Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Infinity Studios / Gantaku / Queen Studios

Old 04-10-2022, 08:55 AM   #1
Shoo
Hercules

Queen Studios: Man of Steel - Superman (Henry Cavill) Life-Size Bust

Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2022, 09:04 AM   #2
Brandon
The X-Men

Over two years of teasing and they still don't have a "finished" product to show

But nonetheless I'm very excited for this. The likeness looks dead on so far. Also glad they went with the MOS movie as reference. That's probably my favorite representation of him.
Brandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2022, 09:48 AM   #3
Iko Iko
The InJustice League

Looks great so far. I've been waiting for the perfect Cavill likeness and this looks darn good.
Iko Iko is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2022, 10:14 AM   #4
pdenham
Teen Titans

This and the 1/4 Winter Solider Cap were the two new reveals that popped the most for me.

I'm not a fan of this version of the character, but I think the bust design here looks incredible. A sensational likeness and ideal tapering of the figure into the base.
The baby Kal-el is a cool little easter egg too.

My only pause would be his hair. Cavill's hairstyle/type is not the kind that makes it easy to do with punched in hair. It has some curl and wave to it that needs to be introduced after it's punched.
And you can't get there with just product. It going to need some hot styling to mold it into shape.
It would be so much easier to make it look accurate if that element were simply polystone.
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2022, 10:19 AM   #5
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

When I saw the baby - I braced myself for the "Arnold Schwarzenegger - Junior" jokes......

Wouldn't it be unconventional to sculpt hair on a 1:1 bust.....you might end up with the "Max Headroom" effect.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2022, 10:26 AM   #6
pdenham
Teen Titans

Yeah, sculpted hair won't happen. It would be the easier solution, but not the most cohesive looking one.
There's always trade offs.

Unless the face itself was polystone and they put their effort into a hyper realistic paint job.
Taking that route might allow for a more superior overall likeness, but at the cost of being slightly less realistic.
The sculpt is the primary thing, though, and from the render it looks like they've nailed that aspect.

Which do you think would be more satisfying for a 1:1 bust- the Tom Holland 1:4 scaled up to life-sizem but still all in polystone- or the silicon and rooted hair 1:1 TH they've actually made?

For Cavill's hair, the problem is that unless you put a lot of work into it, you get the Infinity solution- cut it short and slick it back. But it's still straight hair they are working with, which Cavill doesn't have and which is throwing off the likeness on that one.
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2022, 01:15 PM   #7
Shoo
Hercules

Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2022, 01:34 PM   #8
Iko Iko
The InJustice League

Jon from Queen said the little Kal baby would be silicone. Seems like overkill to me. This will be $5k when it is all said and done.
Iko Iko is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2022, 01:52 PM   #9
superdude
The X-Men

Eh I'd love a MOS bust since it's my favorite Cavill suit, but the design and pose on this just seems really uninspired to me.
superdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2022, 03:53 PM   #10
nearmint
Phoenix

Confirmed with John at QS, portrait is silicone, hair is rooted.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote