Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 03-13-2018, 02:07 PM   #21
MrYac
Hercules

is a 1:1 Krang "bust" too much to hope for?
MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 02:34 PM   #22
manboy
Sinister Six

As excited as I am for this, these lines have historically never gone beyond the turtles(I think one had a shredder). I hope that with PCS involved we can at least get the turtles, april, Splinter, Bebop and ROcksteady, Krang and Shredder. Anyone after would be amazing
manboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 02:49 PM   #23
qz33
Rescue

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrYac View Post
Yes but I'm with you.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 03:21 PM   #24
strife87
Spider-Ham

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrYac View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
Yes but I'm with you.
I'm there as well. I'd love a well done krang.

I'd like a full size shredder helmet as well.
strife87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 05:44 PM   #25
Blacksunn
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by manboy View Post
As excited as I am for this, these lines have historically never gone beyond the turtles(I think one had a shredder). I hope that with PCS involved we can at least get the turtles, april, Splinter, Bebop and ROcksteady, Krang and Shredder. Anyone after would be amazing
Don't forget the Mouser's.... LOL

I don't know I think the Turtles are WAAAY over done. SSC has done 2 versions, P1 and slew of others...

How many Turtles versions can one collect..... I agree PCS would be MUCH better off starting with some of the cast which hasn't been done.

Hopefully the Turtles will be reasonably priced to hook the community on the rest of the characters...
Blacksunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 05:57 PM   #26
Big Hulk
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacksunn View Post

I don't know I think the Turtles are WAAAY over done. SSC has done 2 versions, P1 and slew of others...

How many Turtles versions can one collect..... I agree PCS would be MUCH better off starting with some of the cast which hasn't been done.

Hopefully the Turtles will be reasonably priced to hook the community on the rest of the characters...

True but none have been true to the cartoon besides Ikon. TMNT was what I grew up on and is my favorite property. I don't have one single turtle statue because they weren't in the way that I remember them from the cartoon. The Ikon ones were okay but something was off about them. I plan to pick up these if they are true to the cartoon.
Big Hulk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 07:04 PM   #27
Darkhumor
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Someone needs to edit the title and specify these are for the 1987 cartoon versions. And yes, these will go beyond the 4 turtles as theres so many memorable characters from the series. And im sure theyre going to do a slow release of the 4 turtles while putting out villains in between, like they did with the popular characters in the HeMan filmation line. I for one plan on committing to every release like I did with the heman line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacksunn View Post

One can say the same about other popular characters- how many superman, batman, venom, akuma, etc can one collect? Its a mute point. People collect there favorite characters, multiple iterations. I for one have all the tmnt statues made, bar p1 ogre bay turtles, and ikonz terribley done cartoon versions. 87 tmnt will be the pinnacle of my tmnt collection.
Darkhumor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 07:28 PM   #28
qz33
Rescue

Blacksunn and I are of the same mind.

The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles were probably my largest toy collection but I don't feel it in this announcement, why?

Because there's been so much turtle stuff. Neca's impeccable movie and cartoon figures, Mondo's figures, Bandai’s Figuarts, Ikonz, DreamX's, GoodSmile's. Yeah not as many statues but still Sideshow's and Prime1's.

I just not "feeling" the demand. Could be there but I dunno.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 07:39 PM   #29
Darkhumor
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Who cares about toy figures? Not all of us care for or collect toys. The sole reason many people are in this hobby are for statues. Anything else aside from statues is irrelevant. Besides, you know how long people have been waiting and asking for the classic cartoons to be made? Its been long overdue.
Darkhumor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 10:25 PM   #30
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakasashe View Post
Usagi Yojimbo please!
I'm not a cartoon fan, but I'd like an Usagi. That version would be acceptable. I find it hard to believe he'd be possible in this deal though.

Any confirmation either way, redant (or Jerry)?
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote