Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Exodiuz's Vids & Video Games

Old 02-06-2014, 09:44 AM   #1
damienjakk
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Deception IV: Blood Ties

Any other Deception fans here? I still have parts 1, 2, 3 on PSX, and Trapt (spiritual successor) on PS2. I was wondering why a random forgotten game like Trapt appeared on PSN this past Tuesday, well now I know. Anyway, new trailer looks awesome with a clearly enhanced combo system. We need more game where you get to play as the villain and kill wanna be heroes and innocent victims.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8cSBK1AprA
damienjakk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 09:33 AM   #2
PureInvasion
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

never heard of the series before...but I'm not sure if I could handle this JRPG. Too much whining and moaning from the characters
PureInvasion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 10:28 AM   #3
Vracula
Jedi Order

I will never understand the Japs.All i know is that I am scared of them.
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 10:52 AM   #4
damienjakk

Can't argue that. To be fair though the last game Trapt on PS2 wasn't nearly as comical as this one. The series slowly started poking fun at itself with each iteration, the first one in particular was quite morbid. I distinctly remember a mother and father trying to retrieve medicine from your stronghold to save their dying child. Upon murdering both parents you get a fade away to their cabin where you get to see the kid die in bed from his illness thanks to you thwarting his parent's efforts. I think the last game struck just the right chord between being evil and lighthearted.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zhJvmzCkK0
Old 02-07-2014, 11:13 AM   #5
PureInvasion

Quote:
Originally Posted by damienjakk View Post
Can't argue that. To be fair though the last game Trapt on PS2 wasn't nearly as comical as this one. The series slowly started poking fun at itself with each iteration, the first one in particular was quite morbid. I distinctly remember a mother and father trying to retrieve medicine from your stronghold to save their dying child. Upon murdering both parents you get a fade away to their cabin where you get to see the kid die in bed from his illness thanks to you thwarting his parent's efforts. I think the last game struck just the right chord between being evil and lighthearted.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zhJvmzCkK0
Old 02-09-2014, 06:44 PM   #6
vinnnie
Luke Cage

I always loved playing JRPG's. But this game seems way to weird, even for me.
vinnnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 07:01 PM   #7
MrYac
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by damienjakk View Post
the first one in particular was quite morbid. I distinctly remember a mother and father trying to retrieve medicine from your stronghold to save their dying child.
the first game is one of my all time favorites, 2 was ok never knew there were others after. but to be fair the parents were trying to kill you to collect the (at the time unjust) bounty on your head, it wasn't just them trying to get medicine and you being a jerk and not letting them have it

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnnie View Post
I always loved playing JRPG's. But this game seems way to weird, even for me.
it's not an RPG though, like I said I only ever played the first 2 but it was more like a giant game of mousetrap then any form of RPG, each mission would start with a little intro of a group of people entering your house for whatever reason and your job was to set up a series of booby traps to stop them, getting the traps to string off of each other was worth more points but the ultimate goal was always to get them out of the house either by killing, trapping or scaring them away
MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 08:19 AM   #8
damienjakk

To elaborate on the above, you can string together some really sick combos. Basically you are given a floor, ceiling, and wall trap to place. As you progress through the game you can upgrade and purchase new and better traps. Once a trap is sprung it has a cool down time, some quicker than others, and your objective is to make the most potent combination possible to kill your enemy.

For example, you can use a bear trap on the floor to catch someone, then align a wall trap such as a buzz saw to hit them again, finally you can have a ceiling trap positioned to where you know the buzz saw will leave them and drop a boulder on them.

Other aspects like stationary objects in the room come into play like iron maidens and what not. These usually give you time to refill the meter on a trap you sprung already so you can continue the combo. Electricity, oil/fire, etc. also come into play so you can really let your creativity flow as far as the combos go.
Old 02-10-2014, 10:35 PM   #9
MrYac
Hercules

in the first one (maybe the others too) you could also capture the intruders alive to use their souls to create monsters to outright attack people, such a fun game
MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 11:54 AM   #10
PureInvasion

So those trap ideas sound really interesting actually. Does this Deception IV gameplay feature the same aspects?