Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 02-11-2019, 07:27 PM   #11
Blacksunn
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dao2 View Post
What hurts PCS the most is what happened to the rep. P1 has a great reputation
This right here...

PCS's reputation is complete $hit. I will not purchase/preorder or prepay for a single item from PCS until I am refunded what is owed either by them or SSC. They have flat out stolen, lied and deceived several in the community and I urge the rest of you not to support this company in any way until they step up to the plate and start making things right for everyone left in the dark for almost the past year...
Blacksunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 08:01 PM   #12
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggunz View Post
C1
It looks like blanka ;p hes an ugly mother ----er ^^ I like pcs' more than protoz's blanka
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 09:44 PM   #13
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dao2 View Post
What hurts PCS the most is what happened to the rep. P1 has a great reputation but honestly I don't think the statues they showed so far are that good. Ken was pretty nice but they're prob going to be 800+ and IMO not worth it. Nor do I really see them going far into the line, maybe a 2-3 more a-list characters and that's it. SF isn't really that popular, it would probably hurt both companies.

Personally though I'll stick with PCS. A lot of people complain about them redoing the same characters (and it does get old) but they have gone really deep into the line which is something I don't think other companies will do. They also do good statues at decent prices. If P1 does something that really strikes my fancy I'll pick them up, but for me the 3 they've done so far aren't going to be worth the cost. I much rather go for their awesome predator pieces.
Basically agree with all this...for now. Future releases from both will make up my mind fully. Have no clue what either company is planning.
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 08:34 AM   #14
ryuhayabusa6787
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

I really don’t understand how all these companies waited so long to acquire the license. Jerry killed the market I don’t see any positive outcome for any company with sf license.
ryuhayabusa6787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 09:38 AM   #15
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

I don't think competition even exists anymore, so many companies have so many of the same licenses and same scales, people just have more choice than ever and people buy what they like.

Like others have said it's not the products that PCS releases that been the problem, its delays and reputation.
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 10:19 AM   #16
Vince-Vell
Cosmic Painter
PainterModerator

Well if PCS would continue the Ultra line and actually get some different characters out people been asking for years i don't see how it will hurt.

As of now Prime1 will just be doing the same thing every other company gets a SF license for. Ryu, Akuma, Ken, Cammy, Chun Li rinse repeat.

I love the ultra line so far cause its got the SF4 model look to them, not a fan of SF5 models at all.

So it comes down to preference now i guess and variety.
Vince-Vell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 12:46 PM   #17
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryuhayabusa6787 View Post
I really don’t understand how all these companies waited so long to acquire the license. Jerry killed the market I don’t see any positive outcome for any company with sf license.
Some others have (HCG did one or two I believe, protoz does them, kinetiquettes). Big companies haven't because it's just not worth it for them. Video game licenses plain just don't sell as well as comic licenses (unfortunately). Prime 1 does pick up some licenses that don't sell well, hopefully just because they can afford it and want to make statues for them and not because they expect to do well on them :< SF at least has multiple characters that are statue worthy as opposed to most other VG licenses.
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 01:12 PM   #18
The STATUARY
Fantastic Four

At least 1K and 2 years before even the first one will be delivered.

As proven here companies talk and show a lot but
Prime1 is betting people that could want SF statues never found PCS, are willing to start all over, or just can't realize a line of Street Fighter statues will never be an ongoing business concern.

Not going to expect further characters.
The STATUARY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 01:14 PM   #19
Zombiez
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

I really don't see why people like PCS street fighter statues none of them seem very impressive and to make it worse PCS is a terribly run company. Really I think that if p1 focuses on street fighter they will dominate the market for SF.

As far as i can see it Kinetiquettes is the only real competitor
Zombiez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 01:15 PM   #20
Zombiez
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The STATUARY View Post
At least 1K and 2 years before even the first one will be delivered.

As proven here companies talk and show a lot but
Prime1 is betting people that could want SF statues never found PCS, are willing to start all over, or just can't realize a line of Street Fighter statues will never be an ongoing business concern.

Not going to expect further characters.
They already said that they are working on chun-li SO they will make at least 4 characters if they follow up on their statement.
Zombiez is offline   Reply With Quote