Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 02-20-2019, 12:57 PM   #81
Valderen
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by senseimaki View Post
Everything they've shown is top notch thus far. I myself ordered 4 of 5 with the exception of Joker. Maybe it's the fact that the chomping teeth aren't attached to the statue and can get easily lost OR maybe it's that IMHO Tweeterhead's version is better while also being cheaper.

Am curious, what are your thoughts on this version vs. the Tweeterhead version? And what draws you to this version in particular. Feel free to disagree.
I think the Tweeterhead version is awesome, I just don't like mix-matching different collections.

I want my 1/6th scale DC to consistent in size, quality, artistic direction if that makes any sense. While I think the Tweeterhead is great and in some ways superior the XM version, I think he would look out of place with the rest of the XM 1/6th.

I had also skipped the Joker initially until I saw the picture of Harley Quinn, then I knew I had to get the Joker to go with her.

I just started on the 1/6th scale and debated a long time between going with Tweeterhead or XM. Tweeterhead has more variety and pricing is obviously better, and while I like all the pieces, none really blew me away like the XM pieces did.
Valderen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 12:59 PM   #82
Mepaphoros
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by senseimaki View Post
I think they’re going to scale well with each other. I think they appear bigger primarily because of the large bases and the XM pieces have more elaborate bases. Even when comparing them to the Kotobukiya Danger Room Sessions, the heroes themselves appear similar in scale except the latter can fit in a detolf shelf while the Super Powers and Adam Rebirth lines most definitely won’t.
I have exclusively Koto Danger rooms and two Bowens in a Detolf with a shelf waiting for this baby. I spoke to Todd about this Flash and he said it is approximately 14 inches tall.
Mepaphoros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 01:03 PM   #83
Mepaphoros

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valderen View Post
I think the Tweeterhead version is awesome, I just don't like mix-matching different collections.

I want my 1/6th scale DC to consistent in size, quality, artistic direction if that makes any sense. While I think the Tweeterhead is great and in some ways superior the XM version, I think he would look out of place with the rest of the XM 1/6th.

I had also skipped the Joker initially until I saw the picture of Harley Quinn, then I knew I had to get the Joker to go with her.

I just started on the 1/6th scale and debated a long time between going with Tweeterhead or XM. Tweeterhead has more variety and pricing is obviously better, and while I like all the pieces, none really blew me away like the XM pieces did.
Tweeterhead Joker is epic, I'm pretty underwhelmed by the Superman and Wonder Woman though. Green Lantern and Batman are nice, but won't be able to touch the XM versions IMO.
Old 02-20-2019, 01:04 PM   #84
senseimaki
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mepaphoros View Post
I have exclusively Koto Danger rooms and two Bowens in a Detolf with a shelf waiting for this baby. I spoke to Todd about this Flash and he said it is approximately 14 inches tall.
Would make sense that Flash is only 14” since he’s standing on a flat and just slightly elevated treadmill base. Aquaman and Superman am sure (if you were planning to collect this line) would be too big.

I collect mostly female statues but at this price point I can’t pass up owning the Big 7 at least. Might even expand to collecting the entire Satellite era plus Shazam depending on how good those come out to be. Am already in for those with the Tweeterhead line.
senseimaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 03:59 AM   #85
UTDWalker
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

This looks awesome. Pass for me as I can’t bring myself to pay £429 for a 1/6 Scale but congrats to all the Flash fans out there who rarely get what they want in the statue game.
UTDWalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2019, 06:39 AM   #86
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

XM Studios News

"XM Studios is excited to present our next 1:6 DC Premium Collectibles DC Rebirth series statue, The Flash! The Fastest Man Alive is immortalized in amazingly detailed 1:6 scale cold-cast porcelain. Each painstakingly handcrafted statue is individually hand-painted with the famous XM quality finish.

Size matters, but Quality even more so! The new XM DC 1:6 line is specially designed for collectors who desire more space-friendly collectibles, without compromising on the incredible details and quality of larger collectible pieces. At 1:6 scale, XM's creative direction is to showcase more abilities, powers and essence of the characters in a bold, dynamic and story telling style. The new XM 1:6 DC line will amaze you with the details you don't expect at this scale. Smaller scale, smaller boxes, more affordable shipping and pricing means you can fit more of these incredibly detailed collectibles into your collection!

The mysterious power known as the Speed Force is an energy field that has, over the centuries, granted incredible powers of velocity to certain heroes. The most famous of these is the Flash, also known as the Fastest Man Alive. The Flash has mastery over not just speed, but time itself, and he has often used his powers to travel though different eras and even into other dimensions. Although the Flash has not always been fast enough to outrun personal tragedy when it has come for him, he always does his best to prevent the same from happening to the people of Central City and Keystone City. In so doing, he's earned himself a spot among the greatest Super Heroes the DC Universe has ever known."

XM Studios Premium Collectibles Facebook

GHeroes European Master Distributor Facebook

GrumpyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2019, 10:28 AM   #87
Mister H
Gen 13

Hey Grumpy, do you know if he can be displayed without the blue swirl effect or not?
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2019, 10:40 AM   #88
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

Mh, i doubt and would say no. I mean you can, but i don´t think they have a replacement part for the holes. It´s an important part from the concept and story.
GrumpyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2019, 11:04 AM   #89
Mister H
Gen 13

Flash is fantastic and the treadmill was a great idea. I don’t think I would mind the holes showing though. IMO the blue takes away something from Flash. Still an amazing piece though.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2019, 12:46 PM   #90
Mepaphoros

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
Flash is fantastic and the treadmill was a great idea. I don’t think I would mind the holes showing though. IMO the blue takes away something from Flash. Still an amazing piece though.
It makes the colors pop and gives more motion to the sculpt. I think it would look pretty bland without them...I definitely love this sculpt.