Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 03-10-2019, 09:40 AM   #1001
Chunk
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

I'm glad they included head stands as well. All 3 portraits are lovely and deserve displaying. I think smirk and red ruby will be my primary setup though. I'm drawn to that combination the most.
Chunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 12:16 PM   #1002
BrandonJF
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by generalzodlives View Post
Opened mine last night after hearing about all the leg breaks. Luckily, mine arrived with no damage. I ended up damaging one of her arms when the magnet sucked it into the socket harder than I expected. Now I have a little chip on the back of the left arm with the open hand. I wasn't planning on using that arm anyway, but it's still irritating.
That sucks. If you bought it from Sideshow, I'm sure they'd get you another arm if you asked for it. I ended up with some minor damage to a part while assembling and just asked if I could buy the part since I caused the damage (well, to be fair, even when these come with instructions, they aren't the best and the damage would've been avoided if they actually mentioned how to put it together...). They treated it like a normal damaged part and I eventually got the replacement at no cost. They even offered me a partial refund to keep it as-is (I took the replacement part).

I guess it's good that these magnets are strong - when I was posing the whip, I was just waiting for an arm to swing out and crash into something.
BrandonJF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 12:48 PM   #1003
Chunk
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

I couldn't take it anymore and unboxed her again to recheck the legs. (My back hates me right now) Peace of mind > Pain. Lol! Carefully applied pressure where the top of the boots join the leg. Nothing turned, twisted, rotated or moved. After examining in the sunlight she has no cracks or visible white porcelain. I can confirm she's solid as a rock and perfect.

On a side note: Did Sideshow get allotted more Exclusives because I thought this was sold out?
Chunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 06:19 PM   #1004
Nugchompa
Captain Marvel

I went to repack this today and realized that both legs are broken at the boot. WTH, Prime 1.
Nugchompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 06:22 PM   #1005
bdlovelace
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugchompa View Post
I went to repack this today and realized that both legs are broken at the boot. WTH, Prime 1.
I have a bad feeling about the remaining shipments....
bdlovelace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 07:59 PM   #1006
Jiggatron69
The X-Men

Quote:
Making me nervous and want to go recheck the new one I got. It’s like I know I checked her and she looked flawless but until I get my pedestal and have her on it I’m just super suspect of this box....
Jiggatron69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 11:16 PM   #1007
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
You thought it was only one previously right?
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 02:05 AM   #1008
Nugchompa
Captain Marvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
You thought it was only one previously right?
Correct. One leg was noticeably wobbly which made me inspect it closer. Since I was actually in the daylight messing with it today, I noticed white areas around the other boot. I touched the area and it was actually a powder. There was a crack all the way around that boot as well. Seeing how these cracks are, I have a hard time believing it is from shipping.
Nugchompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 04:52 AM   #1009
Glencairn
The Spirit

Maybe that styrofoam has a little design flaw, so the statue is mostly resting on her heels and when impact comes, boot seam is the weakest spot...
Glencairn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 06:25 AM   #1010
KaraFan
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Glad I canceled. I wasn't taking a chance on this. I'm over returning things.
KaraFan is offline   Reply With Quote