Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 01-31-2023, 03:27 PM   #551
HERMAN59000
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Talent View Post
My package has finally arrived gonna give you a definitive unbiased review since this is my first P1 item I am neither a P1 fanboy or hater.
@Y3E
@marker2037
@Silas Loki
I know you guys were dying to see my review

Box and shipping,

My fedex delivery driver dropped the package from a standing position so I grabbed all the other 3 boxes from his truck since he was too dumb to use a cart (which he had in his truck)
I checked the box for any damage but only has 1 corner damaged (courtesy of delivery man), statue was unharmed.
The statue itself is bigger than I thought, I really like the size of this statue my first 1/3 and from now on I will only get 1/3 scale.

Cape:
the fabric has a very nice silk like texture very nice bright colors, the stars however are poor because they fall off very easily.
An extra Wired cape would have been nice so we could play around with displaying it.

Face:
Took me a while to see what the issue is why she looks off, her forehead is protuding too much.
From the view above and side view its very noticable.
Some serious Redness in the middle of her forehead shaped like half a circle Idk what they were trying to do.
Looks what happens when you press something against your forehead and leave a reddish mark.

Eyes:
my came in cross eyed even from a distance it is noticable, from up close it is even worse, contacted SIdeshow and P1 about this...unacceptable!
the eyes on my piece are glossy they have that nice sparkle with just the littlest of light.

Eyelashes:
Very nice shading the makeup the eye lashes very well done, don't see any glue marks either.
Impressive how they did this, the upper Eyelashes are made of fabric, the lower part is painted on.

Teeth:
I mean they are so small it doesnt bother me that the front teeth have a red line between them.
I never seen a red line between teeth before, but like I said they are so small i dont look it at is that much.

Lips:
very nice glossy beautifull paint job on the lips very impressive! Corners of her mouth equally as perfect.
Very reminiscent of Lynda in 'Bobby joe and the outlaw' and her photoshoots for Maybelinne which I have (1 of my prized Carter photobooks)

Ears:
decent paintjob seems very basic on that area, probably a hard to reach area, but still very decent.
Earstuds are also nice and glossy red.

Hair:
hair is nicely done I like how you can seem many strands and some hair is curling outward.
Don't know what the hair is made of but some parts you can slightly move which is very cool, it came with a type of safety foame between her head and back you can wiggle slowly to remove.
From the back you can see the volume of the hair also very nice.
1 small complaint is the right side sideburn it's like something I have, the one on the left is what Lynda carter has.

Skin:
Nicely done overall, her legs have a more greyish color compared to her torso.
reason why is because in the show she wore those greyish ''Stockings'' yes they were called stockings in her time (I am not old I am just obsessed with that era)

Boots:
very nice, love the texture done on it, love the almost bone white on the boots used alot in the 70's and the red has a very nice color and the paint on the folds of the booth very realistic.
Zipper on it also very nice, you can see the nice metallic shine on the silver.

Costume:
Very nice, love the gold eagle on it VERY similar to the actual thing, I own part of the Eagle wings worn by lynda carter I got from propstore.com and P1 did a great job.
In real life the wings have actual golf leaf on it so its very shiny, the gold used on the costume is more matte.
Love the blue on the shorts and the creases, the effect is very realistic.

Lasso:
Her Lasso is also very nice again the texture they did one it is amazing, it is not polystone its almost rubbery so nice little addition by them.

Bracelets and Crown:
crown is nice but the bracelets are very matte effect, in the tv series it was VERY shiny.
HOWEVER it can be solved with some bright white lighting Love Love the red star and red jewel on it very shiny.

Base:
The logo she stands upon is very nice not a single thing I can complain about, just perfect.
Comes with a black WW eagle logo you can put on the back.
I wish that black WW EAGLY would be painted, would have been MUCH better if it was painted.

I had high hopes for this one since I am a huge Carter fan I collect all of her stuff no matter the cost
I am glad I received it because I learned some valuable lessons:

-I am now a 1/3 scale only collector, and life size busts.
No more 1/4 for me

-Will wait for some in-hand images before purchasing.

-And lastly that I can use Lighting to make it look better, even though the statue should come as a 100% likeness to the prototype (JND for example does a perfect job with that)
I will buy some nice bright lights so the gold will have that shiny effect.

Overall I would rate this statue a 7/10
The make-up is a little too pronounced on your model. here's what it looks like for me.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WW.JPG
Views:	169
Size:	85.9 KB
ID:	158637  
HERMAN59000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2023, 08:30 PM   #552
TruckerJoe
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Nice review and a 7 out of 10 rating is about right far from perfect but not a failure either.
I'm happy I bought her.
TruckerJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2023, 11:26 AM   #553
pdenham
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by HERMAN59000 View Post
The make-up is a little too pronounced on your model. here's what it looks like for me.
I would be ecstatic if the one I'm (eventually) supposed to get looks just like that.
One big thing I hate about this area of collecting is how much of a lottery it still is at these price points. Easier to get something with issues rather than not. If your piece doesn't have any- congratulations, you're one of the big winners!

