Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 04-10-2016, 09:32 PM   #201
bObA_fEtt_Ox
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopCultureShock View Post
I think we have mined Filmation as far as we can go.

Even though sales werent great i felt we had to at least get through the heavy hitters, and we did. I feel I did my part for Filmation Master of the Universe and its time to part ways. However, i have a feeling there may be someone else willing to give it a shot...

I had hope She-Ra would have been a home run which would have given me confidence to move forward with at least Mer-Man. But we still have some left and truthfully, if She-Ra cant sell out a small 250 EX ES then I have no hopes for Mer-Man being able to hit the numbers needed.
Hey Jerry thank you for your reply.
You made a so awesome job on these statues, I bought any of them and that was a dream came true.
So thank you so much for what you did so far.

I fully understand you cannot take a risk, I read what you said about the money involved to make a prototype and all the spending hours.

I really hope when you are saying : "However, i have a feeling there may be someone else willing to give it a shot..." there is still a hope for Mer-man.

Shera is a great character and you absolutely needed to make her.
But I do think MOTU has more fans than POP.
For example in that poll, Mer-man is first with almost 70% and Catra comes 2nd with 33%
And she is a very well demanded POP character though.
But not as much as a MOTU character as Mer-man.
That's the same with MOTUC classic line. There is no comparison between POP and MOTU.
bObA_fEtt_Ox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 11:17 PM   #202
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlizAbef View Post
Should've tried to get that Skeletor/Panthor out before Sideshow got their Skeletor out. At least concepts or something man. So Thundercats are dead, MOTU is dead, Robocop is dead, and unless a Dread 2 comes along, I'm sure Judge Dredd will be dead soon too. Perhaps the hobby in general too. ...
Yep no way this arm's race can continue.
If the He-Man as the granddaddy of selling toys to boys can't make it I don't know what other old scool licenses can.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 01:06 AM   #203
FriendlySamurai
Luke Cage

Quote:
I think our He-Man & Battlecat will display very nicely without a companion Skeletor and Panthor. I dont think not having a Skeletor in any way degrades the He-Man/BC.

Im glad you didnt go off the wall with the character designs, I think its just that the SS release was so overhyped- they are barely even motu imo

I dont know much about licensing and time requirements etc and I understand the problem with releasing these now- but I wonder if the set could be revisited at a later date, maybe in a couple years after the SS pieces have come and gone and the wow factor is once again available for the taking?
FriendlySamurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 01:43 AM   #204
Doctor Doom
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

I WANT MER-MAN FROM JERRY!!
Doctor Doom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 03:10 AM   #205
bObA_fEtt_Ox
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Doom View Post
I WANT MER-MAN FROM JERRY!!
I want it too so badly !!!

And on he-man.org so many collectors want it too !
I am sure it will be sell very well.

That should be the last one because there is a huge difference between him and the other possible characters last it hs been noticed in the poll ( I created a poll with the last 35 possible choices in Filmation )

Actually Mer-Man got 70% then Catra is second with only 33% and almost all the other ones only got between 10% and 20%.

Actually Horde trooper got the second place, equally place with Catra.

So if Mer-man si going to sell very well, and I am sure he will, there could be possible slots for Catra or Horde trooper.

I am sure Jerry would do again a pure beauty with all of them
Old 04-11-2016, 03:17 AM   #206
bObA_fEtt_Ox
Hydra

MER-MAN !!!
Old 04-11-2016, 04:15 AM   #207
bonedaddy77
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Bummed out no Skeletor coming. Guess I am happy to at least have the life size bust. I never cared for the Filmation stuff in quarter scale but liked the idea of more detailed mixed media close to original designs. Really thought it'd sell more. Guess I'll definitely be getting into the sideshow line even though they are little more stylized than I'd like.
bonedaddy77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 05:30 AM   #208
Otter
Justice League

I know Jerry has effecticvely put the nail in the coffin here...

.. but as a last desperate attempt to invoke some reconsideration:

Isn't Sideshow's edition- size for Skeletor much greater than He-Man? Of all the characters in the franchise, I feel he's the most popular.

And when Sideshow's Skeletor was announced a lot of people saying they didn't care for the direction they had gone and wanted something more traditional.

I can't see a lot of people turning out for Panthor, but a more classically-styled Skeletor than what Sideshow is offering? I think there is definitely a market for that.

But I respect that PCS can't make business decisions based on what I think.

Full disclosure: I have pre-ordered Sideshow's, but I was definitely going to get PCS's Skeletor as well (Panthor I only would have bought if I could only get Skeletor in a set). And I'd pay more than what PCS are asking for He-Man.
Otter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 05:37 AM   #209
Otter
Justice League

Quote:
I dont see how a KS campaign is any different than our regular pre-orders.

It still requires us to spend tens of thousands on a prototype and thats the stickler.

I dont think everyone realizes how much it costs to create a licensed prototype for a Skeletor/Panthor. Easy $30k-40k

Also, you cant just do a kickstarter campaign with a big name licensed property. It requires a lot of legal and political maneuvering.

Creating these pieces as a legitimate business is not like the people doing it as an unlicensed hobby. There is a lot more at stake and a lot more hurdles to jump.

What about a pre-order period like Matty Collector did with Castle Grayskull a few years ago? Commitments were made based on a drawing (from what I recall). I didn't need to see a prototype, I trusted the Horsemen... as I trust you guys.
Otter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 06:09 AM   #210
Drakull
Sailor Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otter View Post
What about a pre-order period like Matty Collector did with Castle Grayskull a few years ago? Commitments were made based on a drawing (from what I recall). I didn't need to see a prototype, I trusted the Horsemen... as I trust you guys.
I would be in for that !
Drakull is offline   Reply With Quote