Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Blizzard / Weta

Old 11-17-2022, 12:48 PM   #21
Xenoburger
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yojimbo View Post
Yea that Thrall statue was on an incredible sale for a bit before it sold out. Kicking myself for not getting it. I wanted a more classic look (face), but in hindsight I should have got him to pair with the others. He was exceptionally well done. The face wasn?t a problem (because it was spot on to the reference material) but it wasn?t the Thrall I wanted to see. My loss.
It depends on the depiction of thrall. I don't like his fat, goofy face in the most recent cinematics, which this sculpted face most closely resembles I guess.

I could have sworn I read somewhere that this statue's portrait was supposed to be based on this classic piece of artwork, in which, he looks far more intimidating and heroic, and has a lot more detail in his face:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
Yeah, I caved on half off Thrall too. The portrait is a little goofy, but he's so well done I have no regrets there.
I have him displayed up high right now, so the silliness of his face is a bit hidden. Allows me to appreciate the statue so much more. They really hit it out of the park in all other regards. Grom is the only other Blizzard statue I have. I think Thrall is superior, though the armor on Grom is very impressive.
Xenoburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2022, 08:30 PM   #22
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
Arthas wasn't worth it even at 50% off, but I could see me getting this at 50% off. But that'll never happen..... have any statues on the new website ever gone on sale?

Maybe once she ends up on the fanatics.com site we'll get her on sale.
Speaking of, has anyone used the fanatics site recently? I tried, and my orders were accepted then immediately denied/refunded. None of their customer support phone numbers work either. Are they dead? I still get sale emails from them.....
SDguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2022, 11:08 AM   #23
MechWestern
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Ha weird! I haven't been there in ages. Hated them... HATED lol
MechWestern is offline   Reply With Quote