I don't have Facebook

Thanks. I will contact Sideshow.
Yzerman99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 11:44 PM   #822
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by statue-man View Post
Anyone, have this problem with Superman. I went to box him up, till I have an Idea what the final solution will be. I was surprise to find this chip where the cape fits to the back. I have the chip and will glue it back. I heard something about the new statue having a different way for the cape to hang.
Spoiler

This is an incredibly helpful picture that highlights the engineering problems with this statue.

Great design, questionable execution.
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 08:56 AM   #823
jeremydmc
Black Panther

Checked mine last night and it doesn't have that crack in the back....yet.
jeremydmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 11:54 AM   #824
Bob Morton
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Sigh - I got a refund for this statue rather than wait for the next shipment. This was the statue that was going I make or break Tweeterhead for me and unfortunately it failed hard. It’s too bad since the other statues in the line seemed like such a success. I am going I stick to DC Collectibles, way bigger ES and not as good quality, but a lot cheaper. Will use Tweeterhead to fill out rar characters that DC does not make
Bob Morton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 11:56 AM   #825
CapTrenchcoat
Mephisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Morton View Post
Sigh - I got a refund for this statue rather than wait for the next shipment. This was the statue that was going I make or break Tweeterhead for me and unfortunately it failed hard. It’s too bad since the other statues in the line seemed like such a success. I am going I stick to DC Collectibles, way bigger ES and not as good quality, but a lot cheaper. Will use Tweeterhead to fill out rar characters that DC does not make
Is MacFarlane taking over the statues for DC too?
CapTrenchcoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 12:49 PM   #826
grphyx1
Kingpin

Quote:
Well I'd say that is pretty extreme, considering that they are remaking the entire run to correct the issue. And re-engineering the cape. The statue and sculpt itself was just regal and powerful and a great rendition of superman but it seems like the issue may be the price commitment.
grphyx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 06:47 PM   #827
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapTrenchcoat View Post
Is MacFarlane taking over the statues for DC too?
Strictly speaking, McFarlane isn't "taking over" anything. They have a license to make action figures, yes, but DC Collectibles and other companies are still making action figures, too.
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 04:53 PM   #828
Karnis
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by grphyx1 View Post
Well I'd say that is pretty extreme, considering that they are remaking the entire run to correct the issue. And re-engineering the cape. The statue and sculpt itself was just regal and powerful and a great rendition of superman but it seems like the issue may be the price commitment.
One could just as easily argue that the recall is an extreme move in & of itself, and warrants some in hand reviews to see if everything is indeed fixed properly before purchasing. I know I cancelled my PO on the second set of pics posted here because I just knew what was trending. I'm currently on the SS waitlist for this piece & I'll have to see some proof the sloppy paint & bad cape are indeed fixed. Price is the least of my concerns (but proper value is). Not an unreasonable approach, and if i get it, I get it, if I don't, I'll live without it. Like Bob said, the DCDS can fill in the gaps nicely at an attractive price, as the JL Superman has already done on my mostly-Tweeterhead shelf.

As much as applaud TH for trying to make things right for Superman, between this & WW I'm much more reluctant to put cash up front for PO's sight unseen.

< I will say I'm getting the Prime One Hush Superman so that has also diminished my desire for this one as well. >
Karnis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 10:49 PM   #829
Bob Morton
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grphyx1 View Post
Don’t get me wrong, this statue has what it takes to be the best 1/6 superman out there hands down. However, the whole thing has turned me off to going all in on Tweeterhead as I had intended. It’s really too bad given that all the other statues in this line seem to have turned out so well.
Bob Morton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 09:51 AM   #830
grphyx1
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karnis View Post
One could just as easily argue that the recall is an extreme move in & of itself, and warrants some in hand reviews to see if everything is indeed fixed properly before purchasing. I know I cancelled my PO on the second set of pics posted here because I just knew what was trending. I'm currently on the SS waitlist for this piece & I'll have to see some proof the sloppy paint & bad cape are indeed fixed. Price is the least of my concerns (but proper value is). Not an unreasonable approach, and if i get it, I get it, if I don't, I'll live without it. Like Bob said, the DCDS can fill in the gaps nicely at an attractive price, as the JL Superman has already done on my mostly-Tweeterhead shelf.

As much as applaud TH for trying to make things right for Superman, between this & WW I'm much more reluctant to put cash up front for PO's sight unseen.

< I will say I'm getting the Prime One Hush Superman so that has also diminished my desire for this one as well. >
Karnis I don't get the argument that I bolded. Stuff gets recalled and fixed and all the time, from vitamins, food to automobiles and airplanes. So I don't get how this is extreme. Regardless it will be a wait and see for all involved and I think that the will be updates and previews of the statue before so you can see what has been done to address the issue.

Quote:
Don’t get me wrong, this statue has what it takes to be the best 1/6 superman out there hands down. However, the whole thing has turned me off to going all in on Tweeterhead as I had intended. It’s really too bad given that all the other statues in this line seem to have turned out so well.
It's a great rendition. I love what Tweeterhead is doing, but realistically speaking I cannot get everything (or go all in as you said). Will check back in witcha when he gets released
grphyx1 is offline   Reply With Quote