Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

Old 03-17-2024, 01:21 AM   #431
extracomputer.1
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalblue02 View Post
He's definitely in the running for heaviest Transformer. It's between IA Devy and P1 Shockwave. I personally think it goes to Shockwave. I had a hell of time getting his base up a flight of stairs. The driller parts left bruises and indents in my hands, arms and stomach for days. The instructions want you to put his legs and body together with a second person and I barely managed to do it by myself by propping his leg and body which were as heavy as the base on my leg and chest praying it dropped in correctly.

I've also mentioned before I had him on our dining room table for 3 months and after I moved him, the table bowed inward and still is.

XM Grimlock is the third heaviest with one of the boxes weighting in at 85lbs. Funny thing is XM Starscreams box is almost as big as 1/3 Batpod Catwoman's coffin but weighs next to nothing compared to some of the other TF's.
Not sure that is correct. My IA grimlock is pretty heavy and box says 150 lbs on label. I am sure that includes a few pounds of box and probably a few lbs of extra. I looked online and wasn?t able to find an exact weight. Of course I am also including the extras that attach to the statue such as all the sharkticons.

Note I am not saying your not correct but this weighs over 100lbs.
extracomputer.1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2024, 05:41 PM   #432
eternalblue02
What's another word for Thesaurus?

This unboxing video has IA Grimlock at 35kg on the box at 1:14 and a current eBay seller lists the statue itself at 26kg. Second video at 18 seconds and has the 26kg in description. Maybe I'm wrong, who knows. I do know XM Grimlock's boxes weight 85lbs and 56lbs and the statue weights 104lbs. That's a lot of extra packing. Even IA's has a lot of packing. Can't even go by preorder pages for XM because they all have him shipping in 3 boxes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDrQ...qdsIld&index=1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lwfC29xByU
eternalblue02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2024, 08:10 PM   #433
extracomputer.1
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalblue02 View Post
This unboxing video has IA Grimlock at 35kg on the box at 1:14 and a current eBay seller lists the statue itself at 26kg. Second video at 18 seconds and has the 26kg in description. Maybe I'm wrong, who knows. I do know XM Grimlock's boxes weight 85lbs and 56lbs and the statue weights 104lbs. That's a lot of extra packing. Even IA's has a lot of packing. Can't even go by preorder pages for XM because they all have him shipping in 3 boxes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDrQ...qdsIld&index=1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lwfC29xByU
I haven?t actually weighed mine and he is back in box like all my collectibles (waiting to move). So I will have to go with what you said above at 77lbs (which is likely correct). When I carried it it was still in the boxes and I know that was well over 100lbs. Does come with pretty heavy boxes and very dense foam which is needed. I am sure this devastator package for the statue on this page will come in same type of packaging to protect it. If it?s solid it will be very heavy I am sure
extracomputer.1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2024, 05:06 AM   #434
Aussiebot
The Spirit

So for those Australian collector's who are interested, Popcultcha has Devy listed at $6499 AUD. I told the wife my tax return will cover it but she gave me a filthy look so I take it that was a no from her...
Aussiebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2024, 08:52 AM   #435
eternalblue02
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by extracomputer.1 View Post
I haven?t actually weighed mine and he is back in box like all my collectibles (waiting to move). So I will have to go with what you said above at 77lbs (which is likely correct). When I carried it it was still in the boxes and I know that was well over 100lbs. Does come with pretty heavy boxes and very dense foam which is needed. I am sure this devastator package for the statue on this page will come in same type of packaging to protect it. If it?s solid it will be very heavy I am sure
I just go with they're all heavy, it makes it easier.

IA Ultra Magnus and SS on Throne are back breakers too. No hollow parts on them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiebot View Post
I told the wife my tax return will cover it but she gave me a filthy look so I take it that was a no from her...
Same dirty look my wife gave me when I asked her if we could swing Prime 1 Terra.
eternalblue02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2024, 09:05 AM   #436
SONICobra
Batman

any of you guys reading the current skybound transformers book? devastator makes a pretty sweet cameo in the latest issue, tears some sh_t up

SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote