Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 08-21-2017, 01:47 AM   #441
Gothamite
Phoenix

Well...Kai Cole just slammed Joss Whedon pretty hard.

http://www.thewrap.com/joss-whedon-f...kai-cole-says/
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 03:29 AM   #442
SuperJ300
Zot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-a-tron View Post
I read something last week that said they ordered reshoots because an early cut of the film was quote "unwatchable", no idea if thats true or not or if that quote came from someone who matters or just some WB suit. It does not fill me with good feelings though.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mivUQe030oU

Any chance of Tim Burton coming back to help out??
SuperJ300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 05:57 AM   #443
Vracula
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperJ300 View Post
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mivUQe030oU

Any chance of Tim Burton coming back to help out??
Nicholas Cage as Superman and Johnny Depp as Aquaman and Helena Bonham Carter as Wonder Woman?
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 06:01 AM   #444
RichBamf
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Does anyone actually put any stock in these rumours...?

Wasn't at one point Hugo Weaving absolutely 100% confirmed to be in Avengers from far more reputable sites than these?

And I lf I recall, Angelina Jolie was 'confirmed as playing cat woman in the Nolan films!
RichBamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 12:16 AM   #445
Meta Jon
Daredevil

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichBamf View Post

Wasn't at one point Hugo Weaving absolutely 100% confirmed to be in Avengers from far more reputable sites than these?

And I lf I recall, Angelina Jolie was 'confirmed as playing cat woman in the Nolan films!
I think 90% of it is crap
But that's just me
Meta Jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 08:55 AM   #446
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichBamf View Post

I never heard she was confirmed, though she was rumored to be in the running.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meta Jon View Post
I think 90% of it is crap
But that's just me
I think there's usually some smidgen of truth to it. What I think happens with a lot of these rumors is that it gets blown out of proportion. It could have been that at some early screening some WB employee just didn't like it. That got around and suddenly it's "unwatchable".

Of course no one will ever confirm that.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 04:39 PM   #447
junta
Fantastic Four

More likely that someone just wants to stir the pot. The lack of any evidence or specifics deserves no acknowledgement (besides this statement), from me.
junta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 05:17 PM   #448
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

I've tuned out all the negativity being directed at this film and by extension the DCEU. It's pretty clear there is a massive bias out there and a lot of people who don't want to see this venture succeed. Some people are tired of the Superhero genre in general while others simply can't enjoy both the MCU and the DCEU and are determined to pit one against the other no matter what. Frankly I've grown tired of it. I'll let the film speak for itself in a few months time.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 05:30 PM   #449
Meta Jon
Daredevil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
I've tuned out all the negativity being directed at this film and by extension the DCEU. It's pretty clear there is a massive bias out there and a lot of people who don't want to see this venture succeed. Some people are tired of the Superhero genre in general while others simply can't enjoy both the MCU and the DCEU and are determined to pit one against the other no matter what. Frankly I've grown tired of it. I'll let the film speak for itself in a few months time.
well said
Meta Jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 10:51 PM   #450
Meteor Man
Imperial Guardsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
Of course, the only way to tell if the film is good is to watch it. I hope this movie is amazing. My comments were made because this is a discussion board, a forum to speak your mind.

I'm not saying you do this HB, because I don't think you do, but I've been on this forum for quite a long time, and it seems like more and more people don't want someone to have a different opinion than they do. We used to get into some great discussions on Statue Forum, but I see more and more posts that just flat out attack someone and trash them if their opinion is different than that of the attacker. It's kind of sad to see. I'm hoping this trend lessens and the discussions can be more respectful.
Meteor Man is offline   Reply With Quote