Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Iron Studios

Old 10-08-2022, 05:23 PM   #141
Ralek
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
I?m curious where this will go as well.

Like said, Splinter, Bebop, Rocksteady and Krang are likely.

This line seems to be mixed influenced, it?s a kinda realistic style but they?re using the classic cartoon costumes and colors, but updated.

It?d be interesting if they do Baxter (Fly or Cyborg?), Foot Soldier/Ninjas (humans or purple robots), Karai?will they deep dive into Rat King, Leatherhead, Super Shredder, pre Splinter Hamato Yoshi, Jennika? X-Men is going the mile but I don?t know if extended TMNT characters can be sustainable like Mojo, Albert, Sauron, etc are for X-Men.
Jennika? Interesting question.

I agree that they went for a mixed style between both realism and cartoonish elements, taken from both, E&L original designs as well as the cartoon (esp. April for sure). Hence I would not initally expect them to stray into IDW creations like Jennika or Old Hob.

That said, TMNT seems pretty popular right now. Not only the ongoing IDW run, but also The Last Ronin, which seems to be turning into it's own universe with further publications inboud. Plus the ongoing run is currently having a major event with fan-favourite Tom Waltz returning (I also enjoy Sophie Campbell btw).

Point being, I could imagine that the line will go through the usual suspects, as mentioned, than heads to other popular classic characters, and sales allowing, might eventually even venture into new and never forseen characters. Assuming their licensing even allows for that.

If so, I would kill for Alopex.

Then again, we do have Fariboles. Their entire line is based on the IDW ongoing. But they seem very niche outside Europe, so there might be enough room for both, esp. seeing as the employ different styles and work in different scales.

PS: Should have my Fariboles Raphi come in next week. Really hope that line takes off! :-) Their original Hellboy is still my absoute favourite take on the character. Though XM really came darn close as well!
Ralek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2022, 01:19 PM   #142
MegatronG1
The X-Men

Is that Casey Jones cosplaying as April?

The IDW comics.. people are actually into that? I had to drop it. It's obviously driven by the fandom, which has a uh, very different vision of TMNT than what I acquired growing up. Eastman seems to be okay with it, so whatever. It's just the old stuff for me.
MegatronG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2022, 12:36 PM   #143
Ralek
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegatronG1 View Post
The IDW comics.. people are actually into that? I had to drop it. It's obviously driven by the fandom, which has a uh, very different vision of TMNT than what I acquired growing up. Eastman seems to be okay with it, so whatever. It's just the old stuff for me.
Well, personally I am very much into it. It's easily one of my Top 5 comics runs of all time. And yeah, I do think it is better than the originals by a significant for many reasons. Without putting forth an entire essay, I'd just say it feels way more fleshed out, cohesive and certainly epic than ever before. I also just love the way even sidecharacters got actual personalities and character development. They also created cool and likeable new characters like Alopex who has a really touching origin and personal arc.

I know Sophie Campbell's run starting with #101 is "controversial", but I was not aware that the Waltz/Eastman run was. I mean, they pushed out 14 Hardcover Deluxe versions. They also keep reprinting them and most tellingly they did not renumber with #101 and Campbell taking over. I was pretty much under the impression that the first 200 issues (counting all the extended series that are directly tied into the main story) were pretty much universally acclaimed. At least to the degree such a thing is even possible in today's popculture landscape.

Eastman is probably not just okay with it, since he cocreated/wrote the whole thing with Waltz. I mean, he'd better be okay with ... what is in large part his own body of work. The IDW run takes tons of ideas from all previous TMNT runs, thus it is also in large part a remaster-of-Best-of-TMNT, so to speak :-)

With TMNT everything is alway relative to the incarnation you grew up with or with which you first bonded.
Ralek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2022, 10:48 AM   #144
Infinite GLORY
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Not sure how this was missed, but IS put Krang up on their Instagram as a reveal. I think he looks good. Will probably be very huge piece. Probably close in price to Juggernaut so maybe $250 - $275?

https://www.eknightmedia.com/media/c...31952786_9.jpg

Infinite GLORY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2022, 08:07 PM   #145
eternalblue02
What's another word for Thesaurus?

He’s $265 at BBTS. Only 7.60 inches high. I guess his width will make up for the squatty stature. Looks good though.

Edit: Sideshows got him up for $260 and they say he’s 9.8 inches high. That’s more like it.
eternalblue02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2022, 09:34 PM   #146
Infinite GLORY

I'm not sure if Splinter was revealed yet? But here he is!

Old 12-01-2022, 10:35 PM   #147
Jesse Custer
Hellboy

The Last Ronin concept art:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20221201-233351_WhatsApp.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	150.1 KB
ID:	156275  
Jesse Custer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2022, 10:37 PM   #148
Infinite GLORY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse Custer View Post
The Last Ronin concept art:
That's really cool. I'm sure it will be 1/10 scale but cool alternative to the PCS(?) 1/3 scale statue. It's basically the same pose.
Old 12-01-2022, 10:45 PM   #149
AlexLothos
What's another word for Thesaurus?

That Splinter is pretty badass!
AlexLothos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2022, 12:13 AM   #150
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Never had one bit of interest in Splinter as a character, let alone a statue, but that looks great. Might consider it depending how the turtles turn out.
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote