Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
despite all its flaws it looks freaking incredible in your photos lol
Agreed the photos make it look 9.5 out of 10
xforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 04:03 PM   #12
COI

Great review, and based on the build quality, I think you're being kind.

Nothing dampers a piece for me more than poor build quality, and I agree that price needs to be taken into account in that category.
COI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 04:25 PM   #13
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
I think this makes SS Venomsaurus the end all be all of statues. It's that bad. How can a company make such an impressive statue like Magneto vs. Sentinel...then turn back and make a plastic toy you can buy in Toys R' Us?? Utterly despicable...in every sense of the word.

I do agree that the concept for this statue is really awesome...but you got to see the whole thing through. Thank God I'm exclusively XM. The day they go the way of the dodo bird, so do I from this hobby.

Sorry you spent your hard earned money on this travesty. Hope you can get a refund, and / or invest some money in this to make at least the base real metal or something much sturdier.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 11:09 AM   #14
MrJones
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

As always, despite it's flaws, I enjoyed your review. Your review of the piece gets a 10/10 because you maintained your composure and I could see you struggling to be so diplomatic. Had I reviewed it, it would have been like one of those videos you see of kids throwing temper tantrums over video games. Broken plastic everywhere!

I was actually very surprised. I just watched your review yesterday but saw you post a picture on IG I guess last week or so, and much like everyone else I thought the picture looked phenomenal! Even in the video, it still looks good. It is just unfortunate it's made so cheaply. No excuse for something that price point. Maybe if it was like one of those hard plastic Assassins Creed statues you can get for $150 you would be more forgiving. Anyways, thanks for taking the time to still do the review!
MrJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 12:14 PM   #15
SONICobra
Batman

yeah i agree, i watched the review the other day and kris kept it together. it sucks cause you could tell how disappointed he was, what a let down - this thing had such incredible potential. it will be interesting to see how this will effect future releases and their success
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 08:08 PM   #16
Cougrcrumby
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

After watching your video review.... I can't even lie ok at it without thinking cheap plastic ..that literally breaks into pieces as you were trying to review it. Jeesh.
Cougrcrumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 03:45 PM   #17
FastballSpecial
Teen Titans

This could have been something Spectacular. Hopefully IS learns from this going forward.
FastballSpecial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 08:58 PM   #18
Y3E
Gen 13

Great review Bmutha.

When I first saw this statue I thought it was too busy but looking at your pics it is not that bad at all. Hard to see the problems with it just from the pictures but I am not surprised. There are so many pieces, intricate and small, problems can occur. Too bad.

Hopefully, IS is reading this and learn from it and try not to let it happen again.
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 10:43 AM   #19
Bmutha
I like to make what's yours mine.

Quick update on this piece:

I recently received a full replacement from Iron Studios, and since it shipped directly from China, I assume it was made in a newer batch. Although the statue still suffers from plastic parts and poor build in some aspects, I will say there are significant improvements on the following:

1. Paint on Spider-Man's body is much cleaner,
2. Spider-Man's fingers are nice and straight,
3. All parts of the statue fit together without bending or breaking,
4. The seams at Spider-Man's neck, arms, and boots have all been significantly improved...the neck seam is practically not visible.

So, kudos to Iron Studios for helping me out and providing the replacement, and seemingly striving to improve the quality control on the replacement pieces.
Bmutha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 11:04 AM   #20
Valkyrie
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

I've since returned mine to Sideshow and moved on, but I'm glad Iron Studios apparently is standing behind their product and attempting to make things right. I'll keep that in mind if I should ever be interested in one of their future products. Unfortunately, being my first Iron Studios statue, this left a bad taste so I'll be cautious going forward.

I also think it was a classy move on your part to update your review with this news.
Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote