Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 08-08-2022, 05:16 PM   #61
Mechanizor
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_808 View Post
Right. And in the same way, it's ok if you don't like what TH is doing right now in this art direction.

But, IMO and others here as well, it's the proper balance of classic and detailing to make this line very compelling. It's one of the best line out there right now.

Perhaps another company can start a new line or TH could start a new line to be more like RB's art or more to your liking. But this current line is doing great as is.
Sure it's true that the current line is doing great, and that's why I'm also in favor of what they've done with Mer-Man, Teela, Trap Jaw and I'm getting all of them anyways!
But I was talking specifically about the Sorceress that she could use a little upgrade over what was shown in the early artwork.

The RB's version is only an example, and not a blueprint of what has to happen!

I don't understand why you're upset with my logic? Constructive criticism is a thing in art, not a crime!
Mechanizor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2022, 11:00 PM   #62
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechanizor View Post
Sure it's true that the current line is doing great, and that's why I'm also in favor of what they've done with Mer-Man, Teela, Trap Jaw and I'm getting all of them anyways!
But I was talking specifically about the Sorceress that she could use a little upgrade over what was shown in the early artwork.

The RB's version is only an example, and not a blueprint of what has to happen!

I don't understand why you're upset with my logic? Constructive criticism is a thing in art, not a crime!

That's the problem with written words sometimes. It can't convey the author's tone. I'm not upset. My previous posts had no anger behind them.

I understand your logic. I'm just saying the design concept right now for Sorceress fits with Teela. It's fine as is. With what your describing, it may not match Teela.

To do what you describe, it might be best for another MOTU line. That's all I'm saying ... in a friendly tone.
AC_808 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2022, 12:13 AM   #63
Mechanizor
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_808 View Post
That's the problem with written words sometimes. It can't convey the author's tone. I'm not upset. My previous posts had no anger behind them.

I understand your logic. I'm just saying the design concept right now for Sorceress fits with Teela. It's fine as is. With what your describing, it may not match Teela.

To do what you describe, it might be best for another MOTU line. That's all I'm saying ... in a friendly tone.
Good that we've settled this little debate with a smile.

I might see this little artwork differently than most of you, but I also said somewhere it's still a bit too early to make a good judgment of what's coming. Early concepts usually go through multi stages of iterations, and sometimes they get scraped away, and get rebooted in a totally different directions.

Yeah, reading someone's post could've been interpreted in different ways when debating an idea or an opinion while emotions are engaged.

I've done this design and engineering game as a hired freelancer for a while mostly remotely, and if we didn't do those Skype/Zoom/Facetime meetings regularly, probably someone could've ended up in an intensive care unit somewhere! LOL

At the end, I hope the final reveal of the Sorceress will please most us around here.

I'm very happy of how Teela turned out btw, but I really also wanted an option of the Snake Armor swap out, but that could've made things more complicated to produce or even more expensive to attain!
Mechanizor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2024, 02:29 PM   #64
SDguy

Posted on FB

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	421789127_784806100340395_887812562767542196_n.jpg
Views:	466
Size:	133.1 KB
ID:	167804  
SDguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2024, 03:53 PM   #65
majestic1
Green Lantern Corps
Adamantium Member

Looks like her wings are coming from her back rather than part of her costume attached to her arms, glad they haven't been overly conservative with her costume and kept some cleavage.
majestic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2024, 03:57 PM   #66
Mister H
Gen 13

Do I see Man-at-Arms too?
Mister H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2024, 03:58 PM   #67
craigcliff1
Zot

yes that is MAA art TH showed
craigcliff1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2024, 04:02 PM   #68
Mister H
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigcliff1 View Post
yes that is MAA art TH showed
Booyah!
Old 01-25-2024, 04:03 PM   #69
majestic1
Green Lantern Corps
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
Do I see Man-at-Arms too?
I forgot they actually showed her full color render last year, and a rough MAA.

majestic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2024, 04:08 PM   #70
Mister H
Gen 13

I remember that now.