gone for it. Despite that price being...excessive.

A big part of me is glad it is priced the way it is, because that threw the bucket of cold water in my face that I'd needed.

This is best left for the people who love all of it- without any reservations.
I'll be happy to take delight in their enjoyment.
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 01:26 PM   #202
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdenham View Post
I foolishly thought this might be in the $600-700 range
I don't think that was a foolish expectation. The 3-day special pricing for QS's Tom Holland Spidey was just $480 for the version with 2 Spidey portraits and $640 for the version that added the unmasked portrait. We've leaped from those prices to $895 for Wonder Woman(for those countries within the license).
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 02:26 PM   #203
Asgard
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

There are too many little things that I don't like to justify the price.
Pass for me.
Asgard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 03:01 PM   #204
generalzodlives
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

That price is tough to swallow for a 1/4 statue. I'll pass.
generalzodlives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 03:20 PM   #205
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

I have to be honest. I don't absolutely love the pose, but it's grown on me a little. I actually like the comic portrait more than the movie portrait. Then today I see they're offering an awesome sword and shield switch out to anyone who orders before Sunday, but they don't provide any real pics of that.

In my head the sword and the shield look much better than the lasso arms and could persuade me to buy, but again, all they provide is a tiny thumbnail image in the dark and from behind. What kind of marketing is that?
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 03:21 PM   #206
jonylin
Justice League

I can't believe I'm saying this after following this statue from the very beginning, but I think I'm going to have to pass... The timing of this statue is just terrible for me. The Q1 2022 release date coincides with several of my other very expensive pre-orders, including the NieR DX diorama, and I just found out recently that my income beyond June this year may be uncertain. I'm not willing to put my other pre-orders, which are absolute must-haves for me, at risk for this statue so I'll just have to admire it from afar in other people's collections. It's somewhat of a relief since I don't have any DC/Marvel pieces in my collection so she would've stuck out a bit too much anyways.
jonylin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 03:53 PM   #207
Iko Iko
Fantomah

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
I have to be honest. I don't absolutely love the pose, but it's grown on me a little. I actually like the comic portrait more than the movie portrait. Then today I see they're offering an awesome sword and shield switch out to anyone who orders before Sunday, but they don't provide any real pics of that.

In my head the sword and the shield look much better than the lasso arms and could persuade me to buy, but again, all they provide is a tiny thumbnail image in the dark and from behind. What kind of marketing is that?
I would absolutely use the sword and shield as I am not a fan of the lasso. BUT like you state, I want to see a good pic of this. Come on Queen! (FYI, if that shield covers the face, I'm out).
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 04:53 PM   #208
pdenham
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iko Iko View Post
I would absolutely use the sword and shield as I am not a fan of the lasso. BUT like you state, I want to see a good pic of this. Come on Queen! (FYI, if that shield covers the face, I'm out).
Safe bet that the shield will be obscuring her face from prime angles (head on),

You should be able to see it unobstructed in profile from the right side , and probably closer to 3/4 visible from the left side.

This is why I suggested a few weeks back that the only reasonable alternative to the lasso I was seeing, would be bullet pings coming off the gauntlet(s).

Might look kind of cheesy with the rest of the piece being "realistic", 'cause that effect would have to be somewhat stylized, but it's one of the only ways that particular position of her arm would make sense, while still affording a less obstructed view of her face (compared to a large shield).
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 05:55 PM   #209
Phoenixblazes
Shazam

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post

Obviously it was a last minute change. I wouldn’t be surprised if they just decided to add it a few days ago or maybe even less.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 06:56 PM   #210
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
Obviously it was a last minute change. I wouldn’t be surprised if they just decided to add it a few days ago or maybe even less.
That's all well and good, but if you're on the fence (like me) seeing even a few pics of this sword and shield switch out could make or break the sale. And $970 is too expensive of an item to just have hope that it looks good.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote