Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 07-05-2022, 08:54 PM   #11
Mechanizor
A day without sunshine is like... night.

I've only purchased the Superman Ex. which is I'm still waiting to receive. But my top DC favorites from TH thus far are:

1- Joker on his Throne.
2- Superman
3- Poison Ivy

Missed the mark: Supernan's base (Fortress of Solitude) is kinda boring.

Flops: I cannot think of any really, but the Wonder Woman cape variant doesn't appeal to me for some reason!
Mechanizor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2022, 09:36 PM   #12
CapTrenchcoat
Mephisto

1. Batman characters. The 1.0 and 2.0 lines have been amazing with the Batman villains. Personally, you could a Batman character every other month and I think they would sell like hot cakes. And I'm more of a JLA guy. The villains have been incredibly detailed. I had no plans buy the Scarecrow until I saw the sculpt. It completely blew me away. Characters like Clayface, Bane, or Azraeal will be huge hits for you.

2. The one that missed the mark for me was Captain Marvel, I'm not saying the "S" name. lol Compared to the upcoming Black Adam, another character I wasn't going to buy until I saw the sculpt, it just is lacking next to him. I know the change in art direction is responsible though.

3. Most of the major missed opportunities for me is more of a matter of taste. I would have like to see the follow through on characters like Hawkgirl and the Perez Zatanna statues. I know I'm in the minority on the Perez look and understand sales and the market. I'm hoping you will be financially better once these 2.0 lines, MOTU, and the upcoming horror lines start to pay off more and those could be looked at again.

I quite frankly feel like I'm invested in the company. I plan on being here a long time since you produce amazing sculpts on characters I care about and can't wait to see what's coming down the line.
CapTrenchcoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2022, 10:42 PM   #13
AC_808
Hercules

Tweeterhead's most successful DC pieces?
Wonder Woman 2.0, Superman 2.0, Starfire, Joker on Throne and John Stewart. IMO, the most successful is the 2.0 sculpts. Huge improvement to the 1.0 sculpts. The 2.0 pieces has better body sculpt and better proportions and better portraits.

Tweeterhead's projects that JUST missed the mark?
A few of the 1.0 pieces just missed the mark for me. I only bought Robin, Donna Troy and Starfire from that set. Just felt the body sculpts were slightly off the mark on those 1.0 pieces. With the 2.0 pieces, I find myself buying a lot of them.

Tweeterhead's biggest flops or missed opportunities?
Big flops were giving Captain Morgan poses to most of the 1.0 pieces. That was just bad. A missed opportunity is not finishing the Teen Titans while TH was in the 1.0 phase. Now fearing a slight mis-match if Cyborg, Raven and Beast Boy come from the 2.0 set.
AC_808 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2022, 10:45 PM   #14
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

1)-I own 11 Tweeterhead pieces and to me each one is a success. There were some I was not going to buy but once I saw Nearmint's reviews and reading feedback on here I purchased and never regretted it. Catwoman (purple outfit), Green Lantern and Starfire are the real standouts to me.

2) The Wonder Woman seam issue was what cause me not to purchase it but now I am scouring eBay for it. The new Wonder Woman sculpt is great but I agree with others the base is way to large. I think that is what I am finding that in the 2.0 line the bases are just too large. Wonder Woman and Flash come to mind in 2.0. I do believe a base should enhance the statue not compete with the statue.

3) I know that the switch to the 2.0 line made Chad think differently about his business model and realizing that some characters he would like to make would not be profitable at all but it would be nice to know what is still in the pipeline? Will the rest of the New Teen Titans line up by done? What about some JLA character-Green Arrow, Black Canary, Zatanna, the Hawks? the JSA would be great but I do wonder if those characters are even being considered (I can see Power Girl and Dr Fate and maybe the Huntress and Green Lantern but I am doubtful if any others would see the light of day.).
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2022, 10:47 PM   #15
JohngPR
Fantastic Four

1) My absolute favorites have been the Super Powers Joker, Harley, Bud and Lou, and Poison Ivy. Love all those! All the poses did a great job of nailing the character's personality, the bases were fun and had cool details, and the additional EX switch out pieces were great.

2) Super Powers Robin. I have Batgirl and would have loved to have a Robin in my display but I think the sculpt looked a little too old to be Robin. The sculpt itself and pose was great...just couldn't get past the fact that it looked like a very muscular Nightwing trying on his old Robin costume. :P

Also, I think the Poison Ivy variant posted looks great, but her green skin is a few shades too dark.

3) No real flops IMO...mostly just some statues that aren't characters I want or that fit my collection. As far as a missed opportunity, Catwoman in one of her modern costumes would have been cool to see.

Hope this helps. Keep up the great work...love me some TH statues!
JohngPR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2022, 10:51 PM   #16
Augen
Metal Men

1. This is hard, which is a credit to the company.

Starfire is such a stand out among excellent pieces. It is simply perfect capturing that era.

Batgirl paint is flawless and love how she pops.

Donna Troy, this is my special mention for taking a chance and nailing a character no one does. Thank you.

2. I like these pieces, but slight (slight!) Complaints.

Wonder Woman is fantastic, but I do think a lesson in swap outs and seams. Keep it simple to not compromise and piece.

Supergirl came down to personal choice as the outfit and expression didn't quite get Kara like I know.

3. Flop? No pieces are flops to me. And yet here's my grumble (with love?)

I really want characters I don't see over and over. I get it, Batman and Joker sell. I own several Wonder Woman pieces. No one makes a Big Barda (I've never seen an official or unofficial classic Big Barda in 1:6 or larger) so even in vain I'll beg for someone to take a chance.

Thanks for listening. Great work when my complaint is I want more pieces and more diversity.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2022, 11:39 PM   #17
alshadow
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

1. Absolute successes - GL Hal Jordan, GL John Stewart, Super Powers Joker, Superman 2.0, Black Adam 2.0, Martian Manhunter, Poison Ivy. Great, standout pieces without being overdesigned, while still fully embodying what the characters are all about. I fully believe these statues will stand the test of time.

2. Just missed the mark - Both WW pieces. The SP one with the neck seam issue, and 2.0 is just unnecessarily tall (just my personal opinion).

3. Flops - no flops at all.
alshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2022, 12:07 AM   #18
Waga68
Fantastic Four

1) Don't have any 2.0 pieces in hand yet but I've ordered a bunch. I like a lot of the 1.0 statues and I appreciate the effort going into making the 2.0 pieces in a way where they can still be displayed with my 1.0's. Personally love the first Joker and my Hal Jordan Green Lantern.

2) Personally I would love to see or hear about more DC villains that could come down the pipeline. Would love to see a Sinestro, Reverse Flash and Lex Luthor get made. And the list of great Batman villains is endless -Mr. Freeze, Penguin and Riddler as my most wanted.

3) No flops in my book. Really love the DC line. My biggest complaint would be that I'd like Tweeterhead to be more interactive (Like with this thread) Part of the fun for me of collecting is seeing hints or sneaks being thrown out and seeing the other fans enthusiasm and opinions. It keeps the hobby active and interesting when outside forces are slowing down product.

Thanks for asking.
Waga68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2022, 02:53 AM   #19
nearmint
Phoenix

I'll only answer #1, and mention a piece that gets so much less attention than it deserves, and that's Dark Knight Muddy. It's so different from the other pieces Tweeterhead was releasing at the time, I get the feeling people don't even associate the piece with the company. I was shocked to learn that only 460 were made, and that the edition size of the clean version is twice that of the muddy version.

I'd love to see the piece in 1/4 scale. Amazing sculpt, with a more complex paint application than other TH pieces.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2022, 03:04 AM   #20
saberhagen
What's another word for Thesaurus?

1) SP Harley and Joker: both have fantastic poses, portraits, and detail. Classic and really capture the spirit of the characters, especially love the action from Harley's jetpack.

Hal Jordan and Batgirl are awesome classic representations that don't hew too closely to the Perez era. Both work very well with other pieces and have just the right amount of detail and great anatomy. Batgirl's red purse is a fantastic switchout option that can really change the tone.

SP Catwoman is great because that costume is too rare to see, classic but not narrowly confined to just the early 80s. Love the massive lion head base.

2.0 stuff looks awesome so far, especially Harley, Joker, and Superman. Great detail/costume choices, not too bulky (well, not Joker lol), perfect facial expressions/poses, and switchout options.

2) Poison Ivy: I pre-ordered it the minute it went up, but would have preferred a standing pose. Like the costume a little better on the variant, but lighter green stockings with boots would have looked great on the original.

Wonder Woman: It's just too tall, that's it. Can't be displayed on a same-scale shelf without wasting a ton of space above the other pieces.

3) No clear fails, but wasn't a big fan of the dated Perez or Titans stuff, if that isn't already clear above lol. Donna Troy especially, since she doesn't have a cool effect like Starfire.

Dark Knight Returns Batman: Amazing piece that would really benefit from companion pieces, suppose other Batman versions rather than other DKR characters.
saberhagen is offline   Reply With Quote