I was hoping I would have had this to put up during the Christmas season, when I'm in an even more sentimental mood than usual.
I'd kept a spot open for it that's since been filled by another new acquisition.
At this point, no matter when Secret Compass gets it to me, it's probably not going to have a chance to be displayed until this next Christmas anyway.

With the way shipping prices are these days, I'm not minding waiting on this. If I had my way, I'd happily push it out three or four more months.
No hurry here at all. Though out of the other several things I'm waiting on, it's the one I'm still most enthusiastic about.
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2023, 03:11 PM   #554
greenknight
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdenham View Post
I would be ecstatic if the one I'm (eventually) supposed to get looks just like that.
One big thing I hate about this area of collecting is how much of a lottery it still is at these price points. Easier to get something with issues rather than not. If your piece doesn't have any- congratulations, you're one of the big winners!

I was hoping I would have had this to put up during the Christmas season, when I'm in an even more sentimental mood than usual.
I'd kept a spot open for it that's since been filled by another new acquisition.
At this point, no matter when Secret Compass gets it to me, it's probably not going to have a chance to be displayed until this next Christmas anyway.

With the way shipping prices are these days, I'm not minding waiting on this. If I had my way, I'd happily push it out three or four more months.
No hurry here at all. Though out of the other several things I'm waiting on, it's the one I'm still most enthusiastic about.
I emailed Secret Compass regarding my pre-order and received a reply on 12/30/2022 stating that she was en route and they expected her in 4 - 6 weeks. 6 weeks from then would be 2/10/2023 so I'm hoping she arrives in the next week or so (at least to Secret Compass).

When I pre-ordered her from Secret Compass it said "free shipping" although based on her pre-order price it seemed like shipping was already "calculated in". This is the first time I've pre-ordered from Secret Compass. I'm hoping additional shipping will not be tacked onto my remaining total when she arrives. Maybe someone with experience pre-ordering from Secret Compass can share their experience(s)?
greenknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2023, 08:50 PM   #555
pdenham
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenknight View Post
I emailed Secret Compass regarding my pre-order and received a reply on 12/30/2022 stating that she was en route and they expected her in 4 - 6 weeks. 6 weeks from then would be 2/10/2023 so I'm hoping she arrives in the next week or so (at least to Secret Compass).
When I posted that, I fully expected to see an email from SC in my inbox a few hours later, telling me it was due in shortly and "here's your invoice"
Que sera sera.

I don't recall any free shipping language when I placed my order. I'm guessing if that's a thing, it must have been for very early pre-orders.
I put mine in fairly late, and only after Gem Mint's video posted.

If this is coming in batches to SC, I may not be seeing it this soon after all.
Old 02-02-2023, 12:28 AM   #556
greenknight
The Spirit

Quote:
When I posted that, I fully expected to see an email from SC in my inbox a few hours later, telling me it was due in shortly and "here's your invoice"
Que sera sera.

I don't recall any free shipping language when I placed my order. I'm guessing if that's a thing, it must have been for very early pre-orders.
I put mine in fairly late, and only after Gem Mint's video posted.

If this is coming in batches to SC, I may not be seeing it this soon after all.
I emailed Secret Compass to specifically ask if they had any updates on her arrival since the estimated arrival on their website was very out of date (like a year out of date). That's the only reason I received that information. I don't think they would have told me if I hadn't prompted them with that email.
Old 03-03-2023, 12:28 AM   #557
pdenham
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenknight View Post
I emailed Secret Compass to specifically ask if they had any updates on her arrival since the estimated arrival on their website was very out of date (like a year out of date). That's the only reason I received that information. I don't think they would have told me if I hadn't prompted them with that email.
We're now two weeks past that 4-6 week estimate they gave you, and they've completely removed any estimated shipping time frame reference on the product or my order page.

Not sure what to think now.
Old 03-03-2023, 08:20 AM   #558
greenknight
The Spirit

Quote:
We're now two weeks past that 4-6 week estimate they gave you, and they've completely removed any estimated shipping time frame reference on the product or my order page.

Not sure what to think now.
I emailed them on 2/14/2023 and they replied saying that the shipment was delayed by Chinese New Years and that it's still on the water. I then asked if they had a guess as to the new time frame and they said they are hoping 3 - 6 weeks from then. That was on 2/15/2023. By my calculations that would be in the 3/8/2023 - 3/29/2023 window. We'll see...
Old 03-04-2023, 07:06 AM   #559
pdenham
Teen Titans

Thanks for being the one to bug them

Alright. To the end of the month it is. I'm still in no hurry to have it to display. It's just a loose end I'd like to tie up, and clear off the books.
I'm also eager to know what the final hit is going to be.
Old 03-31-2023, 05:52 PM   #560
greenknight
The Spirit

Quote:
Thanks for being the one to bug them

Alright. To the end of the month it is. I'm still in no hurry to have it to display. It's just a loose end I'd like to tie up, and clear off the books.
I'm also eager to know what the final hit is going to be.
Just received the payment request from Secret Compass today.