Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 03-17-2019, 10:53 PM   #831
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by statue-man View Post
Has there been any update of when we can expect, the New Superman statue. I'm not in a hurry because I want it to be perfect this time. I would just like to know a time frame. Will it be after Batman or before Batman. Will it take a year from January 2nd. I think we all need to know more then it's in the works. I do understand that this is a first in the industry. A stressor for Chad and everyone at Tweeterhead
No update has been given yet.
Old 03-18-2019, 10:55 AM   #832
grphyx1
Kingpin

Quote:
Has there been any update of when we can expect, the New Superman statue. I'm not in a hurry because I want it to be perfect this time. I would just like to know a time frame. Will it be after Batman or before Batman. Will it take a year from January 2nd. I think we all need to know more then it's in the works. I do understand that this is a first in the industry, a stressor for Chad and everyone at Tweeterhead
Believe me, no one wants to get this resolved more than Chad. When he gets more information, he will pass it on, and guaranteed it'll be posted on here. There will be no, it's on the boat etc... When it is definitely in hand you will get and update. In between you will more likely get a BTS update on engineering.
grphyx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 06:33 PM   #833
Karnis
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by grphyx1 View Post
Karnis I don't get the argument that I bolded. Stuff gets recalled and fixed and all the time, from vitamins, food to automobiles and airplanes. So I don't get how this is extreme. Regardless it will be a wait and see for all involved and I think that the will be updates and previews of the statue before so you can see what has been done to address the issue.
In the broad sense, sure, but in the statue world, rarely happens. I can't put it better than this:
Quote:
Here is the post from Chad FROM January 4:

"Superman “fix” update!!

We’ve never had a situation like this before and I thought the issues were just the capes not fitting properly...but seeing all the paint issues have left us no choice but to remake the entire run of Superman Maquettes instead of cape replacements.

We have tried for the past 6 years to deliver great quality products to you and with a character this special and one of the major players in our Super Powers line, this was really the only option.

Again, I'm glad TH stepped & did the right thing, but it's personally put me in a wait-and-see position with future TH products. For example, I just saw the MM pics on FB. There's 2 tabs on the shoulders for the cape and that seems to be it (hoping they are at least magnetic). I'm curious as to what other methods of support it may or may not have. Considering the issues in this thread, it's not unreasonable to ask the question.
Karnis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 09:29 AM   #834
grphyx1
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karnis View Post

Again, I'm glad TH stepped & did the right thing, but it's personally put me in a wait-and-see position with future TH products. For example, I just saw the MM pics on FB. There's 2 tabs on the shoulders for the cape and that seems to be it (hoping they are at least magnetic). I'm curious as to what other methods of support it may or may not have. Considering the issues in this thread, it's not unreasonable to ask the question.
The body and the cape are one piece. The heads and the collar are one piece, so swapping out there is no separation.
Old 03-19-2019, 07:35 PM   #835
Karnis
Blue Falcon

Quote:
The body and the cape are one piece. The heads and the collar are one piece, so swapping out there is no separation.
Cool! Thanks for the update.
Karnis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 09:58 AM   #836
George Clark
Justice League

Waiting on the re-do...
George Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 10:01 AM   #837
jeremydmc
Black Panther

I asked for re-do replacement on mine.
jeremydmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 10:23 AM   #838
Detective27
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Asked for replacement.
Detective27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 10:44 AM   #839
grphyx1
Kingpin

Quote:
I was just wondering on how many collector's opt-out, and got a refund on the Superman statue instead of waiting for the re-do statue.
Would you be surprised if I told you that there were not many requests for refund? He's well done and well received.
Old 04-15-2019, 08:10 PM   #840
jeremydmc
Black Panther

Quote:
Just wondering if the Re-Do Superman will have some sort of designation that it is the improve version. I am also wondering if the Re-Do run will be larger then the original run. I see a lot of messages on the boards, of collectors saying they will pick up the EX on the second run. I thought the EX versions had been sold out. I'm hoping the new statues will arrive in May
My understanding is they are not making more than the first run. They are are only replacing the ones that they were contacted about to be replaced. So people waiting to get a second run Ex may be out of luck.
jeremydmc is offline   Reply With Quote