Blacksunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 07:12 PM   #342
omigeo
Alpha Flight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacksunn View Post
King Llane...

He looks fantastic

What material are used on his armor, if I may ask?
omigeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 01:13 PM   #343
Blacksunn
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by omigeo View Post
He looks fantastic

What material are used on his armor, if I may ask?
It's just painted...
Old 02-14-2019, 01:15 PM   #344
Blacksunn

*** READ ONLY E-MAIL — DO NOT REPLY ***
Item Arriving Soon

Dear,

Your Kilrogg Deadeye Statue will be arriving into our warehouse in approximately 7 days. Your final payment is scheduled for Wednesday, February 20, 2019.

Please review your order information and make any changes through your online account prior to Tuesday, February 19.
Old 02-14-2019, 01:45 PM   #345
zadmax
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacksunn View Post
*** READ ONLY E-MAIL — DO NOT REPLY ***
Item Arriving Soon

Dear,

Your Kilrogg Deadeye Statue will be arriving into our warehouse in approximately 7 days. Your final payment is scheduled for Wednesday, February 20, 2019.

Please review your order information and make any changes through your online account prior to Tuesday, February 19.

I got that email too. Looks like it is time to apply my SS gift card balance from my previously cancelled PCS items! lol
zadmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 03:58 PM   #346
Blacksunn

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by zadmax View Post
I got that email too. Looks like it is time to apply my SS gift card balance from my previously cancelled PCS items! lol
Funny you say that because sadly that is how I am paying for all of these........ and a few P1 pieces...
Old 02-26-2019, 09:20 PM   #347
Blacksunn

Kilrogg Deadeye... Arrived with a broken finger but he looks really good. Scale seems off a bit, not as large as the other Orcs and noticing a lot of paint issues on the base where it appears to have rubbed off... Water effects are really good! He looks AWESOME but can't say he was worth $1,500us............

Old 02-26-2019, 11:37 PM   #348
zadmax
A day without sunshine is like... night.

I realize you don't have it completely unwrapped & put together, but I think you have the shoulder piece with all the horns on backward. Sucks about the broken finger. Hope they can sort that out for you.

The water effect does look really well done as you said. One thing I noticed is that his finger nails don't appear to be painted like the proto, which is strange because all of the other Warcraft statues they have released seem to have excellent painted finger nails (as in they look real). They almost seem to have forgotten to paint them a different color on this guy, or perhaps just left off a slight sheen/gloss?

How do you like how the hair came out (face and head)? Hard to tell from the pic. Thanks for the pics!
zadmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 10:38 AM   #349
Xenoburger
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Not as large as the others? That is worrisome.
Xenoburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 02:00 PM   #350
Blacksunn

Quote:
Originally Posted by zadmax View Post
I realize you don't have it completely unwrapped & put together, but I think you have the shoulder piece with all the horns on backward. Sucks about the broken finger. Hope they can sort that out for you.

The water effect does look really well done as you said. One thing I noticed is that his finger nails don't appear to be painted like the proto, which is strange because all of the other Warcraft statues they have released seem to have excellent painted finger nails (as in they look real). They almost seem to have forgotten to paint them a different color on this guy, or perhaps just left off a slight sheen/gloss?

How do you like how the hair came out (face and head)? Hard to tell from the pic. Thanks for the pics!
You're right on the shoulders. I just slapped him together as I know he will be going back. I wasn't even going to take him out of the box after seeing the broken finger. Surprisingly there are only like 6 pieces to put him totally together. Which if you have the other Orc's is really simple! lol

Already spoke with SSC first thing this AM and they are taking care of it, or starting the process at least. LOL

The nails are a disappointment... No where near the detail as the others but that doesn't mean it can't be fixed or painted. I agree a bit of satin finish may help. The hair is just ok, Kinda bushy compared to the pics but I have done nothing to it. He has carton head... LOL I'm sure it will look fine once fiddled with. Only issue I may see is the ends of the facial hair look way too thick and long coming out of the skulls and will need to be thinned out to get it to look like the proto pics.

Other thing I was disappointed with and I can't believe I'm going to bring this up was the packaging compared to the others. No heavy duty box that opens from laying flat. It was a regular thin statue box that you open from the top... He isn't as heavy as the others but still has weight for appearing to be hollow. Thankfully they still had straps.

All these issues are small and he does look great just a little smaller... I will take more pics before I send him back with the others so you can gauge the size. Next to Llane and Medivh he looks fine but next to the other Orcs he is noticeably smaller. Definitely a short guy if he is in scale... LOL

Overall I think he looks great, the base it outstanding but for $1,500 I think it is overpriced by $500/$600...