Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Gentle Giant

Old 12-29-2014, 06:54 PM   #31
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
Do GG not offer replacements? Or only to those who order direct?
I'd imagine they do, though I've never needed any so I can't vouch for the process. The problem is likely the amount of replacements being produced and how they're being distributed. I'd venture to guess replacements for anyone that ordered outside of GG themselves will be limited to the existing stock that particular dealer has on hand. While true replacements are likely reserved and absorbed by those who paid top dollar and ordered direct.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 08:02 PM   #32
jedi_don
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

The breakages have a lot to do with type of resin GG's factory uses. While it holds better details than SS and Bowen, it tends to be more fragile. It was a while, but I do recall people reporting chips and breakages on the Sucker Punch statues. This isn't so much a QC problem than it is a packing design and sometimes a handling problem (chips occuring in the factory due to mishandling which are a QC issue).

My Amber recived a bad neck break because the package put pressure on the back of the head instead of the shoulders. The outside package and the styrofoam showed no damage. The factory needs to test the packaging more thoroughly before committing the entire production.

Breakages and chips occuring at the factory are definitely a QC problem. I am curious how contracts are done with the Chinese factories. Are there financial reprecussions for bad quality or is a certain amount of attrition just accepted as part of doing business with the low cost in China?

jedi_don is offline   Reply With Quote