Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > ARH Studios

Old 02-02-2016, 08:53 PM   #381
|Tch0rT|
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Even though this is my first statue and I've been drooling over it like an impatient kid on Christmas morning since I first saw production pics in July 2014, I'm ok with a delay as long as it means it the final production pieces end up looking like the prototype as much as possible.
|Tch0rT| is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 11:35 PM   #382
Wombat
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

I received a second reply to my email saying the same thing. That probably means some other person gets no reply.
Wombat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 12:55 AM   #383
Outlaw44
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilky View Post
They should offer refunds to anyone who asks, due to how long the delays have been. That would actually be the right thing to do.
On their site the official policy is 18 months from order date your entitled to a refund if they haven't shipped it out yet.

My 18 months will fall somewhere in April I think.
Outlaw44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 06:09 PM   #384
akitadad
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

I just finished a quick scan back through a number of threads regarding DD1, and was looking for an explanation for the original issues which caused the long delay in production. Were there problems about the molds,resin, finish? Was the painting bad? What happened with this piece, and is another factory producing them instead...A little shared information goes a long way
akitadad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 06:43 PM   #385
Valkyrie
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

I don't think the majority of us knows any more than you do.

For a long time, the explanation for the delay was because they were going to need more time for the improved styrofoam and it would be shipping "soon".

Then we heard it would be out in 1st quarter 2016.

Then we heard June-August according to a couple posts here.

You're probably better off emailing or calling them yourself with those same questions. See if that gets you anywhere. The sculptor visits here from time to time, but I'm not sure if he knows all the details or is at liberty to say.

On the bright side, they were showing off what was supposedly the factory sample in one of their latest vids.
Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 08:10 PM   #386
FriendlySamurai
Luke Cage

Ooooo wheres the vid? Sad to hear the Frazetta line is gonna end. Really glad I got in on this one. Barbarian looked sick, but Im just too short on fundage atm. Would be sweet if they'd keep making them but just space them way out
FriendlySamurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 08:31 PM   #387
Valkyrie
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FriendlySamurai View Post
Ooooo wheres the vid? Sad to hear the Frazetta line is gonna end. Really glad I got in on this one. Barbarian looked sick, but Im just too short on fundage atm. Would be sweet if they'd keep making them but just space them way out
Start watching here. There's factory samples of Atlantis, DD 1, DD 3, Huntress with Cats, Virgin of Mahar, and Barbarian.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BN3dAUD5Hhc&t=13m22s
Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 08:44 PM   #388
FriendlySamurai
Luke Cage

thanks man
FriendlySamurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 10:29 AM   #389
akitadad

Thanks Valkyrie , going to check out the video[s] you posted... The long wait is a pain in the ass but as long as the result is right, then its worth it. No one else is putting out 1/4 scale Frazetta pieces. Sorry to hear they will not be producing more of them. I know there are more than a few people who want a quarter scale 'Destroyer'
Old 02-20-2016, 11:30 AM   #390
akitadad

After viewing the videos , there were two things that stuck out about the Frazetta pieces. The paint on the Death Dealer and more particularly, the horse, appears too be much too flat. Color in horse fur is brilliant, even when it is black. It has a sheen from the fur and moisture. Horses sweat. The other thing that I noticed was that the eye slots on DDII are still not right.The raised metal at the top of the slots does nothing for the helmet..There's no menace in that visage...I guess everyone has their own idea of what works,this one doen't work for me