David Yardin - TBA

Jon Sommariva - TBA

Ajna (Nicholas Martin) - TBA
Royd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 02:53 AM   #102
Royd
Producer
Producer

Okay, there was a heated exchange between Rod and me which occurred recently and which came about as a result of the Adam Hughes print not being what was expected. Rod and I have since apologised to each other off-board and he kindly deleted the posts.

However, I'm now able to respond to Rod's (and others) concerns regarding the print because Adam's partner/manager, Allison Sohn has graciously posted to the Adam Hughes Facebook page an explanation for what occurred:

A Message to the Fans Attending the SupaNova Convention in Australia- specifically those that purchased the package to meet Stan Lee:

"It has been brought to my attention that I mistakenly informed Adam that including Stan Lee in the print he was creating for the show was optional, when in fact it was part of the request made to us by the show's promoters. By the time we were aware of our mistake, the artwork had been approved by the convention and completed by Adam, with no time left for him to create a new piece of art, and no good way for Adam to go back and include Stan in the current piece.

The artwork was originally intended to be a part of the Stan Lee signing package for this show. If, as some fans have expressed to the convention promoters, Adam's neglecting to include an image of Stan Lee in his print for the show detracts from anyone's experience meeting Stan Lee, we are very, very sorry. We never intended to slight the fans, or to leave anyone feeling like they are getting less than they paid for, or were promised.

We hope that the fans at SupaNova, getting to experience meeting Stan and getting a print, can forgive us for this mistake. Hopefully you can enjoy the artwork as a representation of characters that Stan created, and not allow my oversight to diminish your enjoyment of the show, or of this special and unique chance to meet Stan Lee.

My sincere apologies;
Allison Sohn"

Hope this clarifies the background to the piece and what occurred It was a genuine misunderstanding. Best,

Royd (who's looking forward to catching up with Rod, Alex et al in Sydney)
Old 06-11-2014, 03:44 AM   #103
Wrothy
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Good to hear mate. The print is still planned to be available to purchase in Perth as well as Sydney, yes?
Wrothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 03:48 AM   #104
Royd
Producer
Producer

Wrothy - I'll need to check because the print arrangements and Stan Lee ticket weren't something I was involved with. I'll find out in the next couple of days
Old 06-11-2014, 04:40 AM   #105
lordrycon
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Have fun all you super lucky folks heading to Sydney this weekend
lordrycon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 05:58 AM   #106
Rocket
Art of Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royd View Post
Okay, there was a heated exchange between Rod and me which occurred recently and which came about as a result of the Adam Hughes print not being what was expected. Rod and I have since apologised to each other off-board and he kindly deleted the posts.

However, I'm now able to respond to Rod's (and others) concerns regarding the print because Adam's partner/manager, Allison Sohn has graciously posted to the Adam Hughes Facebook page an explanation for what occurred:

A Message to the Fans Attending the SupaNova Convention in Australia- specifically those that purchased the package to meet Stan Lee:

"It has been brought to my attention that I mistakenly informed Adam that including Stan Lee in the print he was creating for the show was optional, when in fact it was part of the request made to us by the show's promoters. By the time we were aware of our mistake, the artwork had been approved by the convention and completed by Adam, with no time left for him to create a new piece of art, and no good way for Adam to go back and include Stan in the current piece.

The artwork was originally intended to be a part of the Stan Lee signing package for this show. If, as some fans have expressed to the convention promoters, Adam's neglecting to include an image of Stan Lee in his print for the show detracts from anyone's experience meeting Stan Lee, we are very, very sorry. We never intended to slight the fans, or to leave anyone feeling like they are getting less than they paid for, or were promised.

We hope that the fans at SupaNova, getting to experience meeting Stan and getting a print, can forgive us for this mistake. Hopefully you can enjoy the artwork as a representation of characters that Stan created, and not allow my oversight to diminish your enjoyment of the show, or of this special and unique chance to meet Stan Lee.

My sincere apologies;
Allison Sohn"

Hope this clarifies the background to the piece and what occurred It was a genuine misunderstanding. Best,

Royd (who's looking forward to catching up with Rod, Alex et al in Sydney)
Caught this on Facebook as well, thanks for the heads up mate

Really appreciate the clarity and probably above all else, appreciate the fact that someone stood up and took ownership of the mistake

Looking forward to the weekend!
Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 10:11 PM   #107
lordrycon

Is someone able to try and pick me up a Stan Lee Pop Vinyl Supanova Exclusive and bring it to Oz Comic Con Melbourne?
Old 06-12-2014, 12:28 AM   #108
Woody
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Glad the print thing is sorted. I would have preferred it to be a Stan print too like everyone else, but I still have the J. Scott Campbell OzCC Stan print that I didn't get a chance to get signed, so I'm glad I get a second chance. Never ever expected to meet Stan twice in my lifetime!

Time is going to be tight though. Been in Sydney all week working and can't get to the con until late tomorrow, then have my Stan ticket privileges Saturday, fly out Sat night. Just hoping I get enough time to at least get a quick sketch from Alan Davis, an all-time fave for me going back to Excalibur.

Ryan - I can try and get a Stan figure for you but won't be at OzCC, maybe Rod or someone can help?
Woody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 11:16 PM   #109
Woody
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Ryan - just read the fine print, only one Stan Lee figurine per person, and I'm on my own. Sorry mate, hope someone else can help.
Woody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 12:12 AM   #110
lordrycon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody View Post
Ryan - just read the fine print, only one Stan Lee figurine per person, and I'm on my own. Sorry mate, hope someone else can help.
No problem, thanks Woody.