Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Giclees/Lithos/Prints/Posters

Old 07-11-2015, 12:53 PM   #761
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by FROBAY View Post
Yeah, I did. Tuesday I had some passes and a place to stay kinda land in my lap but I decided to forgo the expensive trip and use the funds for a Cinemaquette Hulk and Iron Man.
Nicely done! I would have loved to have gone this year for the BvS extravaganza but you are on point with the math, why pay to fight the crowd when you can just use the funds to buy all the sweet things on display later?
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 09:24 AM   #762
FROBAY
Phoenix

I will be working on tubes starting Monday. I'll be doing a few each day after work. A few people owe domestic and international shipping. Quotes will go out as I'm tubing and weighing. I will tube the dark Guardians with the international orders to save them money from having multiple tubes. I will email everyone as I put together their tube/tubes confirming their order and number.
FROBAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 08:34 PM   #763
FROBAY
Phoenix

FROBAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 08:58 PM   #764
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Arrow ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey everyone. As you know we are in the process of getting your Avengers prints shipped out to you over the next couple weeks now that we have them in hand and Alex has had a chance to sign them.

On another note, I'm sure by now you are all aware of the problems we encountered with the previous printer. In shifting from Nakatomi Inc to Lady Lazarus Press we incurred some additional costs on our end as the amount we collected for the project was based on the bid from Nakatomi Inc. which was less than what Lady Lazarus Press charges. In addition to that we had to have them make some other unplanned modifications to the artwork to insure we could deliver the best print possible. Both FROBAY and myself covered this expense personally out of pocket. In the end we think it was worth it as these turned out great. I guess you get what you pay for. Bottom line is the last thing we wanted to do is come back to the group and ask for more money to make up for the shortfall but we also couldn't afford to absorb the hit personally. So in an effort to recoup our additional expenditure we decided to print a small run of unnumbered Black and White prints and offer them to the group. We felt this was the best plan as it gives you guys back a little something extra too.

Below are the details on the B&Ws
  • We have 8 Avengers B&Ws.
  • These are unnumbered/unsigned test prints.
  • We are asking $60 for them.
  • Purchase is open to anyone who bought an Avengers print.
  • If we have more than 8 interested parties we will draw names to determine who they go to.
  • These will be shipped in your Avengers tube if you ordered either of those or your Dark Guardians tube if you ordered that.
  • Max prints per tube is 3 so if you have other Avengers prints or a Dark Guardians coming too please take this into consideration.
  • If a separate tube is needed to ship this to you we will charge a flat $15 + $5 for the tube if you're in the CONUS.
  • International shipping will be determined on the actual shipping cost.
  • We will be taking names to see who is interested.
  • Simply post your name after this message if you are interested.
  • We will stop taking names on Thursday at 3PM PST.
  • Feel free to post any questions you may have.

Last edited by Hellboy; 07-14-2015 at 02:08 AM.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 09:35 PM   #765
candyrocket786
Suicide Squad

Put my name in the hat.
candyrocket786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 01:48 AM   #766
DRL
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

DRL

Interested in this as well
DRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 12:46 AM   #767
chibioy
Frackin!

Interested in the B&W as well
chibioy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 01:04 AM   #768
Nidgit
Love me sexy
Adamantium Plus Member

I'm in guys, but really only to help cover the additional cost.

If it works out that you have enough interest then I'm happy to be bumped off the list as well.

Having said that, you two guys (Hellboy & Frobay) should not be out of pocket at all (considering the time and effort put in for which you get nothing anyway).

Please PM me if I can help
Nidgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 10:22 PM   #769
mwooten45
Doh!

If these go out to non commission. I would be interested in getting one.
mwooten45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 09:47 AM   #770
dechirico7
The Flash

You guys will probably laugh at this, but you could make a lot of money on bw prints. Sell them as adult coloring pages. Adult coloring books are a huge thing right now for stress relief. There is even a Game of Thrones coloring book coming out soon. If I didn't have three prints coming I would totally get one of these just to color.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote