Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 11-01-2019, 03:53 PM   #1
Indomitus
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Switchouts, new heads, and accessories for your PFs?

As many of us are winding down our collecting days (not all of you I understand with deep pockets and a passion for this hobby that runs deeper than survival), I was thinking about what else would keep me in this game.

Switchouts, new heads, and accessories for those Premium Formats!

Sideshow has tried their hand at this with masks.

Sideshow offers accessory pieces as an EX already.

And Prime 1 did this with heads (on a bust).

So do it Sideshow. This would revive interest in those pieces collecting dust in the warehouse and open a new market. Or do you like distributing watches, cups, and backpacks instead?

What I would like to see.

Mjolnir resting on a rock base like Excalibur waiting for the worthy to pick it up.

Caps shield stuck in the ground splitting a WW2 Nazi helmet in half.

Wolverines claw hand extended out of the ground giving the impression of being buried and coming back.

Superman's cape in the wind on a flag pole.

Batman's mask and gloves on the ground in a pile next to Catwoman's mask and boots. You get the picture!

Krypto with a batarang in his mouth.

And of course switch out hands, heads, guns, etc. etc.

Where there is demand, there is opportunity. Go get that money Sideshow!

Indomitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 03:58 PM   #2
supermetroid
Teen Titans

As long as they don't hold back a better portrait to sell later I'd be ok with it...
supermetroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 04:13 PM   #3
mva5580
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Sideshow has a hard enough time with providing worthwhile switch outs for statues as they ship, I don't see them providing more down the road as being very realistic.
mva5580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 04:31 PM   #4
chronos1919
Nightwing

Accessory pieces like Krypto, sure. Additional switch-outs that they can hold back from a statue to sell later? **** that.

You don't even realize the mess that you're asking for. Look at how DLC and micro-transactions have impacted the video game industry.
chronos1919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 04:51 PM   #5
supermetroid
Teen Titans

Yeah I don't really trust SS lol. At least now most people call out games that pull that crap, I realize there's money to be made for worthless cosmetic stuff but some developers go way too far.
supermetroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 04:55 PM   #6
Indomitus
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronos1919 View Post
Accessory pieces like Krypto, sure. Additional switch-outs that they can hold back from a statue to sell later? **** that.

You don't even realize the mess that you're asking for. Look at how DLC and micro-transactions have impacted the video game industry.
I get the concern for micro-transactions for gaming but that isn't the same with statues. We already pay more for EX versus Collector. No free lunches with Sideshow here. So what would the change be? You would breath new life into an older piece collecting dust. And maybe Sideshow would actually make more switch outs.

Holding back to sell later? They don't need to do that when they can already raise prices and people will still buy. Sideshows pieces barely come out with switch outs lately so what is there to lose? Prime 1 and XM are the companies really offering those and the reason I am focusing on Sideshow.

If you really take a look at the Sideshow pieces coming out and what is offered as an EX switch out, very weak sauce. 1 piece usually and the EX costs more. If they aren't going to put the effort to offer more stuff with a piece, at least make it and sell it as an option.
Indomitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 05:01 PM   #7
TheLastMan
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

No. Just no.
TheLastMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 05:01 PM   #8
moyiori
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronos1919 View Post

Well they can do the best portrait, but i think "the best portrait" is at times going to be determined person to person. Maybe some of the portraits should be MTO when ordering the statue, pick all portraits or pick only one and save money? At least this makes your statue hold more value.

On the video game note, yes i dislike DLC why can't you sell me a complete game? This is why I wait for GOTY editions or wait for games to be 20-30 bucks.

Micro-transactions can go @#$*(U@#$ and why i hate free to play games, make a 3 dollar game be 70 dollars real quick.
moyiori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 05:20 PM   #9
SONICobra
Batman

nope
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 05:28 PM   #10
Comicbookguy
Hercules

I can see 10 different portraits, 5 switch out arms, 10 base add on's. etc.... for every statue. It would be a great money maker but very hard on collectors who wants a complete statue with everything. Lol
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote