Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Diamond Select

Old 01-31-2022, 04:38 AM   #441
extracomputer.1
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeachFuzz View Post
What's the story with the dinosaur fossil base on the Dr Doom statue?
Got mine today and it Is a very odd base for the character. Excellent rendition of him though. I am happy with it as it looks much better than most of the expensive polystone ones I have seen.
extracomputer.1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2022, 09:30 AM   #442
alterton
Sculptor
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by extracomputer.1 View Post
Got mine today and it Is a very odd base for the character. Excellent rendition of him though. I am happy with it as it looks much better than most of the expensive polystone ones I have seen.
Glad you like it! The original design was with human skulls but Disney did not allowed, so we have to put "dinos like" skulls. If my mind doesn't play tricks on me, I believe there was a comic story arc related to the final base.
alterton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2022, 12:34 PM   #443
spriggan
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by alterton View Post
Glad you like it! The original design was with human skulls but Disney did not allowed, so we have to put "dinos like" skulls. If my mind doesn't play tricks on me, I believe there was a comic story arc related to the final base.
Always love your work.
spriggan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2022, 01:50 PM   #444
extracomputer.1
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alterton View Post
With the quality of work you did on this I hope someone puts you on the original HeMan series. That would be awesome. In this line or premier.
Old 01-31-2022, 05:01 PM   #445
alterton
Sculptor
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by spriggan View Post
Always love your work.
Thanks Spriggan! It is a team effort! from Chuck Terceira and Jean st Jean art directing, Caesar designing and in this case (as most of the pieces I have done for DST) Jason Wires 3d printing and doing the paint masters!

DST feels like home! Terrific and awesome guys to work with. I am about to finish my 50th pieces with them in digital, not counting the traditional works i did back in the days. So I am really glad you find enjoyable what we do! Thanks again for the kind words
Old 01-31-2022, 05:10 PM   #446
alterton
Sculptor
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by extracomputer.1 View Post
With the quality of work you did on this I hope someone puts you on the original HeMan series. That would be awesome. In this line or premier.
extracomputer.1!
thanks a million for your words and support... between you and me, you don't have an idea how much I have busted DST president balls to persue MOTU license!! too damned much! trust me LOL. I am a hugh freaking fan of MOTU, and would love to do the original characters in the PVC gallery line. I was lucky enough to do Filmation He-man 1:4 statue for Pop Culture Shock a few years back, it was my dreamed job, the highlight of my 15+ years carreer, so to be able to do MOTU characters for DST would be like geek heaven for me!!!
If fans bust DST president balls requesting MOTU statues at the AskDST secyion at DST site, maybe together we can push him to get us the license!!! fnck yes!!!
Thanks for your words again!
Old 02-01-2022, 05:48 PM   #447
DSTZach
Distributor

Alterton is the best. His next Marvel Gallery piece will blow everyone's mind.
DSTZach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2022, 03:16 PM   #448
extracomputer.1

Hey Zac, I am Curious as to why the dst store is so expensive compared to other places? It would seem to me that they would be the same at least. I just got a 20% off coupon and after shipping it’s still much cheaper for me to buy dst items elsewhere…as in anywhere else.
Old 02-10-2022, 05:59 PM   #449
DSTZach
Distributor

We charge MSRP, other retailers can charge whatever they want. They shouldn't be charging THAT much less, but some may cut the price by 20%; less profit for them, but they get the sale.

Our shipping may be more expensive, but I believe we offer multiple shipping options.
Old 02-15-2022, 01:18 PM   #450
DSTZach
Distributor

Alterton's next piece... Beta Ray Bill!
https://www.superherohype.com/geek-c...ll-pvc-diorama