Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Kotobukiya

Old 06-05-2013, 09:23 PM   #2371
BarrelCannon
Nightwing

When will we see the painted xiaoyu, mara jade and chun li bishojous?

Quote:
Originally Posted by asura View Post
The market is crowded with outfits from the 70s and the 90s...seems like no manufacturer wants to make modern...It makes me think that no manufacturer actually follows comics...
Actually I'd say we were crowded with the modern cyclops. Sideshow only recently did the jim lee look before that they did two pieces with a modern cyclops. bowen also did modern cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonk View Post
A little known fact - our original plan was to offer Carnage with Spider-Man and Venom and base it off the Maximum Carnage storyline ... so anything is possible as our line expands!
I'd love to see this happen!
BarrelCannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 09:35 PM   #2372
DiscoCougar
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Hi Gonk

Was the last Danger Room Sessions Cyclops paint application a mistake, or was he given a non-metallic look on purpose? I know there were mentions that because of his larger base that there was a price increase and certain things taken out to make him affordable (like the light up feature). But will future DRS characters receive a flat base paint from now on or will they get the same metallic look like the statues before Cyclops (Psylocke, Gambit, Wolverine, etc)?

Thanks

This is mostly left to Erick's discretion. We do everything possible at the factory level to match the finish that is used on the paint master.
Thanks for the quick reply Gonk!

But how is that a true statement when all the promo pictures for Cyclops showed him painted with the metallic blue finish that every other Danger Room Sessions figure received? Even the box art he was released in has a metallic blue finish. Are you saying that Erik specifically told Koto to change the paint right before he was released for some reason? Since every statue in the X-Men line has had a metallic finish, and Cyclops doesn't, does this mean that all future X-Men statues are going to have a flat matte finish from now on?

(Here's a photo thanks to user markuz30 to show all the different paint applications for what's been released so far)

(box art)
DiscoCougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 09:37 PM   #2373
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
We're still in the process of reworking the Commander Shepard ARTFX so expect more updates soon on this one.
Reworking as in changing his pose? That would be cool because his pose is a bit awkward..
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 10:39 PM   #2374
Madame_Siryn
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
No plans are in place at the moment to expand this series past Yoshimitsu.
Thanks for your response, I appreciate it. At the same time, it dashes my hopes in seeing Kazuya/Devil Kazuya, Jin/Devil Jin, Hwoarang, Sergei, and Bryan Fury fine art statues. I'll be very satisfied if the statues were Artfx/Artfx+ instead just to keep it affordable.
Madame_Siryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 01:52 AM   #2375
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Wow all those koto x men statues looks so much better than the x men pf SS versions. Cyclops, wolverine, colossus, psylocke, gambit, magneto, all in my opinion kills the SS scuplts on all of them. My question is will we still get reissues of older Bishoujo statues?
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 04:58 PM   #2376
chunkster702
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Brown Wolverine KOTOBUKIYA booth SDCC13 ??

Do you do plan on being at other comic conventions other than SDCC?
chunkster702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 05:12 PM   #2377
ZKULPTOR
MASTERING 3D!!!!!!
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscoCougar View Post
Thanks for the quick reply Gonk!

But how is that a true statement when all the promo pictures for Cyclops showed him painted with the metallic blue finish that every other Danger Room Sessions figure received? Even the box art he was released in has a metallic blue finish. Are you saying that Erik specifically told Koto to change the paint right before he was released for some reason? Since every statue in the X-Men line has had a metallic finish, and Cyclops doesn't, does this mean that all future X-Men statues are going to have a flat matte finish from now on?

(Here's a photo thanks to user markuz30 to show all the different paint applications for what's been released so far)

(box art)
Actually the original did have a subtle metallic look, I think Gonk misunderstood your question. Whenever you see promotional images of the product that is most likely the original prototype, in that sense I am 100% responsible. There are many variables that come into play at the factory level. I am working with Koto to make sure product remains consistent in comparison to their prototype counterparts.
ZKULPTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 08:21 PM   #2378
rhy
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZKULPTOR View Post
I am working with Koto to make sure product remains consistent in comparison to their prototype counterparts.
So will you guys redo Cyclops? I know a bunch of us really want to add him to the collection but not in his current state.
rhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 09:59 PM   #2379
DiscoCougar
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZKULPTOR View Post
Actually the original did have a subtle metallic look, I think Gonk misunderstood your question. Whenever you see promotional images of the product that is most likely the original prototype, in that sense I am 100% responsible. There are many variables that come into play at the factory level. I am working with Koto to make sure product remains consistent in comparison to their prototype counterparts.
I guess my big concern is whether or not future figures will have that slight metallic paint or not. So far every single release in the X-Men line that has been sculpted by you came with a uniform, metallic paint job - from your prototypes to the final releases the metallic paint was never changed. Cyclops was changed to a flat, non-metallic paint job and it's been explained as cost cutting measures, errors at the Kotobukiya factories, and/or your decision, Erik.

So, will future X-Men releases come with the flat paint like Cyclops did or will they come with the metallic paint like everyone else before got?

Thanks =)
DiscoCougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 12:39 PM   #2380
darkdealx
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

good question!
darkdealx is offline   Reply With Quote