Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 04-14-2021, 11:55 AM   #41
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi_don View Post
From GoodSmileUS FAQ

“ When will I be charged for my order?

**All Amazon and Paypal payments are charged immediately after an order is placed**

If paying by credit card:

Pre-Order products will be charged as soon as they are in stock.This can be up to three weeks prior to product release date.Until then, your order will remain in reserved status.”
I saw that. But I guess I don't understand what that means. The payment method determines when you are charged, not whether or not it's a pre order?
SDguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 12:18 PM   #42
Cmac
Mephisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
I saw that. But I guess I don't understand what that means. The payment method determines when you are charged, not whether or not it's a pre order?
So with PayPal and Amazon, preorders are treated as if the item is in stock. I've seen this at a lot of places, not just for things like statues. It might have something to do with the terms each company has in place with the retailer. It's why it can be difficult to get money back on a preorder paid with PayPal if something goes wrong when it comes in stock a year later.
Cmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 03:07 AM   #43
jedi_don
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

$1350 at BBTS. There will someone foolish enough to fail to find GoodSmileUS and pay that much.
jedi_don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 07:54 AM   #44
omigeo
Alpha Flight

"With Fans!" is a new series of products designed to create the goods that fans desire!

They bring together BANDAI NAMCO Arts's series and the artisans at Good Smile Company to make the dreams of fans all over the world come true!

https://www.goodsmile.info/en/withfans

I was hoping that Sideshow would carry this one.
omigeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 10:36 AM   #45
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by omigeo View Post
"With Fans!" is a new series of products designed to create the goods that fans desire!

They bring together BANDAI NAMCO Arts's series and the artisans at Good Smile Company to make the dreams of fans all over the world come true!

https://www.goodsmile.info/en/withfans

I was hoping that Sideshow would carry this one.
Would be a pleasant surprise, and my RP would definitely come in handy there.
Old 11-23-2022, 11:26 PM   #46
jedi_don
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

Tracking number received. Will most likely ship in the next few days.
jedi_don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2023, 10:17 PM   #47
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi_don View Post
Tracking number received. Will most likely ship in the next few days.
Did you ever get this?
Old 07-30-2023, 08:25 AM   #48
tiphares4
Doh!

As i wrote some time ago in another thread on this forum:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiphares4 View Post
There is one other statue so far which i also desperately want to get - also made of polystone at least partially , but it is not gally and by another company, but i don't want to share which it is here - as i fear it would only make the price skyrocket / soar even higher than now...

I was extremely lucky & was able to get it for under 1000 ? without any taxes, customs duties, not even any shipping costs etc.

The owner was extremely super nice, the reason to sell it was to make more space for his huge collection of figures, he showed me some photos of it, alone his collection of the ALIEN franchise was super extensive. etc. etc.

Statue is in extremely perfect condition, Seller was so nice to share a bunch of photos beforehand.

When this statue was announced - in 2021 i believe - i was shocked by the price & never really considered to own it one day..

I am a huge fan of the original 1995 animation movie & the artstyle, but also of each anime or manga where mamoru oshii and his people were involved, be it gits, patlabor 2, magnetic rose, jin roh or that kerberos panzer cops manga.

I don't even like anything else from the gits franchise and have watched each incarnation not more than 1 time or none, be it innocence, sac, sac_2045, arise, and so on... i don't even like the original mangas/comics by masamune shirow, whereas i've watched the 1995 maybe 50 times or more..

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
Given the single color paint app on the body, and the single colour base (black) the price seems pricey.
I am no expert but when i opened the box and saw the body & skin i noticed that there seems to be a lot of emulated subsurface scattering going on via the painting style - it looks like there are reddish areas shimmering through the skin & so on. Its barely visible on the photos, only in person and with specific light i think.. especially if you point strong light source at her.

Kind of similar to the face of my Gally statue.

btw. the statue itself (not counting the base) was surprisingly heavy.

BUT i have noticed one giant huge mistake. One of the pipes connects into another one, which doesn't make much sense. Then i looked at the original artstyle vorlage or illustration on which this statue is based on - and it is obvious they made a mistake, giant blooper.

In original artstyle image (which i will attach here) said pipe or schlauch goes around & behind her right leg.

It is hardly visibile but it is there, you can still see a glimpse of that curvature of the piping disappearing behind her leg - i made red circle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
the production of the figure has been supervised by the film's animation supervisor Hiroyuki Okiura and color designer Kumiko Yusa...
This was huge oversight by them.... a curios mistake due to perspective on an otherwise immaculate statue imo.

Btw.: i would like to place / scatter some 1/4 scale bullet shells (no pun intended) / spent casings on the base - I know it wouldn't be faithful to the original illustration but it would make sense, since this could depict her going through maintanance / calibration phase within megatech corp.

Does anyone know where to get 1/4 bullet casings? There seem to be a lot of 1/4 scale guns but i found no casings.

btw.: i made simple background swap with original artwork almost ten years ago to make wallpaper for myself:

https://www.deviantart.com/nithelyth...city-493057943

so i'm really a huge fan somehow : )

Next statue would be probably Tomie hospital basement statue from Echoes Gallery.. if i have money for it..

Sorry for bad english & cheers
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20230725_203119.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	161.5 KB
ID:	163954   Click image for larger version

Name:	20230725_222057.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	115.7 KB
ID:	163955   Click image for larger version

Name:	CAT-TW-001-A0304-P1200 4.jpg