Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Diamond Select

Old 05-24-2020, 08:16 PM   #291
Indy1955
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG2045 View Post
No problem at all and thanks!

Wow awesome collection! And an amazing backdrop for it all to!

Are you planning to get any of the other DCAU ones? (I'm still hunting down a few to complete my collection, mainly Riddler & Scarecrow)
I actually have ALL the rest of the BTAS, Batman Beyond and of course Beware. Just didn’t want to crowd the case. Haven’t started any of the Superman/Justice League or the new stuff coming out. Not sure I want to. I had to pay through the nose to get some of the last ones in this set. GOOD LUCK completing yours. Patients is the key and plan to spend the money when they show up.
Indy1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 08:21 PM   #292
Indy1955
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrocodileRock View Post
Amazing set up and collection! I have something similar with my Dc Collectibles figures with the diamond select gotham Arkham Gate, btw did you paint the letters in white, grey or some other color? because they pop a lot more
Nice. I’d love to see your display. And you’re right. I had to lightly paint the “Arkham” letters to get them to stand out. Thanks.
Indy1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2020, 07:33 AM   #293
JAG2045
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy1955 View Post
I actually have ALL the rest of the BTAS, Batman Beyond and of course Beware. Just didn’t want to crowd the case. Haven’t started any of the Superman/Justice League or the new stuff coming out. Not sure I want to. I had to pay through the nose to get some of the last ones in this set. GOOD LUCK completing yours. Patients is the key and plan to spend the money when they show up.
Wow very cool! I love the Batman Beyond line (just bought the last one I needed - Unmasked Terry McGinnis ) and have gotten a few of the Superman ones, the only Justice League one I have currently got is Doomsday to go up against Superman

Thanks alot! A few months back I managed to finally get the Penguin who I had been hunting ages for, hopefully Riddler & Scarecrow will eventually be the same!
JAG2045 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 12:34 AM   #294
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

So today I went to my local LCS not looking for anything really . Wanted to get out it’s been a while since we got into a shop and I stumble on some seriously rare and brand new pieces .

Mr Freeze
Phantasym Masked
Penguin
Riddler (2)
Bane
Catwoman
Mr Freeze

Asking price sealed in their boxes $ 69.99 Canadian . I bought them all
Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 03:56 AM   #295
JAG2045

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby1938 View Post
So today I went to my local LCS not looking for anything really . Wanted to get out it’s been a while since we got into a shop and I stumble on some seriously rare and brand new pieces .

Mr Freeze
Phantasym Masked
Penguin
Riddler (2)
Bane
Catwoman
Mr Freeze

Asking price sealed in their boxes $ 69.99 Canadian . I bought them all
Wow congrats on your good find! those are def some of the hardest to find ones of the series!
Old 05-27-2020, 07:23 AM   #296
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

I’ll post pictures today
Old 05-27-2020, 03:05 PM   #297
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

So yesterday after being locked down since early March I went hunting in and out of all local LCS in my general geographic area . Not many prizes to claim and my last stop was furthest drive but I went ahead and stayed positive . I walk in and this shop is well known in greater Toronto area for having great statue selections . I walked down an isle and a Mr Freeze bust caught my eye. I’ve known a little about Animated bust line but honestly it was very low end entry level collectable imo and never ever thought twice about them.

I had SS Freeze PF on preorder so I decided to buy the Freeze bust at $69.99 Canadian . That was full asking for him. I went home I put him inside an ikea cabinet that I shared space with for my Spiderman funkos . I noticed immediately I had a lot of open unused space . I made plans to go back and purchase the remainder on the same line up of busts . I had no knowledge of value or collectibility. I started digging around google and forum pages and realized I may have just scored on some really htf busts.

Total cost on my haul $ 470.00 Canadian . This included Mr Freeze, 2x Riddlers , Catwoman , Bane, Penguin , Poison Ivey, Phantasym masked version . Not bad considering that Freeze sells for that on his own.

Here are some pics from the store they still many Justice league pieces like Superman , Batman , Robin , Flash , Wonder Woman , Aquaman , Batman Beyond I have no clue which of these are htf if anyone knows please let me know .

Side note I noticed on bottom of both Riddler boxes there was no number but on busts they were 314/3000 & 319/3000. Some these busts may be rare because by the time they got to end of this line sales dropped drastically . I remember a playmates TMNT line in early 2000s where this exact thing happened . What was unpopular and very cheap to buy at the time is now considered a grail TMNT set. Numbers on boxes say ES of 5000 but collectors seem to agree on last two releases that actual number is tiny . Possibly only couple hundred out of 5000.

I’m comparing the two and I can’t prove this but it may explain why some of these busts are super htf . They are very cool for “ low end “ collectable . They capture the cartoon perfectly
Old 05-27-2020, 03:35 PM   #298
JAG2045

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby1938 View Post
So yesterday after being locked down since early March I went hunting in and out of all local LCS in my general geographic area . Not many prizes to claim and my last stop was furthest drive but I went ahead and stayed positive . I walk in and this shop is well known in greater Toronto area for having great statue selections . I walked down an isle and a Mr Freeze bust caught my eye. I’ve known a little about Animated bust line but honestly it was very low end entry level collectable imo and never ever thought twice about them.

I had SS Freeze PF on preorder so I decided to buy the Freeze bust at $69.99 Canadian . That was full asking for him. I went home I put him inside an ikea cabinet that I shared space with for my Spiderman funkos . I noticed immediately I had a lot of open unused space . I made plans to go back and purchase the remainder on the same line up of busts . I had no knowledge of value or collectibility. I started digging around google and forum pages and realized I may have just scored on some really htf busts.

Total cost on my haul $ 470.00 Canadian . This included Mr Freeze, 2x Riddlers , Catwoman , Bane, Penguin , Poison Ivey, Phantasym masked version . Not bad considering that Freeze sells for that on his own.

Here are some pics from the store they still many Justice league pieces like Superman , Batman , Robin , Flash , Wonder Woman , Aquaman , Batman Beyond I have no clue which of these are htf if anyone knows please let me know .

Side note I noticed on bottom of both Riddler boxes there was no number but on busts they were 314/3000 & 319/3000. Some these busts may be rare because by the time they got to end of this line sales dropped drastically . The store owner couldn’t wait to sell these to me and dropped to $ 55.00 Canadian a piece . I remember a playmates TMNT line in early 2000s where this exact thing happened . What was unpopular and very cheap to buy at the time is now considered a grail TMNT set. Numbers on boxes say ES of 5000 but collectors seem to agree on last two releases that actual number is tiny . Possibly only couple hundred out of 5000.

I’m comparing the two and I can’t prove this but it may explain why some of these busts are super htf . They are very cool for “ low end “ collectable . They capture the cartoon perfectly
Wow congrats on finding them all! I wish I could go into one of my LCS's and find even one of the DCAU Busts! (I've only ever seen the first Batman one and Ras Al Ghul in store)

And awesome pics, thanks for sharing
Old 05-27-2020, 05:44 PM   #299
DSTZach
Distributor

Great haul!
DSTZach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 06:15 PM   #300
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

Anybody that has

Man Bat
Scarecrow
Clay Face

And wants to make a few bucks please pm me. I’m willing to pay fair aftermarket on them