Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 08-06-2017, 04:53 PM   #721
WolverineFan
I am da law!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirrapro1 View Post
It's not hard you just need proper shelf with enough depth and height. Lots of homes have these types of ledges built into walls. I only have few 1/4 scales I'm not stressing I think if I had 10+ statues in quarter it would be an issue. It's too unique of a piece not to get as I don't want to chase this later on.
Yeah this is going to be really expensive in the after market. That's why I pre ordered this immediately when it became available. The price is already jumping. I seen it for $2500 when it started around $2100
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 04:57 PM   #722
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by aa909 View Post
I think this is the first time it's been painted up so I'm sharing my opinion of what I see. It's great that you guys like it, but after seeing this pic I prefer the design of the movie version to this. I think IA's movie version is superior to this, and if I ultimately decide I really want a HB I'll likely pick that one up.

BTW, you guys need to take a deep breath and allow folks to have counter opinions on the XM forum. Just an observation but too many guys here come across as very defensive when others don't jump on the bandwagon with every XM piece and that seems to be a common trend on this forum.
So what you are saying is you like the movie version of the armor better than the comic one? Can't argue on that as that is about like...I'm just strictly speaking from what you get for the price (around the same price as IA)...and the creativity and fluidity of Hulkbuster.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 05:00 PM   #723
loricstone
Kang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remember Me? View Post
This is exactly why I didn't PO this. First, we are paying a premium for it. Second, it is going to cost a ton to ship it. Third, almost impossible to display this. Yes, it is very impressive, but not practical for most collectors.
No more practical than the IA Hulkbuster. That's over 2K as well. Shipping is a beast on that! So...the bottom line is...if anyone wants a Hulkbuster...they are going to come out of the butt with money...lol.
Old 08-06-2017, 05:02 PM   #724
loricstone
Kang

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
Coming from someone who is getting Namor Monday and Hulkbuster. I really am just winging it. I was thinking of putting hulkbuster on top of my refrigerator no joke lol. Not sure about Namor yet but I'll figure something out. I always do
No joke...that's not going to be big enough!
Old 08-12-2017, 06:51 PM   #725
ygfamily21
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

it's still july 2017... sigh..
ygfamily21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 07:39 PM   #726
Comicbookguy
Hercules

This iron man hulk blows away the 3k other version that came out a year ago. With this coming who would even want the last one?
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 05:05 PM   #727
Nebulhym
The X-Men

Quote:
Yeah this is going to be really expensive in the after market. That's why I pre ordered this immediately when it became available. The price is already jumping. I seen it for $2500 when it started around $2100
Pre order? Where was it available to pre order?
Nebulhym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 07:06 PM   #728
MrJones
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Coming from someone who is getting Namor Monday and Hulkbuster. I really am just winging it. I was thinking of putting hulkbuster on top of my refrigerator no joke lol. Not sure about Namor yet but I'll figure something out. I always do
That is doing a statue a disservice right there!

You know what is on top of most fridges? No one knows and no one cares. You need to get yourself a display.
MrJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 07:32 PM   #729
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Isn't this made to order? So we don't know how many bought this yet? And it won't be hard to get I suppose because po won't get to the max 1000 right? This is the coolest looking xm piece since cable and GR.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 08:00 PM   #730
loricstone
Kang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comicbookguy View Post
Isn't this made to order? So we don't know how many bought this yet? And it won't be hard to get I suppose because po won't get to the max 1000 right? This is the coolest looking xm piece since cable and GR.
Yes, it appears Hulkbuster will indeed hit the 999 ES mark...or somewhere close to it. I don't know what it is about Iron Man...but collectors go ape crap over it.

Hulkbuster sold like hotcakes at the couple cons it has been up for PO. It is still going to be available to anyone that can attend the Lucca Italy convention in November